How long we should wait for Wisp nerf?

Likewise. We’ve only had to deal with it for a little over a week on console, but I can see the potential for the pattern you’re describing to happen in any given battle. I’ve been quite cautious playing against the Wisp teams and haven’t lost to them yet (though I’ve had a couple very close calls), but it reminds me of the J-League in that the team is completely beatable, is generally easy to counter, but once in a while it goes off and destroys you while there is nothing you can do about it. My close calls have been when I’ve been using a double-mab team (the safest option I can think of), had half or more of the opponent team frozen for most of the match and still they’ve been able to take out 3 of my troops.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Im the only gangsta around here… Others are honorary gangstas, an honor bestowed by me.

Ya betta reconizeeee!

Can we agree that one main issue is the omnipresence of Wisp in GW?

But the solution is pretty simple: the new defense system. But we are still waiting for it… July 27th:

3.1.5? Nooooo. And no news about that (aside the usual “it’s coming one day”)…

Are devs the ones who are playing GW? Of course not. It’s us, players who have to deal with unbalanced troops everyday. When Impervious was broken, Kraken was everywhere with no way to defense against his devour (p.s. in my dictionnary it’s called "bug exploit’, just saying).

How much time it takes to fix the 1-troop defense teams? Less than one week… Difference with the above issue:

• less difficult to implement
  • on the server side
  • cough cough game economy is involved

Sorry but 3.1.5 was released one month after 3.1 with almost nothing inside (2 main bugs…). Is one month not enough to implement the new defense system?

(Reminder of what could be the new defense system)

• the current UI could be enough for that: no need of a new Defense Menu or do it after, players can remind their team
  • lock 6 buttons (ie “changing defense team” ones) could be done in 5 minutes and could be ready for the 3.1.5
  • defense bonus could be opaque (it’s the new standard apparently) and done on the server part: tweaking with numbers is never easy but don’t ask so much codes

So I don’t see why we are going to wait 1 or 2 additional month(s) to stop this annoying GW that we have everyday.

4 Likes

That is the best post I’ve read in a long time. They could nerf fizzbang in a hot minute, but @Saltypatra and the devs must think it’s funny. or they’ve been charmed by the wisps…they must be stopped…

They also seem to think this will fix all the balance problems. Wisps will still be awful in PvP. As will all the other awful meta defenses. GW just pisses people off more.

My simple suggestion is to take away the Wisp’s jumble. He’d still be viable… couldn’t be targeted, dispels, enchants AND gives an extra turn… he’d be like a usable goblin. It’s the jumble combined with the extra turn that makes it unstoppable at times. Which, as some have pointed out, is absurd for an Ultra Rare.

5 Likes

It’s funny too that the new ability submerge is a status effect, since it can be dispelled by wisps. I thought I’d submerge Leonardo (my turtle dragons name )and he’d hide from the wisps. To my dismay Leo was dead on the next turn :frowning:

3 Likes

Wisps don’t damage the whole team with their spell, so Submerge has zero effect against them, even if they wouldn’t dispel it.

2 Likes

I know it’s just the fact they get dispelled. They might survive kryst that will certainly follow

1 Like

Still waiting - this troop is still bloody stupid.