How are we all feeling about Gems of War now? Let’s review!

Yup. That’s sounds about right. And it is indeed, “sickening”, as you said.

2 Likes

Been said for a quite a while now. Their idea of gem value is vastly different than that of the players.

6 Likes

Today after seeing the bull*** bounties I couldn’t finish my daily tasks, dungeon and gw quick enough. I don’t know how they have the balls to say they rolled out THREE NEW GAME MODES…they rolled out ONE and copied and pasted it for 3 fkn weeks… that is NOT three new modes. That is LAZY. They will of course delete this post asap. They don’t like when they’re called out on it.

4 Likes

It has already been stated throughout this thread and others, but…

My husband and I both play in one of the top guilds on PS4 and love the game. We are relatively competitive players and LOVE guild wars. Guild wars is unique, challenging, and the rewards are fair and hard fought for. I feel that reducing the frequency of GW created a vacuum that was not properly filled by the new modes. I am open to new modes, but as they stand right now, I find them (Raids, Invasion, etc.) a disappointment. They don’t feel unique from each other, they are not challenging, the rewards are meh - I’d rather do explore battles(maybeee?)… I just hope the new modes get better.

PS. Gnomes are fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gnomes ARE fun. I wish they had done 3 copies of the Vault event and only one like either Raid, Invasion, or Bounty.

8 Likes

Thank you all for helping out with feedback and discussion, I hope this all helps point the devs in the right direction.

They have a really good thing started here, but I think it could definitely be better and that would bring in more fun, hence more players.

A game is supposed to be fun and challenging, but it is starting to feel like a uphill battle, going backwards at the same time.

It’s great to see only a dozen of players are ready to quit, so at least there is still hope here.

So hopefully they can turn this ship around before it sinks.

Thanks again and keep the great ideas coming!

8 Likes

Yes. I believe this game has become very Sisyphean for players. Basically, every day we strive to push the boulder up the hill, only for it to roll back down to the bottom, the next day.

In short, I believe this game is becoming more laborious, lackluster, and, ultimately, a futile endeavor. A never ending job, instead of a fun adventure, for the majority of us (mid to late game players).

And, not only that, but having things like Raids and Invasions (as they are), in this game, is a slap in the face to every loyal player. Especially, those of us that have decided to support this game with not only our time, but also our hard earned cash.

6 Likes

Don’t forget how great it feels when the boulder rolls right over top of you as well.

We only say this because we care, if not we’d quit and let it fade to black.

Bring back the enjoyment we once had here in the game. No stress, just a easy, laid back game.

I’ve been here almost two years, so I’m not a discouraged noob by any means.

I have been playing less lately though, it’s just not a the same anymore, maybe I’m just at the burnt out phase, idk… :crossed_fingers:. Come on devs, you’ve got this!

5 Likes

Indeed. While some of what we all say may come off as “harsh”, it’s not our intention. At least, not for most of us. Most would say that everything we mention does come from a place of love and care. As you said, if we didn’t feel those things, we wouldn’t comment. We would just wait for everything to “face to black” and then move on to the next game that catches our fancy.

1 Like

Hell, I even made a thank you thread because I was pretty happy with how it was.

So for now I’ll stay positive and wait patiently to see what’s next.

Raid, Invasion and Bounty are too similar.
5 vs 5 troops battles is what I would like to see. That would give plenty of new strategies to try. But I know the odds for that to happen are lower than a 25 tributes. :laughing:

2 Likes

I have to say after seeing the new Bounty mode I am more disappointed than I was by the last two events, which to me were terrible.

These three “new” modes are the same. There is no difference. Worse still, they are made to take our gems and give nothing back. I am okay with buying a product, but throwing money (gems) into the wind is ludicrous.

This worries me because if this is the direction the game is going, it is either financially struggling and close down, or I will be forced to uninstall due to the overbearing pay to win/play structure.

I truly hope I am wrong about both of those options.

3 Likes

Well, another day of wars with bugs. You know, once every three weeks is ok, but when I win four and an ready for my 5th fight and I have a loss in the second, I’m like what??? Still, why can’t they figure this out already??? This should be priority number 1!!!

Seriously, I think they want us all to quit. My patience is running out.

Fix the bugs and forget making new stuff. Fix the broken game you made already!!! Enough is enough.

4 Likes

Fixing bugs doesn’t make them money.
Unless the bug benefits the player then it will be fixed immediately due to breaking the economy and losing them money.

12 Likes

All in all, if you want to play the new game modes, be sure to have some gems, for newer player this may seem impossible.

They took away our gems from tasks and more. But now we need them more then ever. Can we meet in the middle between the devs, publishers and players. So we can all be happy?

It’s fun to play, but expensive if we want to complete the rewards.

The raids, bounties and invasions all feel very similar as the battles get tedious and start to feel repetitive. If the rewards per battle were better, then I wouldn’t mind it as much and might enjoy them more.

Ps4 leader boards, how are the other servers?

I know that nobody forces you to play anything, but if you play the game and feel excluded from some parts, then it can feel like you’re missing out.

I decided to complete the bounties this week as it was said it will go up the next time.

I was also lucky to get the last mythic with 200 gem keys so my stash was spared. If I was any lower I’d likely think different.

Can this game be saved or are we stuck with it as it is now?

I’m That’s my thoughts, how about the rest of the community,now that we have completely played it through and are approaching the next raids.

Are we excited!!! Or not?

2 Likes

I went all in this week and bought all tiers for no real reason other than not really caring about my gems anymore (atm i am not even sure if i’m still around when the next mythic arrives and i’d need the gems). The leaderboard rewards sure aren’t worth it, the 20 bounty reward levels aren’t either, All the orb hassle being randomized doesn’t help.
Having to fight the level 20 battle a hundred-ish times is insanely mindnumbing and boring, they could at least have randomized the opponents there to help with that.

But the by far worst part about this event is how insanely terrible the Bounty Hunter troops are.
Boring af, incredibly weak (aside from the super buggy parrot that doesn’t even know how he is supposed to work himself, sometimes silencing adjacent, sometimes silencing all enemy troops, sometimes nothing…).
Gorgotha and Infernus had to carry them all the way through basically never casting any of the BH troops spells which made for even more boring gameplay.
At least the Invasion siegebreaker was somewhat useable and effective for the event, the BH troops are basically empty slots reserved for a passive pointmodifier.

8 Likes

3 identical events - this is like a bad joke.

8 Likes

No way, they are different aren’t they? They just seem Identical. Lol.

Is it all in our heads?

Actually, I used the non randomized system to my advantage. I didn’t like doing Level 20 over and over again, as it was a pain (i could win, but it would take a while and I didn’t want to play Bounty mode all bloody day). So, I look a lesser level, but used more bounty troops. That way, I could get almost the same amount of points, but way easier battles, because the stats were lower and since it was the same team all the time, I could develop a consistent strategy.

Though, I will agree that facing the same team over and over (regardless of how strong or weak) does get old pretty fast. But, that’s basically what we were already doing in Raids and Invasions, anyway. Although, with all the different towers in Invasion, you could at least get a decent amount of variety. Raids? Not so much.

Sadly, the real problem here isn’t something so small as one issue, it’s the whole game mode(s), as a whole. For one, they’re all way too similar. Second, these expensive tiers and pay to win model is completely BS (at least how the prices and the rewards currently stand). Third, the battle variety is incredibly lacking.

And, lastly, the battle (stats) themselves get ridiculous. Especially, in Raids, you get to a point where you just kill the boss as quick as possible (which at higher levels basically requires the Raid troop) and then either you struggle to kill the other 3 enemies, or do everything you can to have them kill you as fast as possible (like giving them all the skulls). Sounds super fun right? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m glad that this thread has remained civil for the most part. We always endeavor to never censor your posts unless they becomes abusive or violate community guidelines. We are closely watching how the events are received over a period of time before we will put forward any additional changes or fixes.

3 Likes