Hopes for Campaign 3?

+1 (87654321)

1 Like

They will read the thread. But, as Salty often says on her streams, almost all of the suggestions/feedback in this thread is not actionable.

I hate to be the Bad News Bears on this, but…

• The devs are not going to reverse processes in-game that are there to intentionally burn resources.

• The devs are not going to remove cumbersome and annoying tasks from the game as they are there on purpose to get frustrated or time-crunched players to buy them out.

• The devs are not going to allow players to see all of the campaign tasks at once, allow players to pick and choose the order in which tasks are completed, or remove intentional timesinks/timegates from the campaign task list. That’s all by intentional design.

• The devs are not going to allow free task skips, ever. The whole point of the task skip system is to get players to spend gems to skip undesirable tasks.

• The devs are unlikely to improve free campaign rewards much further. They want to create a LOT of pain for players who do not buy the campaign pass to incentivize them to purchase future passes. The giant time gap in the availability of elite campaign pass rewards for free players is intentional and unlikely to significantly change in the future.

• I am skeptical about world event rules being available from within the game directly. Every gacha-based game I have ever played mandates players forming external communities to be able to discuss troops and events. Salty is big on community building, so I doubt that the level of detail that you are seeking will be provided in-game.

Sorry to throw a lot of cold water on this thread :cry:

4 Likes

This! Pleeeeease implement these!

Including a couple skips for the entire campaign in the elite pass would incentive people to buy it I think.

So…this is the opposite of hope…

I find this circumstance funny. This is the last week of the Campaign and the bonus stats run out after this week.

… and at the tail end, we have a Weekend Arena Event, the one Event where the bonus Campaign stats don’t matter. Why are we taking -3 days off the last week of the Campaign?

(At this point, it seems like most people dislike the Arena Event, so this won’t matter as much. But still, this is the setup we have for the people that do plan on participating. …Why is this a thing?)

5 Likes

Reason why i stopped @850 points (well went for 880, for few more writs) and haven’t done a single task since then… just waiting for next campaign to set up new goal (check rewards track + GW weeks).

So agreed. Free track needs a bit more stuff. Liked the Books on the track. more stuff would be like 1 vault key for 1000 points would be nice. (with 1 epic vault key for 1200 on epic track). That’s 1/2 free keys for players in 10 weeks. That’s nothing. Especialy there would be at least 2 vault weekends during campaign, where players can get more.

Maybe a Doom Scroll (and Extra 1 or 2 on Epic Pass ?).

Also id would be nice, if (after few campaing) Dev’s would decide, that Epic Pass (base one) could be bough with Gems (like 1000 or 2000, i know $/gems exchange rate would be realy crap, compared to those in offers, but that’s how it should be - those buying gems for $ would preffer to buy it directly, those playing totaly for free would still have an option to get it - even if it would mean they would have to give an arm and leg for it). But not expecting this to happen in campaign #3. Maybe something comming in late 2021, etc.

I ignored the entire campaign outside of a handful of tasks I completed “by accident” during week 1 during the normal course of my weekly play for specifically this reason.

Campaigns, right now, are worthless for free players. They cost more resources than they pay out, and they represent terrible ROI compared to something like grinding PVP or Explores for Gold.

Anyone who thinks that the rewards are garbage shouldn’t even be playing the game mode to begin with. Don’t add to the “metrics” showing the Campaigns are successful.

I still think this is some sort of misguided attempt to convince people to buy unneeded tiers and act as yet another Gem sink.

Yeah…still no Kurandara, which is by design I’m sure.

…the Devs are treating every single one of us as a sentient wallet. If you don’t already realize that, you’re naive.

Their job is to further the business plan decided on by the powers that be. It’s obvious that they like the game and like the community but that doesn’t change the fact that at the end of the day they’re going to keep tightening the screws at their masters’ orders. Because it’s their JOB.

The free rewards aren’t even to the point of being “rewards” yet. At least getting back what is paid in would be a nice baseline (though I’ve been around long enough to know how foolish I am for such a thought).

Never apologize for providing realistic insight, especially when you are always so respectful/tactful about it. Too many people forget that this game is a business, not a charity, and exists for the purpose of making as much money as possible (just like every other gacha game on the market) rather than making the players happy.

Manipulative tactics increase spending. This is proven. GoW is just leaning more heavily into it now than it did before.

4 Likes

As a F2P, I know I don’t have clout to ask for anything. Campaign tasks and rewards are menial/frustrating/[add your own adjective] but, like the dreaded Arena Event, many still add to those metrics. I “pay” for the game with my time. Even while I’m on these forums, I’m dedicating that scarcest of resources to the game.

Yet while I’m with the vocal minority that the Campaign tasks/rewards need a rework, I’m not as frustrated as the forum’s vocal minority appears to be. In a sense, Campaigns are like Arena Weekends: a time sink for low compensation.

But what really has me thinking is: what would improve the campaign? Would it be enough if the tasks were “more fun”? Would it be enough if the rewards were better, or in some way more permanent? Or would it have to be a combination of both?

Right now, you can get an unowned mythic for $50 (my shop is in CAD$ so not sure if this is correct price) every 4.3 weeks from Path to Glory/Power. The additional rewards are a ton of ingots or a ton of traitstones. Yet campaign gives a new mythic, pet, weapons and/or troops for $10 every 11 weeks. Since I know that I’ll be finishing every campaign task, it’s only the fact that I keep my FOMO in check (at least with regards to this) that I haven’t yet purchased the Elite Pass. I, like everyone that’s been playing, whether free, whale or in-between, will have access to this mythic, weapon, troop, and pet. I won’t get it soon, but as long as I keep playing, I’ll eventually get it. And if this game becomes something I no longer want to invest my scarce resource of time in, I’ll put it away and do something else.

2 Likes

I wish that the Lore would be more justified to reach that week 10 and face that bad guy.
Or justify what we are doing during this period.
In Campaign 1, we were presented to Shade of Kurandara, Kurandara and Enraged Kurandara during the course of our journey.
This time, we knew that Ankhnum killed the Orc in Grosh-Nak and somebody in Mist of Scales but we met him only now on week 10, the other weeks we retrieved the parts of a weapon that we needed to craft and raise Nefertani to fight Ankhnum. But no one was “excited” either to get any of those troops really, nor the Duskbringer parts or itself.
I wish the next journey is more perceptive that this one was. And look forward to see the next rewards from campaign pass (free and elite).

3 Likes