Hero Weapon idea

Had an idea for a Hero Weapon

Pandora’s Box
13 - All colors
Explode < magic/2 > gems. Summon a random Common rarity troop

This could prove an amusing ability: do you get a rockworm? a spider swarm? a skeleton? a centaur scout? The game has a lot of really great commons, but they don’t see much use as they aren’t “best”. And the all-color exploder would make it a handy catchall while providing plenty of mana to other troops.

8 Likes

Down to last troop, Hero

Casts Pandora’s Box

I choose you! Mythic… Peasant? O.o

Peasant: “Ready to work!”

In all seriousness though I like this idea, it sounds like a fun weapon to use, and we’ve just gotten a new common as well, further increasing the pool of commons.

2 Likes

That was my thought, the new Wraith looks really neat, but I can’t see myself actually giving up a slot for it (yet)

The question is what level would the common come out as?

Whatever level you have them leveled and traited up to. Would give you incentive to level/trait the commons.

But I guess it presents an issue, what if you summon a troop you don’t own??

Anybody ever tried that?

I assume it would work the same as the Daemonomicron does at the moment? If you don’t own it then I guess it comes in at a base level for it’s rarity assuming you have the magic? or else at a lower level.

2 Likes

Also this would either encourage players to fully level up all of their commons, or it may discourage them from using the weapon at all. Which isn’t really an issue.

Having a “wildcard” weapon in the game would make things really interesting! I’d use it just for the lol’s

Maybe it’s just me, but the stats feel very much overpowered. Explode magic/2 gems is pretty much a board clear for a somewhat advanced player. Put that thing in the first slot and you’ve got a self-sustaining mana engine that will be ready each turn, while also powering up most of your other troops. I do like the summoning effect, it just needs to be combined with something less game breaking.

1 Like

Putting it in first spot would be bad. It would mana starve the rest of your team. At magic/2 you’re going to top out at what, 10 gems? Maybe 11 with all kingdoms at 5 star. Gorgotha is 15 exploding gems for comparison. Also even if it managed to fill itself up each turn, it’s not doing much damage (a few single point skull hits) with no guarantee of a 4+ match keeping the turn, so certainly no lock.

[quote=“Rasper, post:9, topic:8012”]
Putting it in first spot would be bad. It would mana starve the rest of your team. At magic/2 you’re going to top out at what, 10 gems? Maybe 11 with all kingdoms at 5 star. Gorgotha is 15 exploding gems for comparison. [/quote]
You don’t seem to understand how collecting mana works. Putting it in the first spot would be the most obvious thing to do, it collects every mana color, spilling the remains over. Unless you get very unlucky with placement, 3 exploded gems alone will fill it up, the rest (which is a huge amount) goes to the waiting crowd. That’s not “starving your team”, that’s “full mana for everybody”.

This isn’t about doing much damage or chaining turns, this is about enabling the spells of most of your team, guaranteed to be ready every turn. You get to the part about much damage and chained turns once your team is powered up and stays powered up.