Guild Wars is a broken buggy mess

It wasn’t a waste; it wasn’t your fault. Get off your knees and fight for us this week. :wink:

3 Likes

Hoguns deserves to be in bracket 1 and I’ll be doing everything I can to help make that happen.

Tigerclaw ascended into bracket 1. That still leaves Unrepentant you’ll have to fight to be next to ascend into bracket 1. I like our odds. I hope none of us lose any points to bugs.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

Come help us take down DP. The more the merrier

1 Like

We almost had beat you last week even with all the bugs. This week you’ll have a full guild to fight.

Hopefully next week we will.

We are also affected by this bug… Our new recruit doesn’t appear in the Guild Wars…

[quote=“Saltypatra, post:31, topic:23218, full:true”]
Because of the variety of issues and the many different ways in which Guilds were affected, it’s not really feasible for us to make a custom compensation to hundreds of different players/guilds that were affected in many different ways to different severities. [/quote]
I’m not sure that the bugs that affected us or there actual effects are the same for our guild as for others. With the rewards so heavily weighted for bracket #1, guilds who lost a shot at advancing to it are in a special category compared to those who missed moving from bracket #9 to #8. If everybody is receiving the same compensation, I cannot see it being sufficient for the most egregious. With that said, you’re not supposed to shoot the messenger, so I appreciate you passing this information along, regardless of what I think about the news. Thanks @Saltypatra .

It was a super close battle last week, regardless of the other stuff that occurred. And this week we both start fresh, so I’m sure it will be fun and close. I hope both our performances decide this one, and neither of us are affected by bugs. Good luck!

2 Likes

If anyone here is still being affected by the bug where you can’t see all your members your best bet is to contact support so they can manually fix your guild for you. We have been going through a lot today and also sorted out a fair few yesterday.

@Merxian @turintuor

1 Like

Thanks Salty -

Nimhaim fixed it for us through exchanges in another thread just before day 1 of GW.

Thanks for following up.

Sincerely,
MerXian

2 Likes

Edit: Deleted because I mixed up my bug posts. Doh! Sorry. :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. I’ve heard reports that guild member bugs have been fixed, but that screen is still bugged out for last week’s points. Can you see all your members in the Results tab?

1 Like

Yeah, I think I mixed up my bug posts lol. We got hit with just about every bug last week.

It’s all good, I think initially the 0 week points was an indication of members not showing up properly, but I think it was easier to just fix the members, and then 0 points (which I believe is mostly just visual) bug can be fixed when more pressing ones are sorted out.

I added it to the right ticket since it looks like this issue was supposed to be fixed, too.

Night two hadn’t even started and hogans are already beating us somehow. Way to hustle getting points before the war begins. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I guess the bugs are in your favor this week.

[quote=“PGSundling, post:55, topic:23218, full:true”]
Night two hadn’t even started and hogans are already beating us somehow. Way to hustle getting points before the war begins. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I guess the bugs are in your favor this week.[/quote]
Unfortunately they’re not in our favour. It’s the bug where it says you lost a battle that you never fought. But for that player it recorded it as a win for their first battle tomorrow. The problem is that it meant they didn’t get today’s Paragon fight so we lost big points. And it recorded a battle for tomorrow but it considered today’s green team as not yellow so gave less points for tomorrow. And who knows if he’ll be allowed to fight a fifth battle tomorrow. But at least @Saltypatra has assured us that we’ll get equal compensation with those guilds in bracket 150 that are having issues :innocent:

TLDR version: the bugs are still alive and well, and winning or losing this week is once again out of our control. Hope you have better luck, are bug free, and can control your own destiny.

4 Likes

We are investigating the wins counting as losses, and are hoping to put a fix out asap. It seems like it’s commonly happening for you. I also noticed that for this Guild War, your last battle on day 1 was marked as a loss, and it seemed to award the win on day 2 for you instead, which is why your guild already has some points for the next day.

Are you playing across two different devices at once? eg. do you battle on one device, and then enter the guild menu on another device? I am wondering if it could be related to this.

Otherwise, have you been noticing any connection drop outs, or other errors after battle? Any extra info (from anyone else who is experiencing this issue too) would be great.

4 Likes

I do play on Windows, Android and IOS but normally not at the same time. As for network, I have a 120 Mbps connection that is very constant so I don’t think that was the issue. After today’s really strange error I decided tomorrow to shut down all my systems that have GoW on it and see if that helps.

Today’s error really sucked because not only I lost a fight I really won but it gave me a win tomorrow using the wrong color so I got minimal score. Arg…

p.s. I know you’re really busy so I really appreciate your message here.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers. We’re busy - but busy fixing bugs, and this is one of our top priorities at the moment, as we believe most of the issues with guild wars are related to this one.

So you haven’t noticed any errors that the game has reported? Like a lost connection or battle has already ended error?

When the error occurs, has it been a quick win? As in, under a minute or so? Do you notice any differences to when your wins get recorded normally?

Is it possible the game may be open, or running in the background, on the other devices? This shouldn’t be an issue though, but if you enter the guild menu whilst doing a battle on another device it may be (however, it seems this isn’t the case from what you said).

4 Likes

My wife and I get tons of lost connection errors. We both play on PC, and can fix the error by disabling and re-enabling the network connection. But 2 people playing on the same network shouldn’t be an issue right (separate accounts of course)…