Guild Wars defense teams keep reverting

It is now December 5, and I am still having this problem on Android.

1 Like

A fix is in the next update which will hopefully be before Christmas.

1 Like

Problem still exists on Steam version too. Good thing I double triple quadruple checked, because many attempts failed. Took me over 30 minutes just to make them stick.

I’d found a workaround which works for me everytime now…

If you had any problems saving the guild wars defense teams try following…

Go to the guild wars defense screen (Guild button → Battle → Defense). At this screen, FIRST OF ALL click on the top right Register button, after this close the Registration window. Back at the defense screen set your desired defense teams. After you’re finish go back to the main map by clicking the top left < button. Pay attention that a circle with spinning dots appears for a short moment. Now your teams should be saved. To be sure, you should restart the game and check if the teams are saved properly. This works everytime for me.

This problem is still around and getting more frustrating. I have the problem on both mobile and PC. No matter what I do I cannot get the game to save when exiting the guild wars tab…every week I come up with something that works but now I am at my wits end and cannot get my teams to save!

After trying a bunch of things, I changed the team that it defaulted to to my green team, that changed every day to my green team. So I will just change it each day. I use to only have to set my teams twice for them to save, but today it would not save at all.

While this is an issue that I wish was fixed for simplicity sake, I find it hard to believe that people cannot get their defense teams to stick. What I have quote above was what I did the first week this bug was introduced and I have not had a single problem for 8 weeks now.

For those claiming that you have “tried everything”, are you even reading these posts to see what has worked for other people, or are you spamming buttons on your end and then giving up and coming to complain?

Yes, it is inconsistent. Defense teams stick for me on a nearly random basis, no matter what step-by-step directions I take. For the first two weeks, it always stuck, and recently, I can get it to stick around Friday or so, but never Monday. Just because you aren’t affected doesn’t mean everyone else is doing something wrong.