Guild Wars Defence Teams Resetting

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure we will have to do the same thing next week, unless it’s fixed before then. (Problems started this week for me, last week was fine)

Thanks guys. My guildie’s had this on ps4. I think you might have saved him deleting and re installing

We should have a fix for this in the next update, however in the meantime I’ve updated the initial post with a workaround. Please let us know if these steps don’t work for you.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see the workaround I found is working for quite a few people. This does seem to work MOST of the time, but a few people have PM me they still have issues. There are times when the team won’t stick AND there is only 1 banner selected… Here’s the 2 Banners approach.

DEVS, here’s a possible way to Fix the GW Defense Reversion bug.

1. Go into GW Defense tab in GWs menu, then click on Banners.
  2. Scroll all the way left to right and examine all of the Banners. You should see 2 banners Selected.
  3. First click on the banner with the GREEN box. NOTE: This should be the banner for the keep that keeps reverting.
  4. Next, click on the banner with the BLUE background. NOTE: This should be the banner for the team you want to KEEP.
  5. When you are done, back out of the GW menus until you are on the HOME/MAP screen. Note: You should see the game save when you exit the GW menus.
  6. Only do this for a single team at a time!!! If you change more than 1 at a time, the game will revert.

2 Likes

Just consolidating the approach and my original screenshots into the same post.

NOTE: It seems there is a second GW Defense bug that only has a single banner selected. Neither the 2 Banners nor the RENAME TEAM approach work to fix this second issue…

NowayJoe2Go

Thanks for this. I tried the renaming fix but when I restarted the game it had reverted. I checked my banners and I had only a single selected so I clicked around on a few of the banner then I went back and selected the original banner and this seemed to stick, even after I restarted the game. Much appreciated. Hopefully it won’t revert again…

The defense teams of several of my guildmates are resetting this week. It has never been perfect but it is much worse this week with at least 5-6 people having complained about it so far today.
Nothing is working. They have tried your suggestion, they have tried @NowayJoe2Go’ suggestions, they have renamed their teams, they have tried to do it on mobile or on Steam, they have tried whatever they could think of. To no avail. Teams keep resetting.

What are they supposed to do?

Several of my guildmates have also encoutered the problem described by @esslee:

No dev has reacted on that thread so far.
Are you aware of that problem? Is there something planned to fix it?

2 Likes

I posted about this somewhere else, but I only just ran into this problem today. The past weeks were fine for me…

I have to select a team first and then edit them which seems to work but is annoying.

1 Like

Worked fine on iOS previously. Now it doesn’t. For such core functionality, this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think this might just have been a text based thing. I think it might also have related somehow to my pvp def team ( unrelated to my 6 wars def teams) After changing my def team and playing pvp for a while the text went back to the normal 24/12000 thing. I received my 2000 points correctly every day in wars.

Incidentally, I had trouble getting my teams to ‘stick’ last week. This week they stuck perfectly first time. I am on iOS iPad Air 2

If everything else has failed maybe try this ? ( I have not tried this method which was shared by one of my guildies)

2 Likes

I found it worked when I spun around three times, jumped twice, disenchanted a peasant, clipped my heals and said @Sirrian three times…

7 Likes

Thanks. I am going to suggest them to try that.

1 Like

I cannot get any of my teams to stick!!! The banners are correct, but they don’t save. This is a different bug vs last week. What can I do?

@Saltypatra @Nimhain @Ozball

FWIW, I just happened to check my GW defenses this evening after having set them this morning, and they had all reset to my PVP defense. This is the first time I’ve had this issue on iOS.

The only thing that’s different compared to last week is that I edited my PVP defense team (to include raksha troops). Last week I didn’t touch the PVP defense. I’m reusing my same GW defenses (so far), so I haven’t edited those teams yet this week.

I tried the Ozball workaround from the first post, and I think it worked, but I guess I won’t know for sure until tomorrow.

1 Like

@SazanEyes how are you doing it that works? I cannot get my teams to stick. Are you on iOS, PC, Android?

@Ozball I cannot get your method to work either this week!

NowayJoe2Go

@esslee. This method does not work for me on iOS. What platform does this method work for you?

NowayJoe2Go

@Ozball @Nimhain I think I figured out the issue. The fix posted in the first thread ONLY works on PC. Or, at least, it does NOT work for me on iOS. I logged into PC, followed your instructions and it seems to have worked. :smiley:

NowayJoe2Go

On iOS, I had the same defense reset problem , but when I re-named each defense line up, it’s seems keeping on the way it should be.

1 Like

Mine is not keeping @outlander. No matter what i do, it will not stay on iOS.