Guild Wars Defence Teams Resetting

As far as we are all aware, this method is 100% reliable (assuming you follow the directions): GW Defense Teams STILL Resetting (Update?) - #15 by Zippity

Finally, I figure it out that it’s needed to change the name every week. Even using the same name, I re-type again to re-register the weekly defense team.

Amazing that something as simple as saving the proper defense team is so buggy.

Still happening. Was saved for a few week, yesterday all my teams were set. Closed the menu and opened it multiple times, all set. Today all teams are messed up, cant change either.

Please me it so you define PERMANENT defense teams by color. So you need to set it once. Red day will always get the defense team for red. Can change it if needed, but it would have the defaults always the same.

1 Like

it’s even happening to me too. Please, devs, fix the issue.

The only way I can get my defense teams to stay put is to set them, and then back to world map and actually exit the game then reload the game. If I do anything else even 1 battle it reverts the teams back to before I changed them.

Windows 10/steam

I’ve been following the workaround in the first post, and it seems to work (iOS). I usually force close the app when I’m done setting the defense teams, then open it again to verify the teams were saved correctly. When I need to make changes to the troops in the defense teams, I do it in the Troops menu.

1 Like

Hi All, as I’ve mentioned before in another thread (somewhere in the forums :thinking:) this is not something we can fix right now. If we could, we would have. The fix requires an application update because it affects the code of the game (rather than a data change which could be pushed to the server quickly!). This issue is fixed in the next update which is releasing before Christmas. I can’t provide an exact date for this release.

I am keeping the Known Issues section of the Help Center updated for all our major issues. Please follow this article for further status updates.

5 Likes