Guild Wars Defence Teams Resetting

1.mobile
2.Tuesdays GW defence teams were all set to my first defense team on the list of my teams (I never used my fist team on the list as difensive team)
3.Tuesday
4. No
5. No
6. No
7.Both
8. No, and also my pvp team is been replaced by first team
9.Yes and I checked more times that teams were correctly set
10. No

How about a proper tutorial?

@Nimhain @Sirrian @Saltypatra

Let me know if you want to know what causes this bug and how to fix it when you return on Monday. :slight_smile:

I’m “for reals”. Please see my post above and PM me when you are in the office.

NowayJoe2Go

Not sure if I should put this here or on 3.2 bug threads…
One of our members has lost several battles this week because the game had crashed.
Another one has lost several battles because the board was empty of gems.
In both cases they didn’t get the defense bonus of the day, although their defense teams were correct in both cases.
Maybe it is because in both cases the bugs always happened on the first battle of the day?

Did this person not update GoW? On my iPad (which I did not upgrade to 3.2), if I go into a battle against someone using the new Merlantis banner, the gems do not spawn on the board.

2 Likes

I would never have thought about that. He had not updated. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

It’s happened to people before your guildmate:

Edit: @Ashasekayi, does your tablet show the same three things as my screenshot when you come across a Merlantis opponent?

1 Like

Yep, that’s how my screen looks.

This didn’t happen to me last week, so it isn’t strictly a code bug.

1. What platform are you playing on? Playing on iOS
  2. What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? It resets to slot 1, which is also my PVP defense team. Slot 1 is my PVP defense team because of a prior bug reverting all PVP defense teams to slot 1; it was easier to give in and use that slot permanently than to keep fighting the bugged system. I can’t determine whether slot 1 or PVP defense is the determining factor here.
  3. Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? All six teams get reset.
  4. Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner) No changes were made to any aspect of any of the teams.
  5. Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not). See answer to 4 above.
  6. Are you using your Hero on your team? None of the teams use the Hero.
  7. How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? Got to the GW menu from the map screen, via the “Guild” button at the bottom of the UI.
  8. Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams? No, no changes were made to any team.
  9. Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? No, I did not play a match.
  10. Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? No. I upgraded all of my sentinels. The sentinels remained correct, but the defense teams reset.

For additional fun, my attack team (the slot selected when I entered the pre-battle menu) was changed to the last GW defense team I tried to set. So the game clearly remembers somewhere that I have interacted with the team selection menu. Just not, ya know, where I actually wanted to.

Edit: second report. I tried doing a PVP match after setting the six teams again. After a close/restart, the changes appear to have stuck.

I’m experiencing the same thing, and my answers are the same with Grundulum, except I play both on pc windows 10 and iOS.
After I set the teams , I tried to play pvp, treasure maps, dungeon, etc. but every time I restart the game it reset to my pvp defense team, which is of course trolls and kraken

What platform are you playing on? Windows7 / Steam
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? The first team in my team list
Your PVP defence team? No
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? All teams
Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner) No
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? No
Are you using your Hero on your team? Yes, one day only
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map
Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams? No
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? Yes
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? Tried both ways and also tried buying something with glory (which seemed to work last week)

I have a PVP defence team and 6 daily defence teams, all were set and worked ok last week (after some initial problems as per the other thread)
After setting each daily team I close then open the game and they can be ok or they can all be set back to the first team in my list (which was last weeks PVP Def but is not currently being used anywhere)
They have reset 4 times in the last 6 hours (in the time it took to compose this post they have reset)
Bob.

Hi i still have problem with my GW team help please!

What platform are you playing on?
-Android. LG X power 2. Model: LG-M320G
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team?
-Yes my PVP team. It use my actual PVP team but even if i change it after it stick to the team i put on sunday
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting?
-No
Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner)
-No
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).
-No
Are you using your Hero on your team?
-No
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu?
-Via the guild menu
Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams?
-I can’t set a GW defence team its not saving my selection
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?
-No
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team?
-No

What platform are you playing on? PC
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? 1st slot in my teams list
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? Everyday
Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner) No
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not). No
Are you using your Hero on your team? No
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? From the map
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? Yes
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? No

Hey devs, fix your shit. This is still happening 2 weeks later. Also, teams revert to PVP defense at the start of every week. Pretty annoying.

What platform are you playing on? PC
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? PVP
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? Everyday
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not). No
Are you using your Hero on your team? No
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? From the map
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? No
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? Yes, but backed out to main map first. No hourglass.

I know have this problem on iOS as well. I have not played on the PC since wednesday.

Yep. This. I set up my GW defences. I do absolutely nothing to change any of my teams. The following Monday I log in to GW and every single day has reset to my PVP defence.

Play exclusively on Android.

1. Android 7.0
  2. Always the First Team in the Troops & Team Tab Your Team Selection Tab
  3. Everyday
  4. Tried too many different configurations to try and get them to stay.
  5. No
  6. No but tried
  7. Both
  8. No
  9. Yes and no. they always reset when restarting game.
  10. Tried straight after and later on. Both same result
  11. Why is the game closing since 3.15 when I tab out and back(always closes) on my phone. This is a new thing that never ever used happen.
  12. Why does the game now always require me to get 17mb every time I restart the game. Hence the question above. 10 to 30 times a day …………

Also a LOCK button to LOCK the GW TEAMS for every color… Would Solve this i think !

1. PC/Steam
  2. Regular PvP defense team
  3. Every day
  4. No
  5. No
  6. No
  7. Tried both ways, no effect.
  8. No
  9. No
  10. Tried both ways, no effect.

So last week everything was working correctly here. Could set up 6 different teams for each colour and it saved.
Now we are in the 2nd week and all my teams are set to my regular PvP team. Switching to another team is no longer saved, so now I’m screwed for the upcoming GW week.

EDIT: Renaming a Team before selecting it seems to work.

1 Like

Thanx buddy!
This worked for me too!
Here are what I did, step by step.

1. Go to the GW Defense Interface
  2. Pick a target day, and then click “Edit Team”
  3. Browse to the target Team you want. Then “Rename Team” to a different name.
  4. Once you’ve changed the name, you should see a spinning loading icon letting you know the name been saved.
  5. Exit back to GW Defense Interface. Target Day should still be pointing to the original PvP team (the one that people keep getting stuck with).
  6. Click on the Team Banner, and then browse to and choose the target Team (the one you just changed the name of).
  7. Exit back to World map. You should see another spinning icon letting you know the GW defense change been saved.
  8. Repeat 1-7 for each Day.
  9. Restart the app. The change should now stick.

Hopefully this will work for others too. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

I thought i would contribute in some way, since i juste got this problem, and managed to fix it.

What i did:

When you are on the “Guild Wars” “Defense” tab, you need to go on “Edit Teams”, then you just click on “Rename Team”. You delete the last letter from the name of your team, then rewrite it, for example. You Validate.
You do the same thing for all your 6 teams.
Then you leave, using the top left arrow.

I can not say this is a universal fix, but it did fix my problem, after 2 hours of brainstorming and tries.

EDIT: Just noticed people found that out too :slight_smile: I feel dumb, but i can confirm it works…