Guild Wars Defence Teams Resetting

Hey Guys,

We’re hearing that some players are still experiencing their GW defence resetting after they’ve set them up.

We want to ask a some of questions which may help us try and locate where the problem may be happening:

1. What platform are you playing on?
  2. What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team?
  3. Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting?
  4. Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner)
  5. Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).
  6. Are you using your Hero on your team?
  7. How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu?
  8. Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams?
  9. Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?
  10. Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team?

This may seem like a lot of questions but we want to try and cover as many potential possible causes to the issue.

EDIT: We have a fix coming for this in the next update. However in the meantime here is a workaround that should help with saving teams. (Thanks to those who have posted their workarounds as well!)

1. From Guild Wars menu go to the Defense Tab
  2. Set up any teams you wish, but make sure Day 1 has a team you DO NOT WANT there
  3. Press “Edit Team” on Day #1 and you will be taken to the “Troops & Teams” Menu
  4. On the Troops & Teams Menu, change your team to another one that you do NOT want to use
  5. Press the back button to return to the Guild Wars - Defense Tab
  6. Now select the Team on Day #1 to be the team you DO want.
  7. Back out to the works map
10 Likes
  1. Mobile/Android
  2. Yes, PVP defense…which was also reset to last week’s defense.
  3. All teams
  4. No
  5. Not sure…dont think so.
  6. Yes.
  7. Guild menu
  8. No
  9. Has happened multiple times. Did not play PVP at least one time between teams resetting.
  10. Not after each time i have reset teams. May have done it once though

What platform are you playing on? - Windows 7 /Steam

What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? No, it resets to the previous team that was in it’s place

Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? I can reproduce this on any of the days. Yesterday’s steps were on Day 6. Same steps today on Day 5 and Day 4

Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner) No, just select an existing Team to replace the team that was already there in the slot

Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not). Nope - Have it down to exactly 15 picture steps.

Are you using your Hero on your team? Nope not this time but I have yesterday to see if I can isolate the cause

How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? - I have done both from the Guild Wars Menu on the Kingdom and from the Guild Logo in the Guild Menu

Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams? Nope

Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? Nope

Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? No, actually I’ve done were I have sat and waited and then when tribute came it revert. But the fastest way to reproduce it is to close through the QUIT menu.

Also other cases I have done - Gone to Guild added gold to task to force a write to the server - doesn’t make a difference.

@Nimhain Btw, I just again reproduced it with the same steps from yesterday -expanded the pictures taking pictures of every step and able to reproduce it. And I just sent you the step by step pictures in private so not to spam the world here

2 Likes

What platform are you playing on? Windows 10 Steam

What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? 1st team in the list. I set this up as a defense bug team months ago with the issue defense has had before. I did change it today to the following day color team I wanted and it changed all remaining teams to that when it reset again during play. I had changed all again this AM but they reset while I pvped but changed to the new first team I made.

Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? All days except locked day

Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner) Changed all teams a couple times and restarted game 3 times. Checked before reset and teams were still where I wanted them. After reset all changed

Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).No upgrades to troops

Are you using your Hero on your team? No hero use

How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? Both ways

Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams? no

Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?Yes

Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team? Tried both to attempt to avoid the issue

Might be some useful info here, PC/Steam:

• Set my 6 daily defense teams
  • Every time I restarted the program on PC/Steam, all six teams reset to Daily 3 team (4th slot) in my teams
  • Tried all fixes suggested (setting banners, waiting for the spinning wheel, upgrading a sentinel) and none of them worked on PC/Steam
  • Logged onto game on my iPad, set the teams and they stuck after that. (Note the iPad is using the old GUI where you click on the red flag and then set the teams)

Bump @Casper1875, maybe you can get your answers in this thread.

1 Like

First of all, why do you ever release def bonuses with this kind of bugs? Srsly…looks like some chinese company bought 51% of your company share…

1. Pc.
  2. Yes. (this is also my 1st slot team)
  3. If I’m closing client - all teams. If not - only “this day team”
  4. No.
  5. No.
  6. No.
  7. Both
  8. No
  9. No.
  10. 1st day - yes, 2nd day - no. (look at point 3)
  1. PC and Android
  2. Previously set defense team
  3. Everyday
  4. No
  5. No
  6. No
  7. From the map
  8. No
  9. Yes and no (I’ve tried changing them quite a few times)
  10. No

What platform are you playing on?
I had problems on PC/Steam. I managed to set them up fine (no specific things needed) on my iPad which is my normal playing platform. The following only applies to PC/Steam.

What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team?
It was resetting to the PvP defense team of last week on all six days

Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting?
All six days reset back. Note that I never tried to only set one day of defense before restarting the game to check if they stuck.

Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner)
Not through the GW defense screen. I always setup teams through Troops. I did change some names (to keep track of who I was going to put at which color) somewhere between tries three and four.

Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).
No.

Are you using your Hero on your team?
It was on one of the six defense teams to be set, yes. But not on the one it reverted back to.

How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu?
Always straight from the map.

Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams?
I actually tried to set my PVP Defense team before setting up the GW Defense teams at tries four, five and six (I gave up on PC after six).

Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?
From try two on out I did a PvP game straight after setting the defense teams. I even went then back into the tab to verify they stuck (they did), however after explicitly closing the game and starting it again, it had reverted again.

Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team?
No, in the later tries I did at least one PvP match before closing the game down and starting it up again to see if it had stuck.

Tries four to six were trying things like backing out to the world map after setting each single team (but not playing a PvP match nor closing down the game).

Hi!
I did managed to set them after many trial and error, meaning checking many times, closing down the app and restarting etc. I had to set my preferred teams 4-5 times in order to stick. And here are the answers:

1. Steam and ios
  2. Defenses reverted to what i had set up last week
  3. All days
  4. Everything had reset
  5. No
  6. Yes
  7. Both
  8. No
  9. No. One time I set my teams on steam and checked a couple of times that teams were correct. I opened game in mobile (ios) and teams were back to last week’s choices
  10. Not in a consistent manner

What platform are you playing on? X1
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team? Calculating troops wrong
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting? Unknown
Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner). None
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not). No
Are you using your Hero on your team? No
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu? Map
Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams? No
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted? Doesn’t seem to matter
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team. No

My problem is the game randomly changes to 23 unique troops WHILE in the menu and not changing anything!. When I first load the GW day roster it reads 8: 4,000. If i move the controller in the slightest over to any day (making NO changes). It will alter my bonus to 7: 3,500 WITHOUT even clicking on anything.

I have not changed my GW teams in the slightest since I was able to get them to stick.

Yesterday it seemed fine, after everything reset on me to my defend team I was able to save my teams for the full bonus. And it stuck for the entire day.

OK, so I don’t know what is going on with this bug @Nimhain. :-/

I did not have this issue on Monday into Tuesday GW. I did not have this issue Tuesday into Wednesday.

BUT, I cannot get the game to keep my GW Defense team for Wednesday into Thursday. I’ve tried everything. I’ve edited the team from the troop menu vs the GW defense menu. I’ve tried PC, iphone, ipad. I’ve reset my GW defense team and quit the game, reset and played PVP, reset and played GW, reset it and open Chests, reset it and logged into another device, reset and waited 15 minutes, reset and played Maps. You name it, I’ve tried to get the game to Save. It just won’t save.

Gems will not save my Thursday GW defense team.

What is it resetting to every time? It is resetting to the Team I set on Monday evening! :frowning:

Help! Who am I? I’m the Leader of DruidsGlade in GW Bracket 1.

NowayJoe2Go

And after trying more things and waiting 15 minutes, it again reset to my Monday Team, which GW Defense saved for Thursday this week.

OK, this is insane! Gems won’t even save my team within the current session from the time I choose the GW Defense team for Thursday and the amount of time it takes me to exit the GW defense screen and reload the GW defense screen! :frowning:

Edit: OK, this is an interesting issue/question. So, I logged in and it reverted yet again. When I went into the Team Edit menu in the GW Defense Screen, my Thursday GW Defense team was showing a Green Check Mark Next to Multiple Banners. The banners were from the other teams that GW Defense is reverting to (Sunday and Thursday are both reverting to the GW Defense Teams I set on Monday).

Why is GW Defense edit menu showing a Green check mark next to multiple banners???

NowayJoe2Go

1. What platform are you playing on?
    PC

2. What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team?
    Tuesdays team set to my first defense team on the list (a team I never use on defense intentionally), and Wednesdays team changed to a completely different team. After being past the point where I can actually manually change the teams.

3. Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting?
    Three of my teams changed (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), two of which were already locked in.

4. Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner)
    I did not edit the these specific teams at all. I edited other teams from the main troop menu.

5. Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).
    Not while setting the team. I may have leveled or traited a troop in the interim, but only from the troops menu and not the guild wars defense menu.

6. Are you using your Hero on your team?
    Hero is only on one team, on the last day (which was not changed).

7. How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu?
    Usually from the map, sometimes from the Guild menu.

8. Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams?
    No, my defense team has remained unchanged this week.

9. Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?
    Yes. I had everything set correctly, everything persisted correctly through a restart, and everything stayed the same after a few PvP battles, so I thought everything would be fine. I actually didn’t notice my teams had been physically changed until I played my Guild Wars battles.

10. Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team?
    No, but I did to a restart shortly after (after exiting to the map) to check and see if the server correctly saved them. The teams stayed as what I had set them as.

I should also note that my defense teams for the first two days have now again changed to what I originally set them as. The teams I changed on the later days to compensate for the earlier days teams being forcibly changed I then had to manually change back to what I had. I have since done a PvP battle, entered the guild wars menu through both the map and the guild menu, and closed and reopened the game, and none of my teams have reverted again (yet).

I should also also note that earlier on Tuesday, the displayed bonus points for setting unique troops was showing 21 unique troops for the week, and 7 unique troops so far, despite using 24 different troops currently shown, and they continued displaying this no matter what teams I changed to. In checking later this same day without a restart, I was again correctly showing the correct bonus points for 24 unique troops.

1. Mobile/iOS
  2. I don’t have a GW team set up. All of my teams keep resetting. PvP defense and all my troop lists keep resetting to the same setup from several days ago.
  3. Resets every time I restart the game.
  4. I keep trying to change my teams and everything about them from the troops to the banners but none of it saves.
  5. I have upgraded levels and traits of troops while editing/setting. The upgrades save but not the troop or banner setups.
  6. No hero
  7. From the map, not isolated to guild war teams.
  8. I have done pvp defense first and last. No change.
  9. I have played with the defense (testing) and quested with teams and they still reset.
  10. Sometimes but not every time.

OK, @Nimhain, my GW Defense teams reset again! Look at this screenshot. The team that reset has 2 banners set somehow. Of course, I only set 1, but the team reverted to the team I set on Monday and now the Desired Team shows 2 banners. Strange.

3 Likes

The team is looking into the issue but I don’t have an more information about it at the moment.

I’m making sure they have links to this thread and any other information we are receiving from players via support requests.

5 Likes

@Nimhain

I’ve figured out what is causing the GW Defense Bug and How to Fix it!

PM @NowayJoe2Go and I will walk you through it! :wink:

Here are screenshots showing the issue. Let’s talk.

NowayJoe2Go, Leader of DrudsGlade and DruidsVale

Thought I’d also mention that whichever team I set last as my GW defense team (no matter which day its on) is then also automatically made my attacking team, I’ve entered a few PVP and explore matches with the wrong team because I havn’t noticed the game has changed my team.

1 Like

What platform are you playing on?
PC
What team is you GW defence team resetting to? Your PVP defence team?
PVP defence team
Is it everyday’s team resetting or only certain day’s teams resetting?
happened only today
Did you make an changes to the team(s) that reset? (eg. Changed troops, or banner)
no
Did you upgrade any troops while setting the team? (eg. traiting, level, ascending any troop whether it’s on the team or not).
no
Are you using your Hero on your team?
no
How did you get into the Guild Wars menu? Straight from the map? or via the Guild Menu?
from the map
Did you change your PVP defence team after setting up your GW defence teams?
not sure if it was before or after but I did change my PVP defence team
Did you play PVP between setting up your GW defence team and noticing they had reverted?
no
Did you close the game straight after setting up your GW defence team?
after returning to the map