Guild Wars Change Suggestions

If not necessarily a “Complete All” button, Maybe a complete This Sentinel button so that we only have to do 4 buttons instead of 20. If people want to do less than level 5 in all, they can do the individual button for each sentinel, but I would love an instant push to level 5 button.

1 Like

Definitely agree with rewarding defense creativity. Also agree with no duplicate troops on Defense.

Should be a better bonus for using 4 unique troops on Offense too. Cut down on some of the 4x Krystenax 2X Kraken etc.

Color bonus on Defense might be fun also

3 Likes

Your defense should award points as well, and have to follow the colors for maximum points.

6 Likes

What really annoys me is that our guild very often wins the day battle on points but not until later in the week when all players have had the chance to contribute. Meanwhile we are shown as losing a day, even when we have the most points. How about if day bonuses are calculated at the end of the week after everyone has a chance to compete?

2 Likes

Remove the weekly buff from a troop used in GW.
Only normal Sentinels buffs.

19 Likes

The day does not matter in the grand scheme, it just provides a xp bonus and bonus seals.

No I disagree, being able to use weekly buffs in the GW event means that it makes the game more intertesting because we have to tune the teams each week, and therefore we get to experience more variety.

6 Likes

It does matter. It doesn’t affect the result of a battle, but it does affect the rewards and hence the reason for being in GW.

I do not like a lot of these.

1. No. count all 30 members, if you don’t have 30 members in GW, make GW part of requirements.

2. that would be crazy. You would need 24 different troops for GW Defense. Maybe limit a troop to 3 appearances a week.

3. I find that Sentinels are actually not too expensive except attack. 600 glory and 85 gems is indeed a Lot, but mostly the 600 glory, as you CanNot buy glory in any way.

4. I Like the RNG bad luck that stops you from getting to the top fight and lots of points. I curse it when I Lose to several 5+ cascades from the sky, but that is what summoners are for.

5. Now THAT… is an Interesting Idea. A Boss Troop, with Boss Stats and Power, might make things Way More Interesting.

6. I have heard a LOT about the problems from Weekly events. Please, PLEASE make it so that Any troop used in GW does NOT get the weekly bonuses, whatever they may be. So many times I have run into Double Bonus critters, or a whole team of Single/Double boosted critters has driven me crazy. Especially when they are a powerful troop to begin with. Find a way to do this? Please?!??

7. I disagree. I like that Monday is the Rest/Setup day. That should stay.

Good luck on Improving GW Devs! I hope ALL our comments help.

3 Likes

Build a reward system for defense teams that use the color of the day. Perhaps giving traitstones based on the number of troops left alive if you win?

2 Likes

I don’t like this. I am in a guild where Multiple Times our members have done fights a day late and a dollar short. I have been UPSET with them repeatedly, BUT, I think that if you complete the fights AFTER the day of the GW, then the winner is true. The Winner is the team that Participated On The Day. How would seal/xp bonus work if we could retroactively win GW?

2 Likes

I meant no duplicate troops as in no Psion/Famine X3

1 Like

I mean no duplicate troops period for the week. Make some new teams, make it interesting again.

2 Likes

The only thing about that is that the player wouldn’t really notice it since we only fight one guild a day.

Daily participation is too stressful.
Just get rid of the daily element in GW and I think GW wouldn’t be that big of a controversial ruckus.

10 Likes

Problem: Fighting Psion Famine Ragnagord Death 3 or more times daily.
Solution: Devs pick the defense teams!

7 Likes

Everyone realizes the reason for monocolor was for the developers to force people to trait the forgotten troops in order to win. It was genius and probably caused people to spend money on arcane packs and such. They are there
To make money, and I don’t blame them.

4 Likes

Yeah my turn:

1. All the 30 battles available at the first day: actually, players cannot miss sunday else he will loose one day of battle. Yeah I know it will not be a daily war etc. but I think it’s more convient.
  2. No Event bonus in GW because it is already enough difficult to do a mono-color team versus a META defense one.
  3. the sentinel bonus boost according to the GW rank is not well-designed: Soldiers have a penality compared to Paragon or others ranks. And who are they? The ones who did a bad result the previous week. So they start a new week with less stats so on, more difficult battles. In short, they get stuck in the bottom of the ranks. One solution is to inverse the bonus so Paragon get no bonus and soldiers full bonus (only in invade keep it is for defense), but it seems super confusing. Other solution: same bonus for everyone.
  4. Rework of the 4-color bonus: Bonus for 4 troops with a similar color need a buff
7 Likes

As long as you ask players to come up with the defense, you’ll end up with everyone playing the same defense in the end. No matter what rules you put into play, people will always try to min/max and work towards optimal defense/offense.

I believe that GW would be much more fun if it involves fighting a static defense (over 1 week/1 month) set up by devs and you rate guilds based on how well they performed. My initial idea was to have the troop very very strong (over 10k hp for example, could be 100k) but it does not heal between fights of people in the guilds.
You can then go crazy with variations: corrupting troop taking troops from players into his/her side, reflecting spell damage, etc…

+1 to the no daily participation. Give us a timeframe to do the matches but don’t force us to play on particular days.

4 Likes
  1. Remove the re-summon loophole in the scoring. Defense gets a kill, invaders lose points, period.

2. Make it so losing one of your first 4 fights doesn’t prevent you from fighting the paragon. Perhaps make a punishment by locking the team/troops that lost so that you can go on, just with a different team.

3. Make the set defense a completely separate slot. Like when you go to the schedule and click set defense, it pulls up the editor and you make your team there and it is saved there instead of on your personal team slots.

4. I liked the suggestion to remove the combo breakers. Maybe gradually lower their effects during the course of the war. So for soldier fight it’s normal, but for paragon fight it is completely off.

5. Bi-weekly or monthly schedule is fine, but if you do that then all 30 members scores count. No getting by, not helping and collecting rewards.

6. New dual color troops as rewards. and maybe put the current ones in guild chests.

7. I don’t agree that rest day should be on Sunday. Rest day needs to be at the start of the wars so that defenses can be set, and the wars won’t get in the way of getting to tier 1 on Monday.

8. the previously mentioned GW specific defense logs.

9. Keep the event bonuses. These are the only thing preventing defenses from becoming completely locked into a permanent meta. They shake things up just enough.

10. I love you guys, but I don’t trust you to pick my defense. :wink:

11. Make the rewards for winning the daily wars more rewarding. The small xp boost and handful of seals isn’t enough in my opinion to get people excited to log in and play their 5 fights everyday.

I’m sure i’ll think of more. but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

8 Likes