Guild question

Arizona, myself. But I know we have people all over. 50% or so American, then my guess would be 15% Canadian, 15% British, 15% Italian, and the rest scattered European, South American, or other corners of the world (DSG, the recruiter who made our banner is from New Zealand, for example!)

Thanks for the info. So if I get an invite is it pretty self explanatory what I need to do? I think I am going to just work on increasing my gold and traiting up some troops until I hook up with another guild. Got all my kingdoms to a minimum of level 11. I got laid off on 4/12 thanks to Covid 19 so I have some extra time on my hands right now. Puttin’ a turkey breast on the Big Green Egg here in a few minutes. Thanks again for all your help.

Yeah, invites in your mail you just have to accept. Has any arrived? U2 told me she’s full at the moment, but still tracking down U3/4. It sounds like you’re progressing correctly, so I’d really like to get you in a guild where there are 25+ others all helping you to get more resources to spend.

Sorry to about Covid’s effects on you. I can’t go teach, either, because all the schools are (thankfully, since it’s the right thing to do) closed, and since I have an underlaying health condition I won’t really be able to feel safe or normal again out in the world until we have an established herd immunity, hopefully by vaccine.

EDIT: @guzzler96 U3 has a spot for you, and should be sending an invite shortly :+1:

So how does the resources work when you are in a large guild? Do the members share them somehow? I just looked over on something I saw yesterday. So is U3 500K a week? How hard is it to make that?

Hmm. How easy it is to make 500k gold sort of depends on your playstyle and level of progression in the game.

If you’re over level 1000, have Dragon Armor equipped, have all your kingdoms to level 10, and do activities daily (Adventure Board, Dungeons, etc…), then 500k gold should basically happen automatically. Heck, just buying the glory troop to mythic in the shop each week usually nets around half that; in U3 the gold requirement is meant to be pretty easy for endgamers and accessible to midgamers, to allow people breathing room if/when they need it.

The gold that is donated to guild tasks is pooled, though, and exchanged for resources, yes. So, for example, the blue statue task is where players exchange gold for gems. It costs the guild about 2-and-a-half million or so gold coins to “complete” the task for the week, and when all is said and done over 300 gems have been bought for each player.

So—in U3–when 5 people meet their gold requirement, that statue gets finished and everyone in the guild gets gems as a result: 30*300=9000 gems. It’s a great value and the best way to progress in the game, because you basically benefit from the cooperation and joined efforts of all your teammates.

Statues give out basically every resource in the game. U1 completes all of them weekly and so is awash in deeds, souls, tokens, traitstones, etc… U2/3 complete most of them weekly (tons of people exceed the minimum, so many U2/3 people can and do play in U1 from time to time with no problem). U4 always makes sure to get the blue statue done, but since the gold req is so low at 100k they don’t get quite as much as the other guilds do from tasks.

Of note, also! All of your resources are still individual. They are yours. No one else can spend your hard-earned gold, glory, gems, or souls. The only things that are pooled are those things that you donate. In case you were wondering/worried.

I think that might answer the gamut? Let me know if there’s more I can explain—I’m excited to help you get more stuff than you ever thought possible to have in this game! :grin:

Maximominus should be sending you an invite as soon as her workday is over in a couple hours. As long as you’re still guildless when she searches for your invite code, the invite should show up in your in-game mail.

I am still guildless and I think I will give it a try in U3. Your explanation was the best. I made 123K since 7:15 PM last night and haven’t played yet today, but part of that comes from the 40K per day I bought in resources. If I go back to work, don’t know if they will call me back and struggle to make the 500K could I pick up a spot in U4 if one was available? One other thought. Am I able to participate in the upcoming Guilds Wars or am I too late?

1 Like

BTW I have the Deathknight armor.

I got the invite and joined up. How do I know what tasks to contribute to first? I kicked in 320K on epic blue, but what should be next. Sorry to be so much trouble.

Your new guild can probably help you with questions in Discord/in-game guild chat I think :smile:

Whichever they prefer for guild communications.

1 Like

Graeme is right, @guzzler96! Discord is much easier for me to help on (and I respond faster because I don’t check the forum nearly as frequently as I hold my phone!). It’s an app that’s easy to use on a mobile phone or laptop :grin:

To answer your questions:

1. For sure you could move to U4. We move people around all the time based on where people want to play and/or what they can handle—this is the main reason we have a network of guilds in the first place, to accommodate as many players as possible!

2. You are definitely going to get to see what Guild Wars is like, since you’re in U3 now (anyone that is in a guild before Tuesday gets to participate). U3 last I checked is in Bracket 5, and it is no joke in terms of competition even if it’s not the very-hardest. But we’ll help you through it, and all U3 asks is that you do your best and fight every fight. For the Horde

3. Not a question, but awesome that you have Deathknight Armor! That’s better than what I suggested (I never assume/require/suggest people spend money on the game, as I feel it would be overreach on my part to do so)

4. The tasks to contribute to are highlighted in a sort of shimmery-light pattern. For Guild Wars, it will be important to complete all the basic tasks, so definitely put gold there if any aren’t done yet. Don’t worry about donating more this weekend—save up for Wars. Your minimum is waived if you join mid-week, in my guild(s).

5. Also not a question, but wanted to let you know you’re no trouble and I’m happy to help — best part of the game for me at this point is helping others to enjoy it more :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll login to the discord after dinner. Is there a help section or something to show you what to do? I don’t want to get on there and look like a fool.

2 Likes

We do have helpers, yep, and a channel for useful information :blush:

See you there soon!

1 Like