Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

@Taliesin answered so I thought it was enough…

We will stop putting easy defense. Note that I have no control on the defense of my guildmates.

But as said, I will not put a META defense as I didn’t do it for some other days of the week.

I am going to quote myself again:

Using the topic of collusion to focus the attention of the community on us was a clever move. Posting screenshots like this one that show that, if a guild has fishy figures, it is not ours, is less clever.

On a side note, we have not been opposed to MG during week 17. So much for “insane numbers”.

6 Likes

OMG all you people. Way too serious. This party sucks. Endless complaints and bickering. Just chill already and play the game and stop treating it like life & death. You see this image? It’s 1.5 pints of ale downed at Melbourne airport. It represents chillax after a long week of work on my way home. This is Gems.

5 Likes

It’s good to see that people care so deeply about this game that they feel the need to state the exact same arguments so many times that we’re now almost at 600 posts in 4 days.

That said, the contiinued use of the word “cheating” is getting tiresome. The devs (@saltypatra to be exact) have already said that the alliance was NOT against the rules of GW, so essentially there was no cheating involved. Consequently, no matter what anyone says punishment would be idiotic. If people can be punished if they don’t break any rules all semblance of reason is surely lost.

I understand why the community is upset about this situation. The problem here is that you’re not seeing the facts all that well. The devs have been aware of the alliance between Marthos Guardians and Anonymous since the first week of GW and clearly stated that it was NOT against the rules. You may not like the fact that the devs said that, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Now, obviously pushed by the community sentiments expressed in this topic the rules have been altered and setting easy defenses for allied guilds is no longer allowed.

As I am a member of Marthos Guardians, I knew about this from the start. I, personally, have no problems with what has transpired (after all the people who make the rules have clearly said it was NOT against any rules). I have, in the 6-8 weeks or so that Marthos Guardians has faced Anonymous in GW, always set an easy defense against Anonymous.

Does that make me a cheater? IMHO the answer to that is a clear, resounding NO. I did not break any rules that the devs have set for this game.

Do you think I am a cheater because of that? Maybe you do or maybe you don’t. I quite honestly do not care. The only opinion that matters here is the one of the devs, and they have clearly stated that what we did was NOT against the rules.

Now, after this topic was started the rules have changed, so obviously I will not be setting an easy defense against Anonymous again. I fully expect all my guildmates and the players in Anonymous to do the same.

I do have one remaining question for the devs here: Am I obligated to use a meta defense for GW from now on (Wisp-Wisp-Krystenax-Mab , Wisp-WIsp-Kraken-Mab or Forest Troll-Kraken-Kraken-Mab) or a I still free to choose my own defense as long as it is not “weak” or “easy”? To avoid further drama it may be a good idea to define what is not allowed as a defense before we move forward! (pinging @Sirrian, @Nimhain, @Saltypatra and @Ozball here).
More towards my personal case: Can I use my current PVP defense (Jarl Firemantle - Fire Giant - Jotnar Stormshield - Rocktroll) in GW if I want to?

7 Likes

Turintuor asked if it’s legal for someone to pull data from server so they can know every guild’s win percentage etc (and he considered it as illegal). So I asked him if what person in my screen shot been been doing is illegal? Apparently he can’t even answer that. Oh yeah because that person who’s been pulling data from server is also member of one guild in question. It was not related with whether you and his guild fighting or not that week. Just simply asked him question about pulling data from server as he asked it himself.

3 Likes

I am floored that you need to ask that question. Have you gotten nothing from this whole entire huge thread? The answer should be clear. You are not obligated to use those Wisp or Kraken teams. You are obligated to play fairly and not play lesser defense teams in collusion with Anonymous or any other guild for that matter. It’s that simple. You are to play evenly, without collusion. Why do you feel the need to ask them about specific teams when you should have figured that answer out by now

2 Likes

Personally speaking as a guild leader in a bracket 1 guild on the PS4, if I had a sister guild in the same bracket I’d go all out to beat them. Putting up soft defences for each other isn’t in the spirit of any game I play. Play to beat isn’t the same as play to win.
I’m pretty surprised by the amount of posts thinking it’s OK. I think it’s downright dirty, but the only person who cares what I think is me.
This needs locking, it’s served it’s purpose.

15 Likes

I already replied:

Surely legal wasn’t the good word.

You get a screenshot from our Discord server and you post it freely on this forum without this person permission… is it really tolerated to do that @Saltypatra?

Naming a feature of the game has nothing to do with real life situations. Nothing tells you this has to be the same. It’s not the name that encourages such a behavior. It’s mechanics and opportunities.

For everybody else:
I do not feel like repeating myself further.
I believe I have said everything I needed to, and everything I wanted to. At the end of the day - anything from me would be something more that you can choose not to believe, and as a result, be pointless.

And now, there has been something that you all have written in white. Our alliance - was not against the spirit of the game.

With that - I’d like to ask you to direct your questions or opinions towards the two guilds in a manner that hasn’t been mentioned and answered before - as repeating in circles doesn’t help any of us.
I am aware that not doing something that other guilds did does feel frustrating. But neither did it affect the leaderboards into such an oblivion you believe, neither was it against the rules.
Of course - saying that all guilds were affected by bugs is correct. But saying that all guilds were deprived of the same amount of points because of that is blind. Those bugs did shuffle the leaderboards up to some extent. Did we get some extra points? Yes, some were gained for sure. Did somebody else get more points because of lucky avoidance of the bugs? I am certainly sure there were. Is finding a way how to avoid bugs cheating, too? Because that gives an “unfair” advantage to that guild, as every other guild suffers from those bugs. That one guild would get more points by “unjust” ways.

Saying it did give as many points only proves you haven’t checked as I asked you to. And if you refuse to do that - and choose to go against my words - which you won’t believe - and thus, there’s nothing to move forward from.

I have no dog in this fight, which makes the topic more amusing. But, hypothetically if say a guild were to partially sit out a week to drop brackets, is that a form of unpartnered collusion?!?

1 Like

You said it yourself that you considered it as illegal.
I’m on phone atm so quoting is pain in the neck. Just go scroll up and read in case you forgot your own words.

Screenshot in the OP is also from your discord server isn’t it? Why didn’t you asked that question earlier when this thread just started?

The good news is it’s considered as collusion so the guild will drop brackets for cheating.

And what if Guild A hates Guild B so decides to put an horrible defense team versus Guild B but easy to all other guilds?
And what if Guild A hates Guild B so decides to put very easy defense to make believe that A&B are colluding so B is going to get punished?

1 Like

Yeah I said it and maybe it was too “strong” for this topic, that’s why I changed slightly my mind.

How do you know that? Oh yes, it’s your guild that gave this screenshot to others.

I should have.

Now there is even more evil option.

What if a guild sets normal defenses against everyone and very easy against their enemies to get them demoted a bracket? Now that sounds awesome, don’it ?
Screenshots from whichever platform they could be on - create accounts with whoever’s names on it and PMs they want …

Long live the means of technology!

1 Like

are you kidding me? you just contradicted your own words.
wisp/kraken = hard team → in no way it is a “lesser defense”

1 Like

You haven’t played my current GW Defense team, have you! :wink:

Absolutely no specifications … Also, a call out. You are already violating the conduct of behavior (community guidelines).

1 Like

doesnt matter i played it or not

if you consider troops like wisp or craken easy enough to be tossed into the peasant basket then easily 90% of gow playerbse should be banned for “colluding” using your criteria

your reply was just wrong, confusing at minimum, missinformation at most
and unhelpful

the player in question asked a cear clarification from devs, which i think is fair request considering their situation

3 Likes

It may be hard for you to believe, but I don’t think many of us here care about doing that to anyone. People mainly just want to play the game. Not collude and conive. That seems to be your thing. Just go play the game, and try to behave yourselves. Some of us are tired of wasting time on your absurd reasoning and excuses. Without collusion, you won’t be in Bracket One, so I won’t have to deal with your Guild again. I have nothing more to say on this. Blondie out.

3 Likes