Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

The simple answer is to stop people from realizing who has to fight you in the next couple of days, and not who you are about to fight in the next couple seconds. Masking guild names and locking in defense teams makes so much sense, punishing collusion is weak because the loophole was always there and not even hidden. Most of the fault falls on the lack of urgency to solve an ongoing issue. The line to draw between what are weak teams and what aren’t is too grey, this time it was easy because it was 4 peasants but when someone puts a non-meta team out (ex. King mikhail, artema, king highforge, hellcat), is that punishable? Also, a lot of forensics would have to be spent punishing those inside the guild who do it, disbanding a guild makes 0 sense as you could implode a guild if a bunch of people are violently discontent with the leader, etc. Guild value is a very long-term thing, if disbanding by the devs occurs then a lot of guild loyalty across the community would be lost knowing just how fragile the thing they built for (lets say a year for example purposes) can be gone by factors unknown to them.

1 Like

You would have to hide that as well and reveal only after the week has ended. There will be still work to do but it will be a lot less than implementing scoring for defensive wins.

There is nothing wrong with being able to see who you fight in guild wars when you are the attacker, there’s nothing you can do about it.

If we were able to see everyones’ Guild Wars defensive wins and losses, like we can already see in PVP, someone purposely losing would be apparent in the numbers

1 Like

Well if you know who you attack you know they also attack you then can put a weak defense if it’s a sister guild

If they forced players to lock in on Monday as they implement the no duplicate defense troop bonus, the players would have no power to change it anyway. This is a side effect of a larger problem at hand.

2 Likes

I’ve only had time to read part of this ever growing thread so forgive me if this has already been suggested:

The easy fix for this is to make GW battles zero sum. Each battle is worth a maximum of X points. When you score Y, the guild you are fighting scores X-Y. You can keep the scores shown to players as is, and only add the defensive points as a group if you want to protect people from seeing negative scores.

3 Likes

If they do that i want to know who i am fighting cause i will put my best defense team against my biggest rival, so hidding names is not a good solution

If they hid the names then how would you know what guilds you are going to be fighting in the next couple days?

This will prevent cheating of course, but what about the guild who want to be strategic and use their best defense team against their biggest rival so they get less points and maybe give you a better chance to place first?

If you get many guilds to agree to putting the best team up against a certain guild, is that not a means of collusion or at least unfair competititon? Much harder to do, but still possible with communication being so fluid and everything being off game servers. Ex. Guild A will give Guild C and D their 5th and 6th guild war teams if C and D field their strongest team against guild B.

Yeah i understand but what im trying to say is it’s nice to try to prevent cheating but not a the cost of penalizing the guilds who play legitimely

Why wouldn’t you always use your best defense team?? It isn’t as if troop selection is limited in any way.

2 Likes

We are assuming the scenario where the devs have implemented a update where the guilds get a bonus for not using the same troop twice on defence in the same week, something they have said they want to do in the future a while back. In this case, there would be penalization (through points) for coping and pasting the same squad all 6 days.

1 Like

cause in the future sirrian mentionned there will be more points allowed if you use different team each day and don’t use same troops every day

1 Like

I get where you are coming from, but my opinion anyway is this is a ok price to pay for not having to deal with anything like this ever again. Then they can get back to dealing with people cheating in other ways, like using trainers, if those are usable in GW then there is a whole new beast in town.

@Ashasekayi this is what i am refering

1 Like

Ok, I see now. I didn’t know they talked about that change. I wonder if that is still in the plans.

1 Like

This and 27 best player result was on the table but it look like it wont be before 3.2.5

Cause 3.2 is more about UI and bug fix

Well, after reading that quote, Sirrian stated that if they do that plan it would require that defenses are locked in on day one anyway.