Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

How can you say they are a good Guild? Their collusion was clearly cheating, as they got points that were unreasonably high which kept my guild from climbing up in the ranks? How can you think that was not cheating, when instead of setting their defense to be the best possible defense, they gave another guild easy wins so they could get the same from them? How could you think that was not cheating when they played a guild who purposely set easy defense teams so they could score high?

2 Likes

The defense incitive was suppose to be in 3.1.5 and we know it won’t be in 3.2 so it look like it’s going to take 5-6 months before we see it. Enough time to do lot of damages

3 Likes

So would transparency.

2 Likes

Pardon, which part of my statements in this thread saying that they’re not cheating and I support their behavior?

This would have to involve awarding GW points for defense teams that win. If the points awarded are substantial enough, it would neutralize the GW point benefit of collusion. To prevent the paragon/champion levels from having an unfair advantage since they have more GW defense battles, the defense win points could perhaps be added to a guild pool and not attributed to any one player when determining GW ranking within the guild.

@Saltypatra I understand any long-term solutions from conception, design and implementation will take a while. But in the short term, is it not possible to tweak the scheduling so that ally/sister guilds don’t face each other if they are in the same bracket? There are 10 teams in the bracket, we only play 6 opponents, can’t the schedule be amended so that those 6 teams don’t include said ally? That would go a long way, in the short term, to prevent further colluding without “punishing anyone” but re-establishing an even playing field.

1 Like

For this to work, given the very high win:loss ratio, then a defence win would need to be worth a significant value.

It would also open up a loop-hole where a colluding guild takes a collective dive against their ‘ally’ to allow that ally to win the bracket.

Perhaps you could mask the guild name until reset, and avoid a predictable schedule.

1 Like

I think you may have misinterpreted @ZooKeeper’s position. His screen shot was meant to indicate that sharing teams and strategizing is not cheating. He is as much against collusion as most of the rest of us seem to be. Not that he needs me to speak for him; I just don’t want you to have the wrong idea.

3 Likes

It will work until they do the first fight and see the player name and they will know against wich guild there are playing

There should be a sweet spot which balances the outcomes.

A really simple fix would be to mask both guild and player names. Unless you are colluding, player level is probably the only relevant thing you need to know about your opponent.

Here is your original post

There is so many way to know who you are fighting, if you check the leaderboard you will see how many points they got and know who you are fighting

That’s limited to the top 100. Plus the values are constantly changing so it would be hard to use that to tag a player.

You called them a good Guild. I call them cheaters.

I mean the bracket page where you see all the scores, if they hide guild and player name, you still can figure who you are fighting with these scores

They’re capable of winning GWs without having to collude so I was wondering why would they do that and put their guild reputation on the risk.

1 Like

Maybe they aren’t as good as you think. The top Guilds have a large number of trophies. That means they have played longer. That doesn’t mean they are better.

1 Like

@ZooKeeper Devs reduced gems everywhere so the answer is simple they don’t want to loose their 1500 gems per week

3 Likes

And if they didn’t cheat, it would be a heck of a lot more fun for the rest of us.