Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

Here is the thread in question, for context. (For those just joining us, @Ozball was a forum member/player at the time and not affiliated with IP2.)

4 Likes

The dissent was in the vast minority in that thread and the poll. Iā€™ve never seen so many people agree on anything on the forum other than hating the gem nerf. Either way, the point isnā€™t about dissent or agreement.

GW is supposed to be a head to head battle between guilds. It should have been a bit of fun, honest competition. It takes all the fun and excitement out of the fight when you know backdoor deals are being allowed to happen. If the devs wanted to add an alliance mechanic that was actually supported and encouraged by the game mode, that would have been fine. Instead, they made an ambiguous statementā€¦ ā€œnot in the spirit of the gameā€.

3 Likes

I believe the other issue that was raised previously is that thereā€™s some strategy involved in selecting which team you allocate to which day, particularly when Defense Bonuses are introduced. Presumably, when youā€™ve got 6 totally different teams to choose, youā€™ll want to assign your best teams to the strongest guilds. I think losing that to fears of collusion is a really major blow.

But clearly people are pissed enough about possible collusion that the best result is to just force everyone to blindly lock in their team at the start of the week. Thereā€™s no other way to stop the collusion as far as I can see. Pity we canā€™t have nice things.

I agree and the ones to blame are not getting any reprimanding at allā€¦ Unless they continue this abominable behavior in which caseā€¦ Weā€™ll see i guess

2 Likes

The only reason there hasnā€™t been any official thread is that I had already left work. Around classes today I will make one in official news.

6 Likes

How many guilds frequent the forum? How many will even know anything has changed?

1 Like

TouchĆØ! Lol they will know when they will
Drop bracket :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the devs should have stopped this discussion on day one by saying what all devs have said in every pvp game Iā€™ve ever played. ā€œWe do not involve ourselves with In-game politics.ā€
An alliance isnā€™t collusion
There have been alliances in every pvp game Iā€™ve played since NWN on AOL
An alliance is one of the few things in this game that is fair because every guild can do it

This game is built on an unfair system
F2p vs p2p
You fight people with unlimited resources that can buy every troop or get a weapon before anyone else f2p can

Looking for integrity in a game where money can beat skill is foolish

If the devs deem alliances to be against some aspect of the game they intended then they need to make a fix in the game to rectify it
Telling people what teams they can and canā€™t play in game should be well beyond what ā€œdevsā€ should worry about

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t disagree more

5 Likes

I agree with @vangor in that @Beefbaloney couldnā€™t be more wrong.

4 Likes

I agree with Clark and Vangor. Easiest pick.

1 Like

Troll else where. I donā€™t appreciate waking up to a troll response. Grow up and take that nonsense elsewhere.

2 Likes

How is that a troll post? Chill

1 Like

Iā€™m just being honest. I never read or cared about this post till today when I read that I was going to be told what teams I could play or not in a game I play for fun. Iā€™m surprised by the outrage of this topic

Out of curiosity @Beefbaloney what guild are you in?

MG but I am not speaking for anyone but myself

When I was a GL I always assumed every guild was allied anyway and they just didnā€™t ask us lol

Mmmm-hmmmmā€¦ Dont you think that may bias your opinion?

1 Like

Not at all Iā€™ve always been for allies in pvp games. Game politics make things interesting

So you are telling me that if someone organised a large enough alliance to make sure the two guilds in question here dropped a bracket of two a week that would be ok with you?

@The_Unforgiven you guys better watch out we are watching you closely :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes