Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

Agree 100%

The discussion is not healthy and civil. It’s decidedly unhealthy. The devs have done everything they possibly can reasonably be expected to do. The matter is closed. There’s nothing more to discuss. It’s now just a witch hunt that only blood can sate. Frankly, the thread should be locked. Absolutely nothing more productive can come from it.

5 Likes

+1 to this sentiment.

Yes it should have been addressed more seriously months ago but it wasn’t and no one can turn the clock back to do so. The constant griping about what should have been done back then is pointless. It’s done now. The devs have drawn the line in the sand like they were asked to do. They’re planning on changes to prevent/hinder/dissuade future collusion.

Let the devs get back to fixing things.

6 Likes

You are wrong and can’t decide it just because you disagree, this the very totalitarian conduct you mentioned before in form of censure.

Again wrong, there is another measure of justice that wasn’t properly discussed: Reparations.
The actions or inaction of the devs, unwillingly, caused some loss to some guilds.
It wouldn’t be an easy job, but an investigation to determine wich guilds were colluding in the past should be conducted in order to make reparations to other guilds harmed during these events.

3 Likes

The thing that kills me is that at the end of the day the devs didn’t come down hard out of the gates b/c they trusted the players and didn’t want to “over police”. They actually had good intentions. And they were betrayed.

We can argue that they were naive to ever believe players wouldn’t collude but, again, it’s a moot point. Players have proven themselves untrustworthy so the devs have ruled on the matter and will address it moving forward. It has been resolved.

2 Likes

Solution is quite simple. As everybody agreed this was not set in stone that is illegal but everybody know this is no right. Therefore a harsh punichment is probably not right either but a quick solution for this is:

• Since there is obviulsly collution for both teams simple remove that day score for both guilds. Yes 0 points for the day.
  • Give the culprit teams a warning for this behaviur, a second warning may give them a ban of GW for a couple of weeks and demotion and so on.

This way you don’t let this go inadvertently and send the right message to the community

my 0.002

1 Like

no wonder politicians always have scapegoats to assign all the blame. the need for victim is huge to satisfy emotional needs in a person. fixing things is just not enough.

5 Likes

As we all konw, the devs may be the last one to realize the what Fizzbang and Wisp bring in the GW battle.How could we expect dev give out good defense teams if they dont play much this game? Such as the dungeon boss.

1 Like

And there we have it. Everyone is always owed something. Everyone is always entitled to something. I hate to say it but you’re not automatically entitled to reparations and I don’t think it’s your right or privilege to demand them.

Devs have always been pretty forthcoming with reimbursements for systemic issues and outages. I’m sorry that you and others didn’t get every last potential gem you think you deserve because of some people’s innapropriate actions, but it’s a game and the fact that you’re in B1 means your already getting a good deal more than everyone else.

I’d rather see the devs spend their time on things for the entire community than satisfying bloodthirst and entitlement. You were wronged - we all were. The devs don’t owe you or any of us anything in reparation for cheaters’ actions.

Why don’t you kick the cheaters’ arses in GW this week and get your own paybacks? Knock them out of B1? I’d think that would be much more satisfying than some more gems that will get you some more keys that net you more duplicate stuff you already have stockpiled…

3 Likes

Although I agree it is time to move on, I can’t agree with this point of view. The devs already knew they couldn’t just “trust” that this sort of thing wouldn’t happen. The topic was raised many months ago. I and my then co-GM told them privately that another guild had made a collusion offer to us. We asked them their stance on it. No reply. Then, that old thread blew up in public because of rumors that the two guilds from that very screenshot were already colluding. Yet, they decided to take a wait and see approach based on how “significant” the effect would become if/when it happened. Sorry, but it was already clear from the beginning that “any” amount of collusion has a significant effect on the perceived integrity of the game mode.

Personally, I think that is the reason some people are still frustrated and bitter about the topic. If they would have taken the topic seriously all those months ago, this situation could have been avoided. The matchup/defense mechanic could have been improved to make it virtually impossible for you to know who you are setting a defense for when they had GW offline.

At the end of the day, you can’t unring a bell. So, hopefully, the people that are still dissatisfied will put it aside and wait to see if the devs improve the situation with a well thought out coding solution that focuses on prevention.

12 Likes

To the opposite, all these arguments and suggestions prove that we community seek for fair competitions and balanced games, and the very most of the players are trustable.

3 Likes

If you do have any proof id love to see it. When is this video happening?

2 Likes

@Germee

People leaving the forums and GoW - #49 by Saltypatra

You are jumping to the conclusion that my guild was harmed in this sense. This logic is so flawed and twisted…

I don’t need to be among the ones that should receive any reparations to be entitled to express my opinion. I stand by my opinion because i thinks it’s right, not because i want to gain something out of it.

Devs’ statement pros:
Finally makes it unambiguous that collusion is not allowed
Promises we can expect enforcement & punishment in the future

Cons:
Fails to explain why they responded so late & acknowledge the degree of the consequences of their waffling until now
No new thread containing full statement. This issue deserves more than a series of posts that are difficult to find and collate
Does not inspire confidence that they will take an active role in preventing cheating, as it was only after Salty was repeatedly pushed that she took a clearer & better stance

IMO

I’m disappointed that the devs had let things go this far and that the guilds involved still colluded even after the community had made it clear most of us consider collusion cheating, so I don’t have my hopes up atm.

8 Likes

If memory serves correctly, there was much less consensus around whether or not alliances were a bad thing. I think those people are now afraid to speak up b/c of the clear witch hunt we’re engaging in, but I still think there’s a very valid argument that alliances between guilds is perfectly fair in a WAR. What war doesn’t have alliances? I can thus very easily see why there wasn’t a determination back then. The players weren’t even clear on their expectations/desires.

4 Likes

Its been mentioned before but it would have been so easy to do a system where the colors only are shown on Monday and you have until the matches begin to set your defenses. Once the weekly GW starts everything is locked in and your opponents for the week are revealed. I’m actually flummoxed that this method wasn’t in place Day One of Guild Wars.
When we finally get our 24 unique defense troop patch (please oh please let this happen) this method really should be implemented.

1 Like

Im willing to make some teams mwoehaha @Saltypatra sign me up with the devs!

Locking in defenses is not without its issues. What if you got a new troop and want it on your defense team? What if you disenchanted the second copy of a 2x troop, or (God forbid) your last copy of a troop?

Granted, the problems are tractable, and I think it’s the right approach, but I understand why they haven’t implemented this.

1 Like

I remember those dissenters being a minority, especially judging by the number of “likes” each opinion received. I personally didn’t post once in that thread because many people were expressing what I wanted to say already. The person who admitted to having proposed collusion even backed down. We must have very different perceptions of what happened.

3 Likes