Green Eyed Monster

The truth of it (in my opinion) is that while they very well may recognize this as something that should be implemented, the lack of scoring in-game brings them in that sweet $$ due to players scoring ineffectively for their guilds and buying more tiers with gems (thus being more likely to purchase gems with $$ at some point in the future). Because this issue isn’t harming their profits, and is netting them extra $$ if anything, scoring in-game is not a priority nor a big concern.

Welcome to the monetization era of Gems of War, where crap ain’t done unless it rakes in the money. See for reference any update within the past year and a half.

2 Likes

If they want to spend us more gems in the event shop, they just should just return the weapons or new units to the event shop. I am sure most people bought more tiers in the weekly invasion and boss events than in the “new” campaign events just because of that.
Of course they also could raise the needed points but this will end up more in frustration than investment i am sure.

They could put in old weapons, sure, but that would devalue flash $$ offers for them. They make more money by paywalling weapons (or timewalling them by making them hardly appear in SF) than they would by putting them in event shops, since many players save gems for event tiers each week and don’t end up paying $$.

He means adding new weapons every week like they did in the past, I think, instead of emoji sets and stuff that I think most hardcore players don’f really care about (and that the casuals maybe don’t have the gems to acquire anyway?)

3 Likes

Thanks. No way i would pick an ultra rare over a mythic if not for this…

I don’t understand you. I read the news page every Monday about scoring, simplify it into a battle priority list, put it into the guild message, problem solved.

Are we still getting the same battles for everybody?

Some things looks suspicious to me (always highest points) - like #24 with +3 battles won combined with +76 points. (And that’s not the only one). It should be impossible, unless people are offered different fights, shouldn’t it? Reporting a player crosses my mind, but I don’t want to jump to rash actions.

Battles are randomly chosen, if you are lucky you can make more points with less battles.

It used to be the case that battles were offered in the same order to all players; the order was randomly chosen at the start of the week. If that has changed, it is a big deal for competitive reasons—and I would hope for an announcement of same.

3 Likes

Ultra deception:

There are an additional four players – for a total of seven players – in my guild that entirely skipped every Maid of Envy, undoubtedly because it had a lower rarity. Here’s how the game tries to tell players to always kill Maid of Envy:

1 Like

What @Grundulum says.
A few events back bunch of us recorded sequences of our fights and concluded that everybody got the same enemies.

Keeping that in mind, I find totally perplexing what I see on the leaderboard. I’m sure that my score is maximum possible I could get (unless I’ve turned colorblind and forgotten how to read) - people getting more points than should be possible with that difference in games won, people getting more points in fewer battles…so
either there is something more (that we don’t know) in the scoring system
or there are pack of obvious cheaters,
or something is wrong with leaderboard data,
or sometimes everybody gets the same battles but other days not.

In any case, it doesn’t look too good.

6 Likes

As @Dust_Angel said, we found a couple weeks back that everyone gets the same fights regardless of what you pick on the map.

Will add another option: The game may not be giving out points correctly.

Just to rule it out… Did you ever die, and thus waste a good point fight? (EDIT: Apparently if you die you can repeat the same fight, so that doesnt matter.) If this is just a one off thing, for now Id say maybe you accidentally clicked the wrong one or died and forgot. Maybe. We all know the game has bugs too though…

Would be willing to do another test run next week if you and others want to check.

1 Like

Nope, no death.
Maybe I missed optimal route? Not impossible, yet I highly doubt it.

Most likely it all should stem from something iffy within the game itself…but what?
For me, at least, points are being given correctly - I have spreadsheet with my own count and, whenever I look, the number of games/points are the same in both my spreadsheet and leaderbord; no discrepancy at all since the very first campaign.
Anyhow, this week is the first time I’m on a global leaderboard so I can actually look and quite directly compare my results with those of other people; since the rewards are flat (no ~1,18 of base or increasing with each battle) it should be rather straightforward…maybe this weird stuff has existed forever, but we just haven’t noticed, dunno.

1 Like

Could the visual glitch that causes people to take suboptimal choices be to blame?

@Dust_Angel, good (or bad?) news, you’re not crazy!

Both @blindnighto and I completed 90 fights each but have different points.

Looks like I got one extra Maid of Envy, and he got an extra Queen of Sin. Both of our maps are different too. I have four purple fights to choose from, and he has three purples and one Maid of Envoy.

How do either of our scores line up with you when you completed 90 battles?

Maybe fights are random and different per person now? The difference is tiny though.

Unfortunately by pointing out how “Not random” the battles are/were on a thread.

The devs will probably strive to make sure the battles are random moving forward.

One of the downsides of discussing the game where Salty can see every discussion if she chooses to. :person_shrugging:

(It could just depend on the event as well. If there’s no variable scoring. Then the battles are random. If there’s variable scoring, then the battles are linear.)

4 Likes

Hmmm…

I play on two accounts and keep track, more or less detailed. This week, up to 40 battles, same battles on both. I picked the same battles throughout, Maid if available, otherwise highest rarity, lowest level.
At battle #45, I picked Pride on one account, Broker of Greed on another. They were both same level if I recall correctly. And the first difference showed at battle #47 - battle #46 was Lust for both, but for #47, the first account got Maid of Envy, while the second got Wrath.

From then on, some differences:

# Account 2 Account 1
45 Broker of Greed Pride
46 Lust Lust
47 Wrath Maid of Envy
48 Wrath Maid of Envy
49 Queen of Sin Maid of Envy
50 Pride Broker of Greed
51 Broker of Greed Broker of Greed
52 Pride Pride
53 Pride Broker of Greed
54 Lust Lust
55 Wrath Wrath
56 Broker of Greed Pride
57 Maid of Envy Maid of Envy
58 Maid of Envy Maid of Envy
59 Broker of Greed Pride
60 Maid of Envy Maid of Envy
61 Lust Lust
62 Lust Lust
63 Maid of Envy Maid of Envy
64 Pride Broker of Greed
65 Queen of Sin Queen of Sin
66 Broker of Greed Broker of Greed
67 Maid of Envy Maid of Envy
68 Maid of Envy
69 Maid of Envy
70 Maid of Envy

There’s a few repeating patterns there. Maybe the upcoming battles depend on the position you pick? :thinking: Or they started shuffling blocks of them? My 40 battles were played earlier in the week, the change could have happened later in the week.

If anyone’s up for starting data collection next week, count me in.

4 Likes

Thanks @mitamata ! Our last test showed location picked doesn’t matter. That said, after so many battles I said it was good enough, that we could conclude the battles are always the same. Apparently we should have kept going since at least in this event, there was a change for you at 40 battles.

It is strange. That’s quite a few battles before there’s a difference. Why give everyone the same first 39 fights? :thinking:

As long as next week isn’t a variable point event, I’ll join the data collection. I will also ask @Saltypatra in stream.

The difference started at 47. I think what happened is, I was following the same algorithm through to battle 40 and picking the same battles consistently. This was a few days ago. Today, I saw this thread and made a conscious decision to vary it up a bit and took a Pride battle when I should have taken Broker of Greed according to my algorithm. That’s when the variation started.

Now, either there’s something else is determining the next battle or something changed mid week.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this time around I didn’t keep that detailed of a record as, you know, - same battles for everyone - and exactly when the world returns to random appearance.

The issue looks clearer now thanks to @mitamata.

1 Like