GoW: ToDo Monitor

I liked :)) very very good program :))

<Frostling nameFile="Troop_K22_07" baseRarity="Common" primaryColor="Blue" secondaryColor="" thirdColor="" kingdom="GlacialPeaks"/>
<SnowGuardian nameFile="Troop_K22_08" baseRarity="UltraRare" primaryColor="Brown" secondaryColor="Green" thirdColor="" kingdom="GlacialPeaks"/>
<IceGolem nameFile="Troop_K22_06_DESC" baseRarity="Epic" primaryColor="Blue" secondaryColor="Brown" thirdColor="" kingdom="GlacialPeaks"/>

New 3 Troops :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. BTW Snow Guardian’s primary color is brown, you should fix that.

2 Likes

thx yonizaf to correct

I’ve excluded the Ice Golem for now, because it’s not supposed to be released this week.

New version 2.2a (http://www.megafileupload.com/cjV5/GoWToDov2.2a.zip) with:

• possible to open the software without pictures and so, without Steam files (@DonBoba if you hear me) . It’s horrible without pictures but it works ;-). If devs agree, I can provide the necessary pictures (kingdom stars, shields, map, etc.) in a .zip file.
  • add a frame according to the rarity of the troop,
  • update the database.xml file as usual (without Ice Golem).
5 Likes

Your new version has a bug, it removes the second and third traits of a troop if you change its rarity.

yep, @turintuor check the bug when change rarity, and when i download the 2.2a “map” missing in picture folder (but can copy past from the old version)
i understand you erase pictures in this folder for some players like @Donboba, but keep the map picture please, otherwise the new “downloaders” will not have the map picture.

How do I update this application.
My version doesn’t have newest troops. Idk how far back either…

New version with both bugs corrected: http://www.megafileupload.com/888s/GoWToDov2.2a.zip

@NYCUrbanity: to update, you have to download the zip file, unzip it and copy-paste the .exe + database.xml files in your old folder.

5 Likes

thx Turintour :slight_smile:

New 2 troops :slight_smile:

<UrskaWanderer nameFile="Troop_K15_08" baseRarity="UltraRare" primaryColor="Red" secondaryColor="Green" thirdColor="" kingdom="Stormheim"/>
<SnowyOwl nameFile="Troop_K15_09" baseRarity="Common" primaryColor="Yellow" secondaryColor="" thirdColor="" kingdom="Stormheim"/>
7 Likes

add ice golem:

<IceGolem nameFile="Troop_K22_06" baseRarity="Epic" primaryColor="Blue" secondaryColor="Brown" thirdColor="" kingdom="GlacialPeaks"/>

7 Likes

I’ve downloaded the 2.2a version but I have no pictures in the app. What do I need to do to get them?

When you launch the software, it should ask the GoW folder in the Steam files. Did you selected te good one?

Okayyyyyy finally jumping on the bandwagon with this one. I’ve been running my own spreadsheet for a while and it works great; however, I’m starting to turn an eye more toward farming vs pvp to knock out the last people I need to trait for 100%. And my spreasheet just tracks arcanes, not runics, which is actually what I need. So time to pony up and get me some GoWToDo.

Thoughts, in no particular order…

Notes: 1) I had same issue with my computer not wanting to download/run file. But I trust Turin and the other people in forum/thread, so I ignored and ran anyway. As others have said, I think it’s just due to being a 3rd-party app that it doesn’t recognize/want to just let it run. 2) As a non-dev, non-tech guy I was apprehensive about all this code and making it work, especially with the new lines every week; but instructions are straightforward and literally anyone can do this. I added the three new troops by myself, no problems. Brilliant.

Suggestions: 1) Can you amend OP to say that you should fill in troop data BEFORE traitstones/collection? I dumped in my collection info and then started putting in my troop info/upgrades and it subtracted from the info I put in re: collection, so that should be done last. 2) Is there a way to make it load with scrollbars at the tops of kingdoms? Some of them started there, but others it started in the middle, and others the bottom. Not a big deal, just something I noticed that irked me a tiny bit. 3) Is it possible to make the box with the stars at the top just a teensy bit bigger so it doesn’t need a scrollbar? Everything almost fits and just making a tad bigger would mean you could see at first glance.

Question: Why do Primal and Apoc count stars? That’s not a thing is it? They don’t have actual kingdom info, so why are they counted/listed on kingdom/star list?

Bug? When I have a base rarity troop that I haven’t ascended at all, I can’t make their frame pop/load. If I click another rarity and then change back to it works, but that’s not an option on mythics like Drakkulis, etc. So they just sit frameless :confused: Can it be possible to have the frame pop when you click the first time even if it’s on their default/base?
EDIT: When I loaded it up the second time all the missing base frames loaded, so maybe not a bug after all…

Tips: I spent alot of time clicking boxes I didn’t need to, esp re: traits. If you have someone full-traited you can just click the third box twice and it will mark all 3. I spent half my kingdoms marking trait 1, then 2, then 3. That was useful to me and wanted to share for others.

Big thanks to everyone who has/will put work into this, especially Turin. This is amazeballs.

PS:

3 Likes

I feel your pain…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedbacks ;-).

Suggestions:

1. I will add something about that in the OP.
  2. I didn’t understand… sorry. Maybe a screenshot ;-).
  3. You can increase the heightKingdomSummary value in the WindowParam line in the configGow.xml file :slight_smile: .

Questions:
You forget Guardians :stuck_out_tongue: . Because I like the fact that players see these kingdoms and think “oh already 3-stars, it should be great to have a bonus like the other kingdoms”. When you use soul or TS for troops coming from these kingdoms, you don’t gain any bonus (gold, etc.). I think it should be nice to have another bonus set, different than the other kingdoms to motivate players to boost these troops.

Bug:
Yes it’s due that the frames are loaded when a troop is already in your configGoW.xml. I am not well satisfied by the current aspect so it’s going to be reworked ;-).

You’re welcome ;-).

1 Like

My friends, I feel that @turintuor is preparing something magnificent for us. I suggested to him another big update. A little encouragement and thank you for giving like, this is a lot of work, and all this to help us in the game

Then like :heart: to encourage him please (like the first post :wink: )

2 Likes

Here is the idea made to @turintuor

I find it convenient because I find everything directly in the todo, without having to constantly switch on the game to check.
What do you think?

1 Like