Goodbye prismatic orb!

One suggestion (I have v similar teams above) - I swap the order of the Hobgob and Behemoth.

They don’t compete for mana colour, so order doesn’t matter for that.

If it all goes horribly wrong, Hobgob is a far better troop to be left with last - faster spell and damage that stacks - more useful in the late game and has saved me a few times.

Very few people that I see use hits that target the last enemy these days (Satyr, Ferit, etc).

Hey Jainus and Machiknight - this is a combo I haven’t yet tried - going to give it a go…thanks … one more for the arsenal (think thats my last free slot tho) :grinning:

It’s very quick to win… though not the most robust, no healing/buffing power… I use red/brown wild plains banner to speed up casting Ragnagord…

It is a super fast winning Deck. It doesn’t pay well on warlord difficulties however. I think the torch/carved is a touch faster than sun/ragnagord.

Yep, also promising…

Carnex/Gorgotha/Hobgob/Hobgob can be super fast too… though less effective since 108 made spell damage less important than attack damage…

You know, it’s funny… I’ve kept my defense team the same as it has been for a while (Carnex, Tankbot, Flame Cannon, Prismatic Orb) after the orb changes… And now I’m getting more wins. Maybe it’s coincidence, or maybe the AI does better with this version? I don’t know! :noodle arms:

It’s still useful - lost against a Rockwormx3, Orb team yesterday during PvP run, couldn’t take out the Orb fast enough and the extra armor helped it stay alive when it was just down to him and my last guy (Hobgoblin).

After the hero update is orb good? bad? ugly?

It’s still dangerous and expensive to use.

Prismatic Orb was my favorite Weapon for so many Month… It was just a great Feeling to use it… In the past weeks I used it again and yes… to expensive… risky… The most Time I had only 3 Gem Matches. Very rare to get 4 Gem Matches… but maybe a good alternate for defense Strategists… but not for me…

With the recent nerfs to Chalice, I find that Prismatic Orb is the best go-to Hero weapon for a Rowanne team comp. It is extremely powerful in my opinion especially considering that it has 1:1 magic scaling and gets the magic boost regardless of what Hero class you choose. I also find myself getting extra turns more than 50% of the time the item has been activated.

I agree that for me, in general, Orb is risky and expensive. I do not get decent returns with it.

And I did not like the nerf to chalice. I enjoyed using it. And it was certainly not overpowered in my teams. It is completely nugatory now. There are so many insane defensive options with passive traits that will tear you up, that I do not understand that nerf at all.

The chalice had a lot of counters. You start pumping your armor up and someone drops a Bone Dragon or a Blade Dancer or weapons like Mang or Vile Flask (etc) on you. Boom. Also, if you ran Paladin, for example, area damage or targeted damage would reduce your attack damage dangerously. I just enjoyed the approach, but Chalice is gone now. Just my experience, yours may vary :stuck_out_tongue:

It was overpowered in Arena. Very powerful in the standard game, but Arena is where, I believe, it was causing issues.

Thanks. It was a good weapon in the standard game, no longer. And yes, I did read that. A shame, as I did not use it in arena. But I am not much of an arena player of late.

Best weapon to use with Rowanne is surely the Cog that doubles armour? And doesn’t share a colour with her…

Cog
Alchemist
Rowanne
Green Seer

…is an awesome little team :smile:

1 Like

But where’s valkyria in there? :smiley:

Could go in place of seer and shuffle order a bit… I don’t use her as I have no need of souls…

But for us, mortals, she is a must :frowning:

I’m fond of Coronet / Valk / Rowanne / Prismatic. Don’t get the mega-Rowanne damage, but Coronet makes it less of a one-trick pony and Valk gives the sweet, sweet souls.

I used to use Cog with her; however, I found it is only useful as long as she has armor. I remember finding myself in situations where my armor was depleted and the Cog turned useless. If she has the 3rd trait, Cog is much more useful than a Cog on an untraited Rowanne. Not to mention I used to use a Barrier comp with the Cog and I still found myself losing armor to AoE abilities such as Staff of Madness or Burning Scythe. Personally for me, gaining an extra turn is more beneficial than relying on Barrier to keep me alive unless of course I know Barrier will be up consistently like in a traited Celestasia comp. This is another reason why Primatc Orb wins the armor item race. Prismatic in last slot does not interfere with mana gain with the cards above it, so there is no mana issue there.