Goodbye (15 characters)

“He who finds excuses to say offensive things is no better than the people who believe offensive things.”

There’s not a good excuse to promote or support ideas that make people feel belittled, upset, or sad. What’s funny about the stream of “people are too offended” is like, if you look at the meme image above, women had to fight tooth and nail for each of the things that is casually attributed as they had.

They were offended because they couldn’t vote. They were offended because they couldn’t work. And they fought and protested and beat back chuckleheads who said they should keep up their “women’s work” and leave important decisions to men.

You don’t look very good when you align with the people who have always said women should stay in line. If you’re saying it at all, you should probably ask yourself why you believe it. Often it’s just “oh because I’ve always been told this”. That’s a poor reason to believe in anything.

4 Likes

@Slypenslyde, I want to make it clear that my comment was not a defense of the use of the phrase “women’s work.”

At best, calling something women’s work is boorishly tone deaf. At worst, it’s intentionally offensive, an attempt to demean half the human race, rile people’s emotions, and cause trouble. In this case it was probably the latter and the individual should be removed if found.

My comment was intended to say that we shouldn’t let such trolls affect how we feel or act in any way, but I can see that that wasn’t clear without more context.

Edit: actually reading back through the posted screenshot, it looks more like the boorishly tone deaf variety of use. Who talks like that?

1 Like

OK, it was kind of ambiguous but I’m glad that was your intent with the response :slight_smile:

1 Like

By women’s work, they probably meant to ask you to spend gold. Still sounds awful though.

Hm, actually there’s no women’s work to do in kingdoms, only men’s work. So it must be a typo.

Now come on men and be offended and report me!

And I also think you’re a troll.

1 Like

Why is this thread still active? Shouldn’t it be closed by now?

1 Like

Nah, we haven’t made it to the “I’m not a misogynist, but…” phase of discussion.

Whether or not this was a deliberate snubbing or (more likely) a simple autocorrect failure, the topic has run its course and is headed nowhere good.

4 Likes