Good Dinosaur

@Lyya you have 20% chance for lethal damage, should be 25%

I have whatever’s published right now. Presumably, the troop will be updated before reset.

I for one am glad for Submerge-counters; as someone who uses dragons a lot because the new UI makes numbers barely readable for me, I absolutely hate Submerge. It’s horrid for me to deal with and makes me lose a lot. So I’m totally cool with the Mosasaurus.

Scylla, however, I’m not cool with. Lethal damage possibility is just not cool without limitations. If it had been 60% lethal to blue troops (to go with her lore of focusing on sailors) or something like that, it’d be way better. But really, this just sucks and will just boost Krakens up even more if the last troop can be removed just like that. (We all know that 25% means basically “100% for the AI” anyway.)

6 Likes

This game has way, way too many instant death mechanics. Is this sort of thing actually fun for people?

I thought The Great Maw was pushing it, and that the devs would have learned from it that players generally hate instant death. Instead, it’s tacked onto so many troops now… :frowning:

Isn’t enough enough already?

19 Likes

Scylla 15 Mana, auto kill anything 25% of the time with zero counters. What could go wrong? Makes Kraken look overcosted at 15 Mana w/ 35% ‘Devour’ and most people running Devour counter to block it.

1 Like

OUTNUMBERED

9 Likes

The funniest part is that it was 20% of the time in the spoiler… So that means it wasn’t enough for devs…

1 Like

I feel like Scylla was basically designed to help Krakens (because that’s so clearly what they needed :roll_eyes:). They’re both Blackhawk troops (=give kingdom bonuses) as well. Remove last troop with Scylla, eat the rest with Kraken. All you need to do is switch from Troll/2x Kraken/Mab to Troll/Kraken/Scylla/Mab (since Mab is just there for the freeze anyway and not really for her spell, the double blue/purple is acceptable. Of course, 2xKraken+Syclla works, too, but then you lose freeze).

I will never understand why the devs keep introducing more and more devour and lethal mechanics when people keep complaining about them everywhere for good reason. I mean, this is supposed to be a strategy game, right? What good is strategy if no matter what I pick, it can die just like that? Might as well try to poker then, that’s just as luck-based as this.

6 Likes

@Lyya i agree no fun, only frustration

And add the extra skull bombs generated from her third trait :wink:

I’d, personally, like to use

Forest Troll
Kraken
Scylla
Doomclaw

W’rah!!! :grimacing::smiling_imp:

1 Like

True enough! I just don’t have Doomclaw, so I tend to ignore possibilities I don’t have so that I don’t get jealous.:wink:

I would mind instant death much less if it were either reserved as a boss mechanic (and the game had something that could actually qualify as a “boss”) or required a somewhat complicated setup, and devour isn’t as bad as it once was now that the catalog of troops that are immune is growing. And I don’t mind RNG so much when there are a bunch of low impact events that can be reacted to, with only occasional edge cases of a combination of multiple events where things run amok. Its the combination of high impact events and RNG (especially low chance RNG) that are especially annoying to me.

That being said, Scylla will only be obnoxious if people actually use her on defense, and I think its less the lethal damage that would make that happen in the first place, but more the annoying but not at all synergistic third trait and submerge from her spell that seem tacked on. Then, once she is actually being used people would rage about the randomness of her lethal damage. Hopefully people will use her for a while, get tired of trying to force synergies with her because of her confused design, and she’ll fade into obscurity with DRACOS (who quite franky would be super annoying to fight if it happened often enough).

3 Likes

Well drako+ scîlla will be boring as s***

replace mab from FT, kraken, kraken, mab into FT, kraken, kraken, scylla :stuck_out_tongue:

Only mentioned it because it is the other troop with 25% lethal damage on a 15 cost spell. It would be obnoxious if it were seen more on defense, but because it isn’t, it is barely ever brought up.

Who’s in that list? The ones I can think of off the top are Scorp… Dracos… Archer… Kruarg… Assassin… are those all 5?

edit: Oh wait Scylla would be the 6th!

Kruarg isn’t a lethal kill, though need to add Serpentine Dagger (Hero Weapon) to the list.

He isn’t? 5% on hit. Or is that a devour on hit? Why am I asking I can just go look lol… And still I’m going to post this comment… go figure :smiley:

ninjedit: You are correct. The 5% isn’t a Lethal it’s a Devour.

1 Like

Voracious - 5% Devour on Skulls

1 Like

That’s ummm, quite the interesting romantic euphemism. Or am I totally misreading this :stuck_out_tongue: