Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse 🔥)

Thief? Why not a murderer or a terrorist? Nobody stole anything here, everything inside the game.

2 Likes

If you take advantage of a glitch/bug/exploit/mistake you are in the wrong and should be punished.

3 Likes

this isn’t a bank and the punishment should fit the if there were some sort of trick to it I would support a ban but there was no trickery

1 Like

Many people write that this could not be with him just because they look at the problem of occupying numbers. If tomorrow you begin to fall two-colored gems in each battle, it will take time before you realize that this is a bug. And when you realize that this is a bug, probably some of the players will already have a fairly impressive amount of such gems. And if such a bug happens, should there be a ban of players?

1 Like

No one was wrongly banned. People took advantage of a bug that they knew was wrong so they spent everything so they couldn’t get it taken away.

Everyone that was banned deserved it and the people that took advantage of this but didn’t get banned deserves to be.

If you cheat you deserve to be banned end of story.

2 Likes

taking something the game gave you is not cheating

#LGoHwardengateflashbacks

N3twork handled Wardengate terribly, and they suffered significantly from it, with many old school LGoH players (myself included) migrating to GoW.

This Banpocalypse is not handled outstandingly indeed, especially with regards to:

Infinite Interactive should be equally reactive and strict, whether the hack/exploit/abuse directly affect$ gem$ or not. It speaks of their Integrity.

All in all however, Infinite Interactive remains light-years ahead of N3twork and many other developers in most/all aspects, so let’s indeed remember how much worse it could be before quitting what is an overall well-designed and managed game.

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The game is slowly dying and the banning of existing players is only going to make it worse.

For brand new players it is too hard and time consuming - this is not including people with alts who already know how to play.

As for the ban It’s 6 and 2 3s really.

It was the developers mistake that customers took advantage of and although it was wrong no rule states claiming rewards is illegal.

However, If the did lift the ban what’s to stop everyone doing it next time ?

In my opinion Players should be punished YES but permanently banned NO.

1 Like

It is not even a ban like that. Nothing prevents me from starting the game again. Essentially, it’s about resetting my account. And such a decision arises from the fact that developers are subscribing to the fact that they are not able to correct their mistakes.

1 Like

Taking it 7000 times is. You got 70k gems for doing nothing that gives you a huge advantage over everyone else in the game when it comes to leaderboards. You cheated.

1 Like

They could easily look at who claimed what and revoke everything that day. BUT they are lazy and just want the easy way out. So banned everyone

1 Like

Developers put 10 aces in a deck, and a cheater player? Fun))

Or they could have banned everyone like they should have but are too nice and let the people away with it that didn’t spend the gems.

4 Likes

Rollback of transactions - the right decision, in the event that the program is not cracked, but there was a mistake of developers.

Newsflash: Pretty much all multi-player games with leaderboards will ban players if they heavily exploit a bug for unfair advantage. Some even warn players about it in their “terms of service” text.

In instances where bug either directly effects all or almost all players or might not be obvious to all users, you might get away with it if you are lucky. This mailbox thing was very obviously unintentional bug and very obviously gave unfair advantage, so it was your own choice whether to abuse it and risk your account. I think the devs were very lenient with players who didn’t spend the gems they gained.

1 Like

所以我看到很多人说
被Baned是因为获取超过了1000Gems 并且用掉了
那么当这些被封号的玩家 联系Dev的时候
是否能用以下手段作为惩罚?
使用漏洞获取了多少Gems,就去购买多少Gems作为弥补
然后在某个时间点之前完成这些
Dev来通过后台扣除这些额外的Gems(确保账户里拥有)
如果能扣除则不做Baned,扣不到或者不够的则Baned作为最终的结果?

我必须得承认,贪婪是原罪,但是如果诚心忏悔并且改正,上帝也会原谅的吧?
惩罚得目的不是惩罚,让其认知到错误并且改正,不才是惩罚的目的吗?

1 Like

Why should people who didn’t spend gems get away with it ? That is just as bad as spending the gems.

You either ban them all or don’t ban them… Simple as that.

2 Likes

I knew they would take the gems anyway but I was already end game why not spend em try to get the last few troops just to finish the collection and maybe power up some kingdoms I was already doing well in the leaderboards had 1400 legit gems when it started I figured I would loose the gems I already had so why not make it worth it I agree it was probably wrong on some sort of moral belief not saying that it wasn’t but it wasn’t cheating either I completely noticed it by accident over the last year I probably spent a 1000 dollars on this game and was getting sick never getting a new mythic from a key anyway the rng is broken in this game and I actually got very little from 60000 gems only three mythics I didn’t have ubaset being the only useful one but whatever I just think a ban doesn’t fit for something they done it’s not like people manipulated any sort of menus or anything weird just opened mail

1 Like

I don’t understand how anyone got a unfair advantage

Fair enough if you hack the game yes. If you don’t do anything wrong then no. Developers error customers pay… I could name many examples this sort of thing has happened and not been banned. Fifa released cards on the market that was not yet in TOTW and people who bought them did not get banned.

Even companies as big as EA are not this lazy, they did not ban anyone, they just revoked the cards and apologised.

1 Like