Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„)

If people are getting banned because the security guard left Walmart back door open then it is only right that the guard is also fired and replaced by someone more capable and diligent. Where is the corporate admission of ANY responsibility in this or any other case where incredulous lack of competency is glaringly obvious. Nobody planned a heist hereā€¦the punishment should fit the crime based on the knowledge that once again the devs failed in the most simple of coding tasks. Itā€™s almost like entrapment. Plus they ignored 2 reports and thereby escalated the damage. Come on Rojoā€¦whereā€™s the business acumen amongst this chaos? What if the coder was an aggrieved employee who wanted to get back at his boss and did this on purpose? Of course this is yet another thing we will never know. But thousands of annoyed players who have had their guilds smashed because of opportunist naivety is only gonna diminish the playerbase even further. And who is gonna spend a penny on a company that allows this incompetency to go unpunished in house??

2 Likes

I would not talk about the incompetence of developers. Everyone makes mistakes. Microsoft regularly sends updates with fixes. Bugs are part of the design. Therefore, there can be no punishment without proving evil intent. This software product does not have the ability to display benefits, so the problem can be solved within the game. And if the benefits could be taken out of the game, then the bans would be even more meaningless. It is important to be able to correct mistakes and work on tools to do this.

I didnā€™t think anything could pull me back in here, but buddy, your bogus justifications have done the job. After hearing you say ā€œthere is no rule against opening my mail, why did I get banned?ā€ about 30 times it is obvious that you are totally focused on the wrong issue. Itā€™s not opening your mail that got you banned. Itā€™s exploiting the bug that caused your current troubles and no matter what you think, that is caused solely by your own behavior. You admit that you knew something was wrong and you kept doing it anyway. You deserve every minute of your ban. Enjoy it.

7 Likes

I do not understand why you are comparing it with theft. Here, all the benefits remain within the game and no one is hiding.

If the bank mistakenly transferred the money to my account, I would transfer part of this money to another account in the same bank, and to another part of the money I would buy a car that I registered for the same bank and take this car from this bank for rent. All the benefits are still at the bank.

The bank itself executed the order on transferring money to me. Yes, the bank has the right to take everything back. But there are no legal grounds for arresting me.

youā€™re justifying the ban is bogus developerā€™s fault end of story!!!

Everyone going on about it wasnt cheating and it was just doing what you are meant to, by collecting your mail:

It was a deliberate exploit of a bug that was reported and known about. You didnt ā€œAccidentallyā€ do this. You 100% deliberately done this.

Those banned met 2 conditions:

1. They done it at least 100 times.
  2. They then spent the 1k+ gems they gained.

You dont accidentally get an extra 1k gems and then accidentally spend them.

The main reason for no roll back on GW, and as having bugs and shit causes losses, including game crashes, the GW bug a few months ago with some troops causing issues like Kryst and the kill last troop and it counts as a loss. The reason for it is because it effects soo many other people. If you have done fights, then it instantly effects the 5 people you have fought. The score then effects the 30 people in your guild. Then because of your score it effects the 300 people in your bracket. Then the score of your bracket effects the 600 people on either side of the bracket. Then so on and so forth.

The banning of some, and not others is understandable in this instance as well, as the bans hate banning people. This is evidenced by not wanting to ban cheaters constantly. Its a last ditch punishment. If they can fix the issue without a ban, they try and do that. If that means removing the gems and they are able to, they try and do that. The bans happened when people deliberately exploited the issue to gain an important currency, and then spent it all to get ahead in the game and so that it couldnt be removed.

Yes, accidents happen, and if it is like 100 gems you claimed and spent in the normal act of playing the game, like sigil based events, pets class etc, then I personally believe that if they want to punish them, then removal of the 100 gems, even taking it into a negative, is a suitable punishment, as that isnt much abuse as top guilds can easily get 10+ mails a day between LTs, PvP rewards etc.

But for those that have gained 1k+ gems abusing it, you have no defence. Even the bullshit above about caring for their sick mother and not reading it. No. You are trying to get sympathy. Yes the real issue may be there, but for you to claim the amount that has been described by Sirrian, you would of been on here constantly doing it, not just getting them at times when you could.

IMO, the bans should stick, and in future other cheaters, both in GW (especially), PvP and other leaderboard based events, should be handed out more liberally, to show that it isnt tolerated.

IMO Trophy removal means almost stuff all now, as they only thing they are good for is cosmetic items atm after a certain point. Once you hit that point is no real reason to grind them outside of e-peen (I understand some think they are useful and show a guild activity, but not all believe it, and it turns some away from guilds, same vice versa). Banning the player, be it perma, or a timed banned like a few days then longer as they keep cheating, depending on what they are doing. But I think a 3rd strike rule should be applied, if they cheat 3 times deliberately, and you can prove it, perma ban them.

The community is the main reason a lot keep playing the game, and it needs to be supported with good choices, like removing the scum that are cheating the game.

TLDR; bans were just. Should be more bans. Stop cheating idiots. Ban all cheaters.

12 Likes

those ban conditions for the gems were after the fact absolutely absurd!!!

No they werent.

All punishments for exploiting a bug in the game is at the discretion of the developers.

You are only crying now, because you have been caught exploiting something. Thats it.

2 Likes

They most definitely were I wouldnā€™t play the game now if you payed me just simply calling b.s. on devā€™s punishing players over their incompetence if they do their job this never happens period.

Then leave??

Bugs happen. I have never played a game, ever in over 20 years of gaming, that has gotten everything right and had no bugs. It is impossible. Yes bug testing can remove some, but others will only happen in certain conditions, like this.

90% of this thread is just cry babies whinging that they were banned from a game after exploiting a bug.

News flash: Doing bad things, has consequences. You exploited a bug, 0 forks [Lyya: edited] why the bug was there, you got banned for it. Simple. End of discussion

5 Likes

No constructive and no adequacy in the causes of problems, their consequences and their management.

tuff guy I think youā€™re opinions stink and youā€™re wrong end of story

1 Like

Haha, can we all please stop with the analogies. They are getting ridiculously farfetched

1 Like

Can you even hear yourself? Youā€™re saying ā€œThe devs made a mistake and forced me to become a thief!ā€ No, they didnā€™t. You simply are a thief. You exploited that bug seven thousand times. Seven thousand. You won the event because you cheated. You knew there was an error and you kept exploiting it. I canā€™t even imagine what it took for you to hit that button 7,000 times.

All your outrage is for nothing. Everybody in the game got that same email but only you exploited it 7,000 times. You are a thief and a cheat and you got banned for it. Own it, because you are the only one responsible.

22 Likes

Do you know what the real problems is here.
And why ppl are reacting. It couldnā€™t have been any of us. Without knowing. And you get banned for something you dident know. If we support this. that they get banned for clicking extra on the email they send us. Then I say we all deserve the banned hammer. Itā€™s not ok to banned ppl like this. Remember that all the players are in the same boat. And as a player you cannot support the banned. Because one day it might happened too me. oo you. Just think about it.
Iā€™m and end game. And I would have clicked multiple times on the email. I just recently learned that you can only click 5 time lol

1 Like

This is all I see reading this:

6 Likes

something that they put in the game not me is not a cheat is my point and apparently you donā€™t understand sarcasm I didnā€™t seek this out it was simply there and I did expect some sort of response but this was not anything more than claiming mail its just not what people are making it out to be there was no warning just a passing of the buck to the CUSTOMER itā€™s not stealing you canā€™t steal from a console game itā€™s impossible they gave a gift I took it

2 Likes

I do like this I just want to stick up for the players who do care mostly fan boys and suck ass on here so if they want to make an example of someone do me I donā€™t care but a lot of people were wrongly banned but I truly hope people stop playing because of this because it was handled poorly