Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse 🔥)

well as much entertainment as this has been this is where I must bid you all farewell no ill will meant to anyone on here I just simply disagree with a lot of you I’m about to head to the beach for week can’t wait I implore you all to remove this toxic game from your lives and get outdoors peace

Apologies for a poor-quality product - this is correct. But blaming the client for using substandard products is nonsense.

1 Like

Except the opening post, the post by @mld-81 is the only post that makes sense in the entire topic. :+1:

Endlessly trying to justify using an exploit hundreds to thousands of times and saying you did nothing wrong is just plain silly.
Endlessly trying to explain to the people doing the justifying that they’re wrong is also silly. They’re not going to listen anyway. Haven’t you all learned the first rule of internet forums yet?

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS

@Lyya @Cyrup @Kafka @Saltypatra : This topic essentially ran its course immediately after the opening post. Maybe it’s time to put a lock on this?

8 Likes

I can see both sides of the arguement and have no official stand - just wanted to point out that the use of trolls here is a bit loose. it’s just people that were caught out trying to defend themselves, which I think they have every right to do considering it was a bug at the fault of the devs, and a unique one at that.

Devs have every right to punish how they please and I will take whatever the result is, just don’t go being the judge on the devs behalf. These players are allowed to voice themselves, they aren’t trolls.

2 Likes

Judge, Jury and Executioner’s side is the only one that matters - Developer/Publisher.
It’s their game and their rules. We are only allowed to participate if we adhere and follow their rules.

I think that this game needs the EULA agreement in-game directly, when it’s 100% explained and clarified on all such matters.

So, when you login to the game, each time that there has been some update, both minor or major one, there should be an option to ACCEPT or DECLINE the EULA agreement. Also, this agreement should be accessible at all times, manually. If you DECLINE it, you can’t play the game and the game should start uninstalling for good.

YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING END USER LICENSE AND WARRANTY AGREEMENT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND MUST IMMEDIATELY RETURN IT FOR A REFUND FROM YOUR VENDOR OR 505 Games.

This software program, any printed materials, any on-line or electronic documentation, and any and all copies and derivative works of such software program and materials (the “Program”) are the copyrighted work of 505 Games, its subsidiaries, licensors and/or its suppliers. All use of the Program is governed by the terms of the End User License and Warranty Agreement that is provided below (“License Agreement”). The Program is solely for use by end users according to the terms of the License Agreement. Any use, reproduction or redistribution of the Program not in accordance with the terms of the License Agreement is expressly prohibited.

1. Limited Use License. 505 Games hereby grants, and by installing the Program you thereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license and right to install and use one (1) copy of the Program for your use on either a home or portable computer. You may not network the Program or otherwise install it or use it on more than one computer at a time. The Program is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Program.
  2. Ownership. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, text, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, and “applets” incorporated into the Program) are owned by 505 Games or its licensors. The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. All rights are reserved. The Program may contain certain licensed materials and 505 Games’ licensors may act to protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
  3. Responsibilities of End User.
    A. Subject to the grant of license hereinabove, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Program, or remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Program without the prior consent, in writing, of 505 Games.
    B. The Program is licensed to you as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
    C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
    (i) sell or transfer reproductions of the Program to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Program to others without the prior written consent of 505 Games; or
    (ii) exploit the Program or any of its parts for any commercial purpose including, but not limited to, use at a cyber café or any other location-based site. 505 Games may offer a separate Site License Agreement to permit you to make the Program available for commercial use; contact 505 Games for details.
    D. You must back-up to another secure location, on a regular basis, any data files concerning your use of the Program as 505 Games has no liability for lost or corrupted data.
  4. Program Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this License Agreement, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement and you agree to remove the Program from your home or portable computer.
  5. Termination. This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by destroying the Program. 505 Games may, at its discretion, terminate this License Agreement in the event that you fail to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein. In such event, you must immediately destroy the Program.
  6. Export Controls. The Program may not be re-exported, downloaded or otherwise exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. By installing the Program, you are agreeing to the foregoing and you are representing and warranting that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
  7. Limited Warranty. 505 Games EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM AND MANUAL(S). THE PROGRAM AND MANUAL(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. ANY WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT THAT MAY BE PROVIDED IN SECTION 2-312(3) OF THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE AND/OR IN ANY OTHER COMPARABLE STATE STATUTE IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Program and Manual(s) remains with you, however 505 Games warrants up to and including 90 days from the date of your purchase of the Program that the master disk on which the Program is furnished shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. In the event that the master disk proves to be defective during that time period, and upon presentation to 505 Games of proof of purchase of the defective Program, 505 Games will at its option 1) correct any defect, 2) provide you with a product of equal or lesser value, or 3) refund your money.
  8. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER 505 Games, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
  9. Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that 505 Games would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that 505 Games shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this License Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as 505 Games may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws.
  10. Miscellaneous. This License Agreement shall be deemed to have been made and executed in the State of Minnesota, and any dispute arising hereunder shall be resolved in accordance with the law of the State of Minnesota. You agree that any claim asserted in any legal proceeding by one of the parties against the other shall be commenced and maintained in any state or federal court located in the State of Minnesota, County of Hennepin, having subject matter jurisdiction with respect to the dispute between the parties. This License Agreement may be amended, altered or modified only by an instrument in writing specifying such amendment, alteration or modification, which is executed by both parties. In the event that any provision of this License Agreement shall be held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining portions of this License Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.

You hereby acknowledge that you have read and understand the foregoing License Agreement and agree that the action of installing the Program is an acknowledgment of your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the License Agreement contained herein. You also acknowledge and agree that this License Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between 505 Games and you and that the License Agreement supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement, either oral or written, and any other communications between 505 Games and you, including any inconsistent written license agreement accompanying the Program.

1 Like

I don’t see how what happened is even covered in it what happened is not any of those things

That’s what support is there for. The opening post specifically says so and even links to support.

Which makes any and all complaining/crying in this topic by affected players completely pointless and IMHO (but feel free to disagree with me as it’s just my opinion) nothing more than trolling…

3 Likes

salty doesn’t make you right

1 Like

doesn’t make you right your service agreement your stooge posted doesn’t cover what happened

No I get your point, not trying to start anything here. I just don’t agree that it’s trolling that’s all - I do think players should admit their fault, and if they aren’t they’re not really stating a valid defence.

I do think they have the right to argue against the ban as a result of their wrong doing, as I feel it goes both ways here. Ultimately I don’t think the devs would’ve started this as an open thread if they were just expecting players to contact support. Salty even mentioned “ohhh dear I don’t think my body is ready for this”, which to me says they planned for player responses and responding to them - of course, who would give up a friday night beer for this, it’ll just have to wait till Monday.

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to come up with: “sometimes other people will do a better job of voicing your arguments than you can do yourself”. And you went and did just that.

I don’t have a problem with people testing the waters in this thread. It should have been fairly clear early on what the community response was, though. Continued fishing for sympathy or “technically correct” points did nobody any favors.

3 Likes

Google translate:
So I saw a lot of people saying
It was Baned because it took more than 1000 Gems and was used up.
Then when these capped players contact Dev
Can you use the following means as a punishment?
How many Gems are acquired using the vulnerability, and how many Gems to buy to make up
Then complete these before a certain point in time
Dev deducts these extra Gems from the background (make sure the account has it)
If you can deduct it, don’t do Baned. If you can’t deduct it or not enough, Baned is the final result?

I have to admit that greed is the original sin, but if you sincerely regret and correct, God will forgive?
The purpose of punishment is not punishment, letting them recognize mistakes and correct them. Isn’t it the purpose of punishment?

Exactly, we don’t know exactly what all happened, and never will. For all I know some could of set up a bot or click program to keep opening the mail.

Support tickets are private communication between yourself and the company and should be treated as such. Removed.

1 Like

enjoy ur vacation dp the crime pay the time

In reality, people who took advantage of this exploit were attempting to take advantage of all other players, too. So, I fully support the Devs taking action like this, even if it is considered by some to be extreme. I also hope that few reprieves are issued.

4 Likes

Taking advantage of a glitch 100+ times is “correctly banned”. It could be argued that by the time you see the same thing 20 or 30 times you should be very aware something is off, but I respect the devs being a little more generous.

Taking something 7000 times that the game intended you to receive once is not cheating, I agree.

It’s called exploiting.

You exploited a glitch in the game to gain an unintended amount of resources, and you were correctly punished for it.

2 Likes

I agree but it’s not the first time it happen. You remember people were able to buy zull goth without spending orbs? Technically these people were exploting the system. In this case they just removed the troop from inventory. I dont say i support people who exploited that bug but i just think we should see some constancy in the sanction

In that case the reversion was quite easy. Just like it was for the people who acquired gems but didn’t spend them. The devs were consistent: if you exploited the system but they could fix your malfeasance, you dodged a ban.

4 Likes

So… Devs have to choose between:
1- Ban the guilty?
2- Take the Resources back?
3- Do nothing.