Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„)

While I appreciate the sentiment, this is not even on the same scale.

A troop is not spendable currency and can be removed cleanly. It was probably no more than a quick database search to see who had it, and possibly a single operation to remove it from all affected accounts.

If someone obtained 70,000 Gems through an exploit and then spent them, there is no ā€œcleanā€ way to handle the mess. If they spent the Gems buying Gold, for example, and then dumped a bunch of LTs, which gave their guild members tons of resources (Glory, Traitstones, etc) and those members then spent themā€¦it becomes nigh impossible to clean up.

Instead, people who excessively exploited the glitch (100+ times is excessive) were banned. I really donā€™t see the problem here.

10 Likes

a player hacks the game and makes 4k PVP without losing, wins 15M and spends them in TL: that player keeps playing
a player hacks the game and creates 6 accounts, with the 6 accounts he makes an average of 1k PVP with each account, he gains 30M, he puts the accounts in the guild of his legal account and 30 TL ago: that player keeps playing
do you see the problem now?
if you forgive this you have no moral authority to punish anyone

I think 99% of us think that they deserved a small punishment
But for some reason a lot of u think that the whole guild should be punished and the devs donā€™t need to ever get good at their job

If this were a family, the devs are alcoholic parents, that beat a kid to death for misbehavior, then took toys from all their siblings out of spite

Thereā€™s an accurate analogy Lol

2 Likes

it absolutely broke no rules

the problem is you canā€™t make the rules after the fact

how on console

If you banned from the game you should also be banned from forum lol

2 Likes

[Lyya: removed ad hominem again]

Tbh there is no point in arguing in this thread anymore. The devs have stated their stance and i highly doubt they will read any of these posts, except maybe the most liked ones. Your best bet is to explain yourself in a ticket and hope they change their mind. If they dont, suck it up and move on

Strike two. Personal attacks are not allowed on this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

I donā€™t care Is what you donā€™t understand people can come on here and attack peopleā€™s characters because of a mistake by devā€™s and thatā€™s ok as long as they take your side f*ck off

Sigh.

34 Likes

Wow @Lyya i didinā€™t know you had that power :slight_smile:

1 Like

She never abuses it. Thatā€™s why. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just in case you need it in the future:
perma_banned

But jokes aside i think there is little to no point on keeping this thread unlocked Lyya, since Salty and the other devs arenā€™t around to have any say on the matter, wouldnā€™t be better to lock it until Monday?

4 Likes

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Sirrian Why are entire guilds being punished for the actions of 1 or 2 individuals? Why deduct trophies? Can you buy trophies with exploited gems now?

3 Likes

Shows you how much I know about the exploit, didnt know it was only console.

Trophies are usually only removed for other things, like botting in PvP

What he saidā€¦:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

It wasnā€™t only console.