Ghulvania Power level

This is kind of an “elephant in the room” situation. Someone should probably say something.

Here’s one of the first posts giving feedback in regards to the “Kingdom Helper” offer:

That was two years ago. There has been a pile of bug reports and feedback threads ever since, at least half a dozen each year, like this one:

It’s usually getting “brought up with the team”, with nothing ever happening as a result. One would think that a “live service game” that is being “worked on incrementally” should be able to get something, or even anything done in two years. Unless your aren’t even trying.

I’ve had to write “political correct” messages like these myself, so I kind of understand the pain. For those less familiar with this particular type of communication, what is being said here is this:

Hey, we couldn’t care less about those Daily Deals, quit pestering us with feedback already. The Kingdom Helper offer is entirely server side, some quick fix change wouldn’t even have taken us an hour. If you still haven’t heard the message loud and clear after two years, this isn’t going to get worked on, ever.

I believe it would work out better if you just communicate the plain facts without embellishments, that Daily Deals are set in stone and will stay as they are, no matter the feedback. There obviously would be some grumbling, because from community perspective the requested changes are very reasonable. However, in the long run this would save the community the effort to write further feedback on the topic and you the effort to write something suggesting the feedback mattered in any way.

9 Likes