[WIP] Daily Deals - Discussion and Critique

Solution: increase the price of the Legion Booster offer.

Has anyone been offered an event pet in the “Pet Gift” offer?

I have been offered the same pet three times so far because it is the only non-faction non-event pet I need to gain a kingdom power level. So that’s my anecdotal evidence of no faction or event pets in offers.

5 Likes

I have multiple kingdoms locked due to pets, and have been offered Blackhawk x2 (4 pets total), Pridelands x2, and Leonis x1. So four of my five offers have been for a single pet, and the other was for three.

I still have 7 kingdoms blocked due to no mythic, but have not been offered a pet for those kingdoms.

Mini-mimic, Shymera, Manticub…I blank out on names sometimes…

1 Like

Imagine that, they finally showed me an Imperial Deed and I bought it. Took the game long enough. If only I could tell the game, I’m interested in X item, sell me this stuff only.

2nd daily offer I’ve bought, 1st being a 75 gem Gaard Medal which I pitied since I could make those 75 gems back in tributes pretty easily. (I’ve since then ignored every 100 gem Gaard Medal)

Legion Booster is alright, but I don’t need the keys. This is a pretty expensive overall daily. I wonder what’s the most expensive combo someone has seen so far?

1 Like

Got this on an alt:

Must be trying to offer me the gold at a “discount”.

3 Likes

Forgetting about the “value” of the offer for a moment…

The game is catering the deals to the player - at least the middle offer. Every day for the past 6 days, I’ve gotten the 100 Knight XP offer.

I didn’t buy it any of those days. Take a hint? I’m not interested in saving 15 minutes for whatever the gem cost is.

Surely, they are measuring purchases vs offers. At what point, will this offer be replaced with something I might buy? Pets or something?

2 Likes

Take a hint? Level up your Knight so it doesn’t show up as a requirement for next kingdom power level.

1 Like

He’s not next in line, yet :slight_smile:

I highly doubt the algorithm is sophisticated enough to take turned down offers into consideration.

However, it seems you are the victim of bad RNG. I’m in the same situation with Sword’s Edge. I need to level one last pet to 20, and I need to get 9 more levels on the horrid Knight class. In the last 6 days, I’ve had pet offers and class offers.

My knight it at 71, he’s not blocking advancement - troops are so its not attainable.

Knight isn’t so bad now with Hadley, just use Champ of Gaard and cpvp is pretty quick.

2 Likes

That’s pretty worrisome that it keeps offering you something that isn’t blocking progress.

2 Likes

Others have noted the same thing. It focuses on what is blocking, that is under player control, but ignores things that are blocking, not under player control (e.g. troops). It should only continually offer things if that and that alone will allow advancement.

3 Likes

I’m torn. I want pets to be offered even if they are not exclusively blocking, because I cannot easily control when I will get a chance to acquire more copies via the normal (pet gnome) way. However, it’s quite easy for me to gather class XP, and I do so whenever I notice that a kingdom is blocked that way. I don’t want to see those offers, except maybe as a notification that I should go level a class up a bit.

2 Likes

As shown in the screengrab from my account, the required level to not have the Knight class favor task be offered is currently 80. The fact that the required number of troops is not yet available is not relevant to the Class Favor daily deal being offered.

1 Like

Agree - but it doesn’t make sense. Even if we have the class at 80, the kingdom won’t level. It should look at barriers to completing all tasks, not a single task.

It’ll make sense to you once you stop mythicing event troops during events, or a new pet gets released. It’s just hero xp is never a good deal.

1 Like

That’s how the system is coded. Each Power requirement is an independent check regardless of the relationship between the the Power task requirements.

Is the first task completed? No. Is it possible to complete the task? No, there aren’t 28 troops available. Skip this requirement and move on.

Is the second task completed? No. Is it possible to complete the task? Yes, it is possible for the player to reach level 80 in the Knight class. Therefore, issue the Class Favor task for the Knight class.

The system is no more complicated than that.

4 Likes

That is pretty much exactly how I suspect it works. Seems to fit with what we are seeing.

2 Likes

I got 3 Shymera and 10 foods for 150 gems today…

Out of curiosity, how much does VIP 6 cost? (Axe’ing for a friend)

In olden times, 800 Microsoft points was 10 money, until it was decreed that Orcs like myself were too easily deceived by false currency, and MS pts were banished from the land.