Gems of Streaming

Will there be no change to weapons and their upgrades, so we will be able to deactivate or turn off a weapons upgrade or two?

Lyrian, i think this would be better explained as:

“Towers have a single color requirement for troops, which means that at a Blue Doom Tower, you can only use troops which have Blue as one of its colors. Hero(ines) are not color restricted.”

Just avoid confusion for people who missed the stream. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anything known about the rewards of the new Doom Event?

Is the leaderboard individuals, like raid/invasion? Or guild, like guild wars?

Wait… so unlike Faction event, one sigil isn’t enough to play the whole floor? You have to paid a sigil for each rooms you gonna play? And Unlock scroll is randomly placed in one of the room, and player must wish to get lucky to find it on first try if they want to minimize sigils spent?

In high-communication guilds, this only apply to first player who reach each floor first, as the information where Unlock scroll is will be available to everyone in the guild. But for the rest, floor progress is majorly based on luck and sigils bought? That’s wierd…

Guild based.

The leaderboard is based on how many dooms the entire guild has beaten.

Just a correction to this - Luck Scrolls count as 2 Dooms. :slight_smile: I missed that part of the stream, so not sure what they said. Luck Scrolls will also be given out between a range of floors across the event (so within a group of X floors, there will be one Luck Scroll for every Guild).

Edit: Clarified the restriction on scrolls per a group of floors only applies to Luck Scrolls

2 Likes

@Timeknight.

1d9d5fffddcb03ec446411dfef818ef9

2 Likes

Corrections/adjustments made to the stream notes based on feedback. Thanks, all!

2 Likes

Adding onto this from beta observations, the leaderboard is by guild and has a payout structure similar to Guild Wars, at least for Bracket 1 (subject to change, of course, before going live on the production servers by the devs). That said, top guild prizes appeared to offer comparable “gem values” to top Guild Wars payouts, but did include actual gems in the event leaderboard prize payouts.

1 Like

i’d rather the stream only have sirrian on it and we can watch him polish his head :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

We are well versed in your Sirrian appreciation, Tech.

1 Like

Have a T shirt made of Sirrians face to wear during your streams. :grinning:

1 Like

war every 4 weeks? :roll_eyes:
that was the reason why I loved this game :cold_sweat:

I hope this new event can be compared to the guild wars otherwise I do not think I will continue to play

1 Like

@kappadocio someone said the leaderboard is guild-based like guild wars. I’m as upset as you are, but hopefully it will be kind of comparable in some ways to GW. Willing to give it a shot.

I don’´t know if it work by bracket but if that the case the leaderboard rewards doesn’t seem really good. People were complaining about this for gw but it look worst, #1 only win 500 gems and 50 copy of the doom troop so the guild #100 will pratically win nothing

1 Like

Scrap the whole thing and add another guild wars week.

Yep, just tell the magic word: “Please”.

So 25 floors and 5 battles for each floor… that’s a lot…

But there are other rewards structured on progress, something Guild Wars doesn’t have:

Honestly i don’t think it’s fair to measure a game mode solely by it’s rewards. The structure, theme and organization required for this event can be enjoyable to some guilds/players while also being bothersome to some others.

The Doom Weapon looks like a boat oar… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: