Gems of Streaming

Well, I’d except those very top guilds (and quite a few not quite very top guilds) to get quite vocal when they don’t place as well in the gem race as they think they should. Especially after an ongoing bidding war that keeps increasing the stakes until all other parties end up broke (and subsequently blame it on Guild War, because placing very well in that event appears to give a huge advantage in this event). That’s just based on a casual glance into my crystal ball though, it might need some fine-tuning.

I do not agree.

What Doom requires is that all thirty players use all their free sigils, if it is 4 a day, that would be 28 sigils each a week not including Valravens (and in my first 8 Raid battles today I got 4 Valravens)… The first couple tiers of these modes are like 30 gems and 60 gems, so as long as everyone does all 4 battles + any Valraven bonus battles, the leaderboards should be fair and balanced, with only the top % or so of guilds ranking highest on LB based on gems spent.

As much as I know it’s just one top 100 leaderboard, with scoring being open ended, so those guilds collectively buying only the first couple shop tiers will not show up at all. Unless, of course, all other guilds buy less than the first couple shop tiers. I’m not part of the beta program though, so my insight is pretty limited.

1 Like

I assume it will be a 100 guild leader-board, I’m pretty certain that a lot of those guilds towards the bottom 50-100 will be more reliant on player participation than gem spending – this is only my opinion, I have no beta experience either…

Streaming next week: Salty does her hair while drinking coffee!

Why not “Ozball does his hair while drinking coffee?” Why does it always have to be about Salty? :cry:

11 Likes

Adding onto this… there will be a strategy component to the new event. Although a guild could outright throw crazy amounts of purchased sigils at the event to “win” via brute force, guilds that employ sound strategies might not rank first on the leaderboard but can “full clear” the event with far fewer sigils used. However, there is a RIsk vs. Reward component involved as well (the fewer the number of sigils used by the guild as a whole, the riskier achieving the later prize tiers become).

Looking forward to observing “optimal” risk v. reward calculations from the community on the new event.

I should be be able to make it home in time from the Monday evening campus gig to provide forum bullet point notes for those who can’t watch the stream live.

6 Likes

You are my favorite scapegoat when anything goes wrong in the game servers. This must count for something. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Not sure I can make the 4.1 preview. Any volunteers to grab notes and post them after ?

Literally three posts above :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I will also be there to resume in SS for the people who can’t watch 2h of stream

2 Likes

TODAY IS D DAY!!! Are you ready? Me and Ozball will need to highly caffeinate ourselves to survive.

i would put cyrup in charge of the coffee so when your mug is close to be empty she refill you :slight_smile:

ltypatraGOW Communications Ninja

22m

TODAY IS D DAY!!! Are you ready? Me and Ozball will need to highly caffeinate ourselves to survive.

I thought that was your natural state.

My heart pumps coffee instead of blood.

1 Like

@Saltypatra and @Ozball are live now showing off all the new features in the upcoming 4.1 patch.

Watch live right now on Twitch!

3 Likes

The stream is freezing very often for me… But that’s not too bad:
:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Stream Notes: 4.1 Patch Preview

– Teams can now be reordered in the Troops menu.
– Daily tasks are visible in the Troops menu.
– Inventory tab has been streamlined for readability, with collapsible categories.
– Search filters can now be saved.
– Flash sales offers can now appear for players when certain conditions in-game are achieved. (On stream, a new legendary was pulled, which triggered a flash offer to buy the upgrades for it).

– Battlecrashing: Troops with random extra treasures can now randomly appear in PvP/Explore (think Moa Thanksgiving 2017 event).

Mail

– Now contains a Gift tab to receive player gifts. (See Gifts, below).
– Guild Invites appear as a tab in the mailbox when one is received.

Guilds

– Guild Wars formally confirmed to be moved to once per four weeks (from three).
– Four week event rotation: Raid Boss → Guild Wars → Invasions → Tower of Doom
– Guild QoL updates are NOT in this patch. Still planned for a future update.

Gifts

– Gifts are received when cash currency is spent in the Guild shop. (Guild keys only at launch of 4.1, possibly more purchasable items at a later date.)
– Gifts can be gifted to other guild mates, who receive 25 gems to the person who opens the gift.
– Players cannot give gifts to themselves.

New Event: Tower of Doom
– Guild based version of delves
– Unit deaths are not permanent between rooms in the event.
– Towers are mono-colored restricted (troops must use the mana color of the event). Hero(ines) are not mana color restricted.
– Doomed (event) weapons are purchasable at Tier 4 in the Event shop, or craftable in the Soulforge during the week of the event.
– Event troop is a “Doom”. Dooms of [element] are mono colored. They are also the floor bosses. They are purchasable in the Event shop, and winnable for leaderboard placement.
– Tower has 25 floors. Path and rewards through the Tower is unique to each guild. Communication among guild mates highly advised regarding locations of Unlock scrolls or rare scrolls.
– There are new room combinations in the Tower (as well as normal delves) in 4.1
– To clear a floor, the boss room needs to be unlocked. To do this, an Unlock scroll on that floor needs to be found.
– If a cleared room does not yield an Unlock scroll, it will yield a Boon scroll.
– Boon scrolls are analogous to leveling a Treasure Hoard for the event, yielding stat points for the entire guild.
– Stat points require additional stat (Life/Attack/Armor/Magic) scrolls for each additional stat point of the same type per player (1 for 1st point, 2 for second point, 3 for third point, and so on)
– Special types of scrolls drop from non-boss rooms, including Haste, Luck, Fireball, and Heroism scrolls. Haste grants a free sigil. Luck scrolls count as two defeated Dooms. Fireball instantly clears a non-boss room (with rewards). Heroism scrolls instantly clears boss rooms (with rewards).
– Risk v. Reward - Guilds can race to the end of the tower, minimizing sigil use, but may not receive enough stats from boons to clear the harder floors of the tower.
– Scoring: 1 point per Doom room cleared per player in the guild. No partial credit for killing a doom and failing the room (like with Zuul’Goth).
– Defeating bosses yield elemental forging scrolls (that match the event mono-element type). They are used to upgrade the Doomed weapon. (This upgrading process was not demoed on the stream.)

– Per Alpheon (dev), scrolls will also be given out between a range of floors across the event (so within a group of X floors, there will be one Luck Scroll for every Guild).

32 Likes

@Razzagor bringing the goods and making my day!

A huge thanks to @Lyrian.

6 Likes

Yay, a summary for Europeans!

2 Likes