Gems of Streaming

Twitch replay: Twitch

2 Likes

I think itā€™s great we get to see the team but this last stream shows one of the major issues glaringly imo. Nim herself hasnā€™t had any experience with endgame or even mid game meta teams. If one of the people who designs the game has no experience of the grief weā€™ve got accustomed to, how on earth are they going to be able to see/do anything about it?
Iā€™m not doing her down at all, itā€™s brave to go on camera and put yourself under such global (on a gow scale) scrutiny, but itā€™s pretty clear that sheā€™s maybe not a hardcore player like most of the forum users.
I hope I have got my point across without offending anyone.
Thanks for the stream and @Saltypatra, my vote for your next hair is a mythic hairdo of your favourite mythic! So thatā€™d be brown, green, purple for yasmineā€™s chosen for example! I hope you like it but if itā€™s too expensive for three colours we could run a kickstarter!

3 Likes

Just to, uh, step in here.

Both Sirrian and Nimahin often run late game accounts for testing purposes. However, these arenā€™t their preferred accounts, or the ones attached to their developer handles. (Especially because if they pulled a mythic on an endgame account and everyone knew it was them, global will typically try to drag them in. :P)

Nim specifically wanted to come on and play Arena, or run more unusual teams in PVP. That was her goal from streaming.

So, I just wanted to clarify the point about both of them having frequently played on endgame accounts. If you want to ask them more about this, Iā€™d recommend submitting a question in the Dev Q & A thread or tuning in for the next stream.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up as it didnā€™t come across in the stream. Looking forward to the mythic hair. Lol

1 Like

Hey team! Sorry about the awful Aussie internet. At the conclusion of our Q&A Sirrian decreed that we would try to find a better office with better internetā€¦ (Now he has to stick to this!)

The next stream will be the same bat time, same bat channel. 10 AM AEDT on Tuesday 17/10/17. Which is 7 PM EST 16/10/17.

Sirrian will be joining me, and we will be previewing thingsā€¦ OOOOOOH how exciting! As it will be a preview video, I will be adding it to Twitch as a highlight and making it available as an edited video.

12 Likes

so dial-up internet is still a thing in au?

ā€œPreviewā€ means patch coming soon (ie within one month))? :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. :stuck_out_tongue: (everything is subject to approval processes etc.)

1 Like

@Saltypatra

I can be very critical when there are obvious problems with the game.

However, I just watched the twitch videos, and this was wonderful. Iā€™m looking forward to the next stream! It was nice to see both Nim and Sirrian give detailed answers to the majority of ā€˜hot topicsā€™. Please continue this :+1:

Sadly thats the fastest we have here :frowning:

Your reminder that I will be streaming with Sirrian tomorrow at 10 AM AEDT, which is 7PM Monday evening EST. Feel free to ask Steve questions while I make him play on his account. (No more losing on my account, yay!)

We will also be doing some previews and sneak peeksā€¦ Canā€™t wait to see you all there!

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to watch the stream live, so can someone who does answer a question about the UI that will probably get previewed:

Is the ā€œexit this screenā€ button on the top left or top right of the screen? GoW has trained me to use the top right, and it is very uncomfortable for me to use the Dungeon and Soulforge right now, since they require me to stretch my thumb across the entire screen to reach the ā€œbackā€ button (I play one-handed because my hands are large enough to do most things in-game).

1 Like

@Saltypatra

Gems of War tshirts possible, or do you not license art except for in game?
There are companies that you send art file, they pay you everytime they print that shirt.

Hey everyone! Going live in 5-10 minutes. In case you need the link it is here Twitch. Sirrian will be joining us!

1 Like

oh well that was fine for the time it last :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the internet! Hope you enjoyed the new UI!

Thanks. Can you resume which tabs have not be done with the new UI (I know the shop one)?

Chest pvp and shop are same then before

1 Like

id pay for a revert to classic gems ui button! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

respect. 10ch

1 Like