Gems of Streaming

5.6 Preview Stream Notes
July 5, 2021

Gnome-A-Palooza

• 4 new gnome units, from the gnome band Mana Surge.
    • Names: Baz Bonebeater, Cindi Savagelips, Freddi Fretfiddler, Hoagi Humbucker (credit: Neritar)
  • Drops verses when defeated (1 unique verse per band member).
  • Combine the four verse pieces in the Soulforge to create a Gnome-A-Palooza.
  • 4 Gnomes (except Cedric, pet gnome in only in PvP) will then spawn in ALL battles that can spawn gnomes for the next 15 minutes.
  • All gold earned is doubled while Gnome-A-Palooza is active.
  • Gnome-A-Palooza is a single-player event.
  • Players may stack multiple 15 minute sessions (there will be a display bug at launch if more than 1 hour of duration is stacked, but does not affect the functionality of the event or the time awarded).
  • New music plays while the Gnome-A-Palooza is active.
  • A timer with the remaining time left in Gnome-A-Palooza will appear on the World Map.
  • Band member gnome spawn rate is lower than other gnomes (normal spawn rate during Gnome-A-Palooza)
  • Minor Glitch: Hero is not replaced by a gnome in PvP, but the player will earn 4 gnomesā€™ worth of prizes.

Misc

• New Heroic Gems added to game for future campaigns (no details given).
  • 2 new Warbands in this update, replacing 2 existing warbands (Armored Legion and Entangled Woods; credit: Neritar). Replaced warbands may come back in the future.
  • Side note: The devs currently do not have the functionality to manually manipulate the Adventure Board. May be added as a dev tool in 5.7.

Lycanthropy Changes

• Lycanthropy now behaves similar to Transform in that the targetā€™s level becomes halved on transform.
    • The visual effect for Lycanthropy (the devour part of it; not shown on stream) has been replaced to better differentiate the status effect.
    • There is a new unique audio effect to signal when Lycanthropy has been inflicted upon a unit as an audio cue.
    • Lycanthropy transforms now act as a kill for task completion.

Other Bug Fixes

• Valravens will now award sigils when transformed by Lycanthropy.
  • Spells that duplicate gems now work on Doomskulls.
  • Banner count now correctly adds Warband banners to a playerā€™s total.
  • A bunch of visual UI glitches are fixed.

Misc

• First-time Gem purchase bonuses are renewed for all players.
  • Task skip costs are now show on the skip button itself.
  • No new kingdoms in the short to medium-term future.
  • No planned changes to timing of events during Guild War weeks. Devs are fairly settled on the current status quo.
  • Tower of Doom more often than once every 11 weeks? Salty: No comment at this time.
  • Patch timing: Not this week. Could be anytime starting next week or any point thereafterā€¦
  • The devs canā€™t duplicate the explore crash on consoles. Theyā€™ve tried to duplicate the issue without success on internal consoles.
30 Likes

Armored Legion and Entangled Woods

2 Likes

Got the names of the band members, by any chance?

Baz Bonebeater, Cindi Savagelips, Freddi Fretfiddler, Hoagi Humbucker according to Taransworld, and looks like confirmed on stream

2 Likes

Will the team slots and banners from the removed warbands be unobtainable? Iā€™ve only been offered enough coins to buy one warband since they launched.

Thanks for the stream notes!

2 Likes

They said they would come back at some point in the future, but did not give any sort of timetable for that.

I love the idea of the gnome a palooza. THIS is the kind of fun new injection the game needs, not stupid lycanthropy.

So will the 4 new gnomes be new troops? Available only by VKā€™s?

4 Likes

@Saltypatra What about the pet count? Iā€™m showing as 2 missing pets but I have them all. The team slots count is also fubar. Will these be fixed as well?

1 Like

Do you have all the platform-exclusive pets? I think thatā€™s what is missing.

How am I supposed to get the pets exclusive to other platforms? I have no pets showing in unowned.

4 Likes

Is it ok if I copy this message to share it with my guild, so much info? :upside_down_face:

No idea other than getting the Steam Puppy and Droidbot on the same account. XBox has 2 exclusives and Playstation has 1. I guess the max for anyone is ā€œall minus 2ā€.

Oh I canā€™t wait for that gnome thingy, itā€™s been a long time since something new was fun, or I hope it will be fun and beneficial for the player, what could possibly go wrongā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t want to be mean, but there might be too much hype for it, and base rates of spawning these 4 gnomes might be pretty lowā€¦
Especialy that they:

Which means, you might be having multiple copies of 3 verses while missing 4th type for weeks :wink:

But thatā€™s only me. I see this change as possitive, but i expect much lower impact on gameplay, than it is expected from comments.

3 Likes

Same as the gnomes before? No real use but the only way to get them in the collection is by Vault Keys?

Anything else required in addition to the four verse pieces, like a Pet Gnome Bait? Gnome-A-Palooza sounds way too good to be true, I just canā€™t shake the feeling thereā€™s a hidden catch somewhere. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Catch is simple:

There are 4 unique verses. In other to create that Gnome-o-something players needs to have 1 of each. Each verse can be obtained from 1 exact new gnome (one verse per gnome, assigned 1:1). These 4 new gnomes have LOWER chance to spawn then any other gnome already ingame.

Soā€¦ just imagine having multiple copies of 3 verses and missing 4th one for a month or fewā€¦ :wink:
And it might be similiar to other players, but they will be missing other verseā€¦

@Sytro You really know how to ruin a party, donā€™t wait for an invitation to my awesome birthday party! :crazy_face:

1 Like

@terberos I prefer to cut down the hype early, instead of looking at people disapointment once update goes live, but I wonā€™t mind to be wrong on this. Iā€™ve just shown a borderline example: where rng is screwing player - that might not be the case of every player, but at least some will be on that spot :wink:

4 Likes

Was there any talk of these new gnome drop rates compared to each other? I hope itā€™s the same for each.