Gems of Streaming

Sad that War Coins have been so rare that now for many endgame players, like me, who have been unlucky enough to get few WarCoin offers (or none at all!) will for who knows how long be literally unable to get the banners leaving the shop :frowning:

Excited for the new gnomes, happy lycanthropy will be ā€œfixed,ā€ but hard to smile at any of that given my opening sentence.

15 Likes

So this gnome thing, the end result is just double gold for 15 minutes? Is that it? Gold is the least of this games problems. You need to start working on the shortage of deeds and existing modes that need updating.

3 Likes

No, the end result is fighting teams that contain four gnomes for 15 minutes. Gnomes that each drop their special loot. This is likely a few 10k glory and a few 100k souls, plus a lot of other goodies. Whatever you get from 150 - 200 loot rolls.

5 Likes

Are you sure it will be 4 gnomes per battle? That sounds too good to be true.

See above:

Yep, 4 gnomes per battle is exactly what we saw on stream; complete with 4 gnome-crasher animations at the start of battle, which was hilarious.

(And with the slight caveat noted above that in PvP there were 3 gnomes + the hero but with rewards granted for 4 gnomes at end-of-battle.)

4 Likes

Any indication of how will this interact with the VK Pity Counter during Gnome Weekends?
:thinking: :crossed_fingers: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to spamming PvP during gnome a plooza for higher chance of pet gnome.

Oh good point. Trigger gnome a plooza during gnome weekends for those VKs. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna put on my Nostradamus hat and say Gnome-A-Palooza will be ā€œsuspendedā€ during Vault weekends. Or replace it entirely.

Uh, in the past they found it easier to just nerf rewards insteadā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
ā€œWe cut gold from PvP in half because you were all abusing gold farming!ā€

3 Likes

For the first time in almost two years, Iā€™m actually excited about this update coming soon. Gnome-a-palooza sounds like a ton of fun, it might actually make E1 with Ironhawk worth doing while itā€™s active. So my question is this: Is it worth activating Gnome-a-palooza as soon as you get the four verses needed to activate it? Or wait til a Vault weekend? Iā€™m curious to hear what your strategies will be regarding Gnome-a-palooza.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not expecting much from Gnome-a-palooza. If history is anything to go by, it will take 6-12 months of crappy RNG to gather the unique verses for just 15 minutes of fun.

3 Likes

Vault weekend is when you will likely get the 4 you need. A couple might get lucky enough to get 4 but not very likely many will do it. It will take a minute to get those 4 you need for sure.

This 4 gnomes thing will be too rare and totally useless in pvp or at least wonā€™t worth more than a pet bait. No use to defeat 4 pet gnomes when only one pet rescue can be active at any given time.

Iā€™m mostly looking forward to the update. Iā€™m just hoping the drop rates have been tested and are in line with what they want them to be. After the EVK and HOR rates had to be adjusted after releaseā€¦Iā€™m skeptical.

Go for it.

There has to be one. Itā€™s just too good for what it is. Especially, as shown on stream that the band gnomes can spawn during the Gnome-A-Palooza.

Clearly, the meta here is to farm as fast as possible during the 15 minute window. Ozball on-stream nodded towards this, as well.

It does not take much thought to come to a conclusion that if one farms as fast as possible (hello Ironhawk teams) and that band gnomes spawn during the event, whatā€™s to stop perpetual farming loops?

The only way I can see this event not being perpetually farmed is if one of the four band members has a MUCH lower spawn rate than the other three. If a player can farm fast enough to get all four band gnomes to spawn in that 15 minute window, the event is perpetually farmable.

No comment was given. However, anecdotal observations of the matches being played suggest they are behaving like normal gnome spawns, which should count as gnomes for Vault weekends. Will have to see the reality on that, though, once the next Vault event arrives after 5.6 releases.

7 Likes

@Fourdottwoone the catch is finding a pet gnome outside of a Gnomeapoolaza event is going to be 1/270 matches after 5.6 is released.

1:30 times 9 possible gnomes.

Iā€™d ask them to change the drop rate, but theyā€™ll most likely use Gnomeapoolaza as a shield.

In theory that would work. But I doubt many will do pvp during a Gnomeapoolaza. So itā€™ll be interesting to see how rare pet events become.

When should this update be released?

They donā€™t ever officially say until it releasesā€¦ but knowing my luck itā€™ll be next week, when Iā€™m on my first actual vacation in 10 yearsā€¦

I would like some buffs to all the crappy mythics.

1 Like