Gems of Streaming

Looking like it. With 4.8.0 being the next update, 5.0.0 is looking like June or July-ish, which is pretty much where Sirrian conjectured it would be back on the last dev Q&A.

1 Like

2 Likes

Does this mean an additional weekly event will be added on top of guild wars, towers, tower of doom, raid as well?

Salty said she was not authorized to discuss any of the future scheduling changes. Something as large as a major version update is going to be presented by Nimhain and Sirran on a Dev Q&A stream well before Salty gets authorization to talk about it on one of her weekly streams.

Although, based on how she presented this information on-stream, I think it’s pretty safe to assert that 5.0.0 is close enough now (2 updates away) that some basic form of the update has been settled upon internally and is out of the whitepaper stage, with coding started on it.

1 Like

Will there be a Druid or a Salty Class?

How about more uses for treasure maps?
Should we feed them to Salty until she comes up with more uses?
You know I like that idea.
I only have 5 mill treasure maps.
I hope you eat a lot.

One can only speculate at this point. But considering invasions are soon getting to the point where every troop type has a siegebreaker and a few months later, every kingdom will have a godslayer, I suspect those two events are on their way out. No doubt to be replaced with new and improved gem sinks :grin:

I’m not complaining, I’m excited for what’s coming. And they need to make a living too. It’s just a bit too “in your face” sometimes.

From what I remember from last Dev Q&A I watched, Aprilish is when a new monthly event will happen due to no new classes being released.

He (@XLS78) said “relative to.” Meaning in comparison with peers. We’re not debating whether A is good or bad, but if AB+C = 1,2+3

(Add1 more variable bc gow)

How’s that? We all saw new troops, they belong to “Werewoods/Urskaya”. Will it be changed at the very last moment? And I’d like to remind that Maugrim Woods’ faction is Hell Gate (very probably, of course, “not set in stone”).

I dont even know which one is right anymore

So I went back and wrote down all of the quest givers for the Underworld so far…

Ferit (Karakoth) is the quest giver for All Seeing Eye (Darkstone)
Alastair (Khetar) is the quest giver for Hall of Guardians (Whitehelm)
Luther (Broken Spire) is the quest giver for Crypt Keepers (Sword’s Edge)
Tezca (Suncrest) is the quest giver for The Warrens (Pan’s Vale)
Dark Song(Grosh-Nak) is the quest giver for Fang Moor (Khetar)
Tau (Sword’s Edge) is the quest giver for Dark Pits (Mist of Scales)
Atlanta (Divinion Fields) is the quest giver for Sunken Fleet (Bright Forest)
Tassarion (Glacial Peaks) is the quest giver for Silver Necropolis (Silverglade)
Elwyn (Pan’s Vale) is the quest giver for Stonesong Eyrie (Suncrest)
Raven (Mist of Scales) is the quest giver for City of Thieves (Leonis Empire)
Prince Ethoras (Bright Forest) is the quest giver for Wild Court (Divinion Fields)
Princess Elspeth (Silverglade) is the quest giver for Mirrored Halls (Glacial Peaks)

Azura (Merlantis) is the quest giver for Sea of Sorrow (Merlantis)
Rowanne (Forest of Thorns) is the quest giver for Primal Rift (Forest of Thorns)
Brian the Lucky (Zaejin) is the quest giver for Amanithrax (Zaejin)
Keghammer (Stormheim) is the quest giver for Frostfire Keep (Stormheim)

I’ve come away from that thinking consistency isn’t Gems of War’s strong suit… =/
The inconsistent list might be due for another tally. Welcome Werewoods, I guess.

Another fun one to keep track of is to see how long until they duplicate a quest giver… (I’m assuming there has to be at least one since Luther was the original quest giver for Sin of Maraj)

5 Likes

It was stated on-stream that the current link to Urskaya is incorrect. So yeah, it would have to be fixed before the faction goes live on Friday to change the link to Maugrim Woods.

Also, from a relevant cross-thread Salty post:

Game data is not “official” until that game data actually hits the live production servers. That really shouldn’t surprise anyone here.

5 Likes

It sounds like a pretty ambitious goal to get that adjusted in such a short time frame, I seem to recall that GoW content usually gets impossible to change several months prior to its release. Kingdom power levels stay unlocked even when you no longer meet requirements later on, so there might be some incentive to prey on less well tested resource changes on Friday reset.

1 Like

Will the new update affect game protection? and when will the resolution of my question begin?

and this is why you shouldn’t upgrade urkskaya to 14 before the event! Doh! Why 14? Because 15 would cost me gold in PvP for the stat bonus. <shakes fist at the 4.7 update>

1 Like

Lucky it was urkskaya after all. I should wait next time so I don’t have to worry when there’s a change. The PvP reduction and having to not use the deeds maximally of course is still an issue.

1 Like

Please can we have a stream with a dev beating Werewoods level 500 with all Faction troops next week? Hoard level 100. You can easily set this up on your accounts :slight_smile:

I think it would be interesting to see how the creators of GoW approach this challenge, would be a refreshing change from the usual format too :wink:

15 Likes

You are dreaming, they will never do it. They know they cannot, they know they are not solving the issues with Delves and as with most things they do not care. It does not affect their bottom line so the Publisher does not care therefore the Devs don’t care either.

3 Likes

Bonus: No potions. And every time they lose, everyone gets a vault key. I know it’ll never happen, but maybe if they just get a taste of how frustrating it is, they’ll understand our rage a little bit.

7 Likes

Yes please! I would like to see that too. But not Salty, she is not good enough. Maybe Ozball. And i would allow potions too. Maybe put out code for every potion they have to buy.

3 Likes