Gems of Streaming

For what it’s worth, shouldn’t showcasing a pure faction team be essential part of any delve preview stream? We are supposed to excited about new delve coming up, we are supposed to tremble with impatience to get our hand on that shining, brilliant, mesmerizing, enthralling underworld team and take it for a spin…aren’t we? It seems the best way to invoke that sort of player emotion might be demonstrating that even an official spokesperson can beat pure delve.
(At least, I might be tempted to watch preview stream post factum - 4AM on a workday morning not being the best time for following live.)

8 Likes

I haven’t watched in a while.
But is it true (from those more devoted please) that she has stopped playing against Life and Death teams during her fight clubs?

1 Like

from the times I’ve had time to watch, she’s dodged a majority of them

2 Likes

So if it’s true that she is avoiding life and Death PvP defenses.
And I assume she will choose not to do 100% Faction team runs at Delve level 500.
If the public face of Gems of War is avoiding doing the most difficult aspects of the game during streams about the game (including Faction previews).

How does that make the balance of the game appear to be?

Salty is a super casual gemmer so perhaps the game shouldn’t be scaled to her.
But she can have all the troops, weapons, and everything max power (including kingdoms).
So if she has a difficult time doing Delves with a 100% Faction team. Then shouldn’t that be a wake up call to all parties involved?

2 Likes

well to be fair, she also has to deal with opponents with nearly double stats of her since she keeps her account at level 100 ish.

Looks are deceiving. Her level is low but I think she uses dev hacks to have more power than a normal level 100. But even if I’m wrong, that doesn’t change the fact that she can play as any level that she wants to and any power level that she wants to.

If I’m not mistaken, she also has’nt leveled her kingdoms very far. Why should she? She does’nt need gold, gems, or any other kind of income. She’ll never have to spend anything to get a troop or a pet or anything else. Which is part of why her gold disparity in PVP is so prominent.

I haven’t dev hacked my game outside of resources and troops. I repeat, I have never dev hacked my account to have more power than a normal level 100 outside of the troops, classes and resources. My kingdoms are low level, my stats are super low, as you can see if you watch any of my streams.

I regularly fight teams with double the stats of mine, and do win. I’m also more limited in the teams I use, because I am previewing upcoming content, so it must be included. I play a lot of PVP so I can fight viewers on stream, because we think it’s fun.

You are free to criticize me as much as you want. I play gems across a few accounts of different levels, but I am not a hardcore player. I work with Gems of War every day, and I play when I can. However, this is my job, and while I love this game, if I played it as my only title outside of work hours I would likely go stir crazy. I need some separation between life and work, even though I do play Gems of War in my downtime. It just isn’t ALL of my downtime.

4 Likes

Maybe you should and give yourself end game stats.

4 Likes

ahah, cheat on your own and cover others, now everything is clear and the structure of the game is clear

Someone may need this later.

2 Likes

You are missing a lot of context Viet. I test troops on my account on stream, and have always be honest about this. I give myself the new troops so I can preview them, and show them in action before they release.

2 Likes

@killscreen I’m not saying I enjoy it, but I won’t stop you. Until it turns abusive I won’t step in, as long as any behavior towards me adheres to community guidelines. Do I agree with it? Not always. Do I like it? Typically not. Am I going to punish you for voicing your thoughts on the game? Of course not, as long as it doesn’t violate community guidelines.

Is it going to affect me if it’s unecessarily cruel? Yes. Will this change my behaviour? Over time, unfortunately yes. Everyone is human.

1 Like

Not criticism at all.
But basically the whole point was discussing why you don’t do 100% Faction team runs during your Faction Previews.

5 Likes

Salty, I have a special diet for you UNTIL you come up with MORE ways to use treasure maps.
I am not saying to get rid of the treasure hunt mini-game. Far from it. It IS fun to play from time to time, but it does get boring after the 1000 time doing it.
So, until you come up with new uses for treasure maps. you can only eat treasure maps and drink water. No coffee.

giphy (14)

Why dont you do a full faction run when reviewing a new faction?

I honestly don’t think I have the time. I know that’s not the answer you want, but it is true. And I’m not only referring to the streaming time, though that enters the equation too. I play through the storylines, show off the troops, and preview the Delve. Doing a full Faction run would eat into a significant amount of this time.

Also, I would need to relentlessly play the max delve before streaming, which is several hours out of my working week. I don’t have that kind of time in my wokring week, and unfortunately also do not have the luxury of that amount of free time available in my personal life. I wish I did, but the reality is that at this point in time I lead an excedingly busy life, and what precious downtime I have I don’t want to be putting towards work. I already work a lot, and often over weekends as is. I know that both of these reasons aren’t what you want to hear, but they are why I don’t do what you are asking me to do. I’m sorry if this answer doesn’t please or suit you, I just wanted to offer some transparency on this.

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies. Do you have time to upgrade your Treasure Hoard during your stream? Maybe you wouldn’t have sufficient gold to get to 100. Depending upon which treasures you have available, it could take between 300k to 800k. And a lot more if you raise it to 100, or higher.

And then as the game pauses while the treasures do their little dance while the hoard upgrades, it cuts into time that could be spent earning more gold. Never enough gold to go around these days. Thank you. :blush:

I think this was the important point there, and moreover, the ever-emphasised ‘fun’ factor (“We’re in the business of making fun”).

I think Salty tries to make her streams fun, and to have fun while playing, and those aspects of the game are avoided (at least the L&D teams, in particular) because they’re not fun, which should be telling, as @awryan said.

11 Likes