Gems of Streaming

There wasn’t much in the way of concrete details dropped, just reiterating the parts of the game that are being reworked (arena, pvp notably), and that we’ll be getting new events of some kind this year.

1 Like

Heads up, I will be bundling our 4.7.5 Update Preview stream into the Werewoods faction preview, as it’s only a very small update.

6 Likes

Do you have any idea when you plan to implement the (promised) Kingdom that will add Death, Plague, War and Famine under a single Kingdom, so that we can use the Event Keys for them?

1 Like

I know the patch adds…

valentine skulls and removes Christmas skulls.

Will this include any pure faction run (preferably at delve level 300+)?

11 Likes

Updated the schedule!

2 Likes

Will there be any future plans where ALL changes will be detailed in patch notes or at least reposting any stream announcements on the forums afterwards?

3 Likes

I seriously doubt that will ever happen. They aren’t going to publish internal coding changes, nor are they going to publish any “secret sauces” regarding internal game mechanics that have not already been publicly made available (such as the variables that affect the dynamic difficulty system for each game mode or the planned expected length of time/investment needed to realistically clear a game mode [aka the request post for a level 300+ faction run above]).

For example, Salty is unlikely to come out and say that for the average Delve player, a hypothetical expectation is to have an effective hoard level equivalent to the level being attempted, either Hoard 200 + 50% from Power 14 (in current power creep terms), or Hoard 150 + 100% from a hypothetical Power 19 that is probably at least 6 months to a year minimum away from happening at a minimum. Salty is absolutely not going to publicly talk about unreleased content/power creep outside of what she has is explicitly authorized to discuss on stream.

But, I suppose, public-facing strategies can always change. So, “you’re telling me there’s a chance”, then? Maybe, but I sure wouldn’t bet my mortgage on it happening though.

Today is the day! 4.7.5 is a small update, so I’ll be running through the patch notes.

In regards to stream announcements, I do make sure to share the bigger ones on the forums after the fact. However, the stream is used as a live environment to show you upcoming content and updates. That is it’s purpose. You can also play back streams if you miss them when they are live.

The fact that something was left out of the patch notes last time was user error. We apologised for it and highlghted the parts that were missed. There won’t be anything showm on this stream that won’t be in the patch notes upon release.

5 Likes

I hope this patch will have more xp in explorer instead of one.

And some balance changes, like eliminating Bless from Life & Death weapon.

1 Like

There already is a way to get rid of bless on LD weapon

It shouldn’t be there to begin with; I shouldn’t have to curse it first.

1 Like

I stopped using LD in wars because it stopped getting wins. I guess I’m playing different people. There is way harder stuff out there than that

1 Like

Oh, it’s beatable - it’s just unnecessarily annoying and overpowered relative to many other weapons/troops. Hence, balance change.

2 Likes

If we get rid of everything that is annoying then I will go 30/0 every warS without any thinking. I want annoying and hard to beat stuff. If it’s hard for me then it will be hard for others trying to beat my Def. PVP I could card less. Go to explore.

Everything and anything CAN be beat.
The hoops necessary to jump through to beat it is what shows how unbalanced it is.
My level 20 troops can beat a team of level 500 troops.
Clearly that doesn’t mean that it’s balanced in a normal competitive environment such as PvP or GW.

“Unofficial” 4.7.5 Stream Discussion Notes

– A bunch of minor technical bugs, including a treasure hunt bug.

Double summon bug (IK/Harpies) has been fixed.

New Stuff

New spell effect: Added support for dual-colored storms via active abilities and traits.

New Adventure Tasks: Added support for “Special Adventure Tasks” (final name to be determined); replaces one of the daily adventures, higher rewards than normal. Planned to be used for special events and holidays.

Cosmetic QoL

– Holiday art is removed until next year. /shockedpikachuface

– When leveling up, the player’s level number is shown on the Mana Mastery upgrade screen.

– When clicking on a faction in the Underworld, clicking on the help “?” on the main menu for the faction will generate a pop-up with the faction’s pet and banner.

– After looking at a player’s roster in the Guild Roster menu, the menu no longer resets to the top of the guild roster.

Misc

Werewoods faction is linked to [EDIT 1/16]: Urskaya.
– No plans (likely ever) for a rotation of cosmetic pets on Saturday cosmetic pet events in the future.
– The weekly event rotation will be changing to… something… when 5.0 releases.
– A bunch of under-the-hood stuff to prep for the next update, 4.8.
– Treasure map update in second half of 2020 (Q3 or Q4). Nothing even remotely set in stone otherwise that there will be some kind of revamp yet.

20 Likes

In summer 2020 fair estimate?

New delve map preview: