Gems of Streaming

Great talk by Ozball, Salty leaves and Ozball answers question after question. And if he doesn’t know, he doesn’t know. But was extremely stingy with codes.

No codes for you!

3 Likes

Like Salty said, I imagine it’s really hard for one person to (1) play the game, (2) run through the list of topics to cover, (3) handle codes, (4) respond to chat, and (5) whatever else needs doing during a stream.

Do we know why Salty goes by Salty on-stream, but Ozball uses his (presumably) real name?

2 Likes

preference. Salty doesn’t want the stream to follow her home when possible. Oz doesn’t stream enough to care.

2 Likes

Salty was the one who set the code thresholds.

Early speculation: The patch is some time next week, since it was briefly mentioned that a 4.6 dev Q&A is coming after the 4.6 update is released, but it was only mentioned that it wasn’t possible to schedule it before 4.6 release and wasn’t possible this week either.

Card subject to change etc etc.

2nd guess is during Guild Wars, October 21st/22nd because lol.

Also mentioned: Patch isn’t this week.

Correct guess. Lol
Followed by a dev Q&A in Halloween costumes.
The following week.

Spoiler warning (because blurs are pointless really)

Sirrian will promise me trophies in explore if I’m a good boy for Christmas.

2 Likes

Thanks all for coming! Apologies if I sounded like a croaky frog.

8 Likes

You did awesome @Ozball

Really thorough overview and great questions were answered. Thanks as always for everything you guys do!

You sounded like someone who just pushed the update out to the publishers while everyone else is out having fun at the conference. :grinning:

Can you program us a table to flip in-game please? :gem_doomskull:

4 Likes

Does it unlock difficulty globally or you have to do it for each kingdom?

That sounds a pretty bad idea: devs are giving (once again?) a stick to be beaten…
Imagine all these players getting a bad board on the Mythic battle: “AI is cheating”, etc.

And I don’t get why we should do the 4 battles and the mini-boss battle to be able to use the Mythstone to do the Mythic battle…
Why not letting players choose whenever they want to do their Mythic battles?

Difficulty is global. You’ll only need to unlock 3-12 one time each, ever.

That is a very reasonable request.

2 Likes

It’s a time gating mechanism. The first four battles don’t mean anything other than to consume time and slow down the rate of acquiring/spending mythstones. Perhaps for younger accounts, they might serve to say “hey, this difficulty level might be too difficult for you”. Whatever the actual reason, this is intentionally designed into the explore run system.

1 Like

Let me see if I got it right. We’ll meet now and then mythic explores that drop certain items (tokens etc), that can be applied to the hero for various stat increase and they do stack. Do I read it right?

Do those extra stats apply in every game mode where the hero is in team? Are they permanent? How many medals/tokens can be applied at once?

If they’re unlimited, stackable and permanent, you just unlocked a pandora’s box…

Mythic bosses drop tokens, which can be combined into badges and medals that can be equipped to the hero.

The hero can only wear 3 at a time, but can changed freely without any costs.

Yes. These are global buffs. 3 at a time. The badges/medals go into those diamonds slots on the world map UI.

Of the 6 that are being initially launched, all of them are stackable EXCEPT the medal that provides mana to all troops at the start of the match.

That said, there is all but a 100% chance that more medals will be released in future, which will be provide power creep on medals, which could actually be Pandora’s Box. The sky’s the limit on what effects could be attached to medals.

Great, that was what I was worried about. 3 extra stats are not a huge game changer. I was worried you could equip like 1000 medals and become literally godlike, with enough time spent on explores.

That would have bonked every balance in every gameplay mode, separating hardcore players and account sharers from everyone else that’s playing normally, thus my hint to Pandora’s box.

If Pandora’s Box offered minor buffs. Sure.
It’s just a carrot for end Gamers. In the way Faction renown hasn’t made a significant difference. Neither will badges. The devs will make sure it’s the least amount of advantage as possible. Much like the 2% of the game that has Zuul’Goth. Yes it benefits those players. But it’s still basically an even playing field.

I mean the Mana buff is 5% so any troop that needs 10 Mana or less to cast. Will still start with zero Mana. (assuming no other troops are giving it a Mana boost.)
And the mighty ZG will start with 3 Mana. Oh my. :open_mouth: Lol

They’ll probably just power creep the medals in the long run. That will keep players chasing the newest and shiniest medals every update to replace ones that fall out of the meta via obsolescence.

1 Like

I’d really like Storms, including the ones featured as Weapon upgrades, to be equippable via Badges/Medals (or potentially something similar for Weapons). Too often I want to run a team with a particular class, whether for levelling or for strategy, but it doesn’t have the desired Storm. Making Storm Weapon upgrades equippable would greatly add to the versatility of a variety of Weapons and avoid pigeon-holing their use.

Anyone feel like making a 4.6 Discussion thread instead of flooding/gatecrashing this one?

Salty accidentally said Ozball’s name in stream, as she does with everyone including herself.

Give it up, @Saltypatra. Nobody is going to follow you home.

I really enjoyed today’s stream, I’d prefer content over blahblah, but I’m not like most, I guess.