Gems of Streaming

Okay, so it will come in October or November?
I know that patches or updates are a problem for devs, because of the expectations, but I would be happy if we could get the 4.6 update before December rolls in.

I’m not a dev, so I don’t know the release schedule. But the fact that Salty is previewing it suggests the devs are happy with the content and pretty sure there are no game-breaking bugs lurking in the changed/added code.

Okay, I will go a bit off-topic here, but still.
Of course, but you’re a Beta-Tester, so you (probably) have more information than most.
In any case, I hope that the update also addresses the issue which I encountered.

I often don’t find such bugs posted in their to-do list, though.

Not an “official answer” to the question… but historically, updates tend to land 7-14 days after their official stream preview. Even if that is missed because of unexpected circumstances, October is looking like an increasingly safe call.

3 Likes

And now that you mention it, the next Guild Wars starts on October 20, I think. I am claiming October 21 as the release date if we are setting up a forums betting pool.

6 Likes

Hmm. You actually have a good point there.
Again, players will complain again when the update comes during the GW week, but developers, or maybe just the Publisher, likes to poke people just like the rattlesnakes.
Too bad that we don’t have venom glands. :sweat_smile:

Join @Saltypatra Live right now on Twitch showing off the new Mythic - The Grey King! She will also show off the Delve for the Wild Court as well, and the more people who watch, the more codes she’ll give away! Invite your friends, family, and even your neighborhood pets to join in and share with the fun!

1 Like

Someone posted this screenshot of last night’s stream but I can’t find it in the VOD. Anyone got a source to confirm this?

EDIT: Yep it’s real, she switched to a dev build in an attempt to preview the Wild Court faction layout.

EDIT 2: No 4.6 Dev Q&A?

1 Like

It’s a thing that unfortunately happened on-stream, partially revealing something that isn’t yet ready for public disclosure at it is literally still in development on beta.

On the stream, Salty said in no uncertain terms that discussion of that screenshot and anything that could be connected or related to is 100% unconditionally off-limits before the public reveal. So, no half-teases/cleverly-disguised hints from me on this one.

Salty did announce on-stream that the public reveal of what that screenshot is a part of and the rest of 4.6 will be on next Monday’s/Tuesday’s stream.

She also stated on-stream there will not be a dev Q&A before 4.6 goes live, whenever that may be.

That’s about as much help as I can be in answering your questions.

4 Likes

You ask, why no 4.6 dev Q&A? Sirrian and Nimhain already had been on Q&A not long time ago. They have plans for about half a year, and they are pretty aware of our expectations. So they can tell us nothing new, and we cannot ask them nothing we didn’t ask in the past. I believe there will be some Q&A for version 5.0,

1 Like

5.0 will probably arrive in late 2020. That’s my guess.

PQ PQ PQ PQ PQ PQ!!! let’s do this.

2 Likes

Someone is excited again. :joy:

Are you guys ready? Less than 4 hours to go!

Today today today~

1 Like

I can’t handle the hype…!!!

1 Like

Excite Excitir Ecite Eytexided!

Drunk too. But yeah 4. new!!!

1 Like

Dictation will begin momentarily at the usual place in this thread, directly after @GoldPhoenix0 posts the stream link for viewing.

5 Likes

I hope the thread doesn’t disappoint :face_with_monocle:

4.6 Preview Stream Notes

Explore mode has been reworked.

– Explores now are a series of battles, similar to Arena runs.

General Flow
– Difficulty selection (between Tiers 1 and 12) [Level 1 = level 11 troops, Level 12 = level 250 troops]
– Players will need to unlock each difficulty tier (once ever) initially, similar to challenge tiers.
– Greater gold quantities drop match at higher difficulties, no modifiers for souls.
– Four consecutive battles at the chosen difficulty
– Enemy teams are comprised of teams built using the Team Builder from that kingdom.
– Fifth battle is a mini-boss battle, that yields a number of Mythstones based on difficulty setting (subject to randomness in given range). Mini-boss battle always features a kingdom legendary.
– If the player has collected 100 Mythstones after receiving the Mythstones in the 4th battle, the player will gain access to a sixth Mythic boss battle (else the run ends).
– The Mythic boss battle features the kingdom Mythic and will drop at least one Token (see below) and a guaranteed Arcane Traitstone from that kingdom.

Losing During Explore Runs
– Matches 1-4 have infinite retries.
– The Mini-boss (Match 5) only allows one attempt per run. Losing ends the run.
– The Mythic Boss (Match 6) only allows one attempt per run, as well.
– Losses during Matches 1-4 gives the player the option to lower the difficulty setting. Doing so returns the player to Match 1.

Mythstone Bonus Runs
– On the Krystaran Overworld Map, there are now orange indicators that randomly move round between kingdoms (similar looking to new class quest indicator).
– Completing a Explore run in a kingdom that has a Mythstone bonus indicator yield 20% more Mythstones than would be granted for a difficulty level normally.
– After completing a single run at the bonus rate, the player will need to choose a difficult kingdom to find where the bonus marker has moved.

Tokens, Badges, and Medals
– Mythic Bosses drop a number of Tokens, based on difficulty level chosen.
– At 4.6 launch, there will be six (6) types of Tokens, one for each rarity level.
COMMON: Gaard (Armor)
RARE: Yasmine (Life)
ULTRA-RARE: Cedric (chance for troops to auto-cleanse per turn)
EPIC: Aranaea (Attack)
LEGENDARY: Anu (Starting Mana)
MYTHIC: Nysha (Magic)

More token types are very likely to appear in future updates.

– Three Tokens evolve into a Badge.
– Three Badges evolve into a Medal.
– Badges and Medals (not Tokens) can be equipped to the Hero(ine).
– Each Badge and Medal offers a specific effect.
– These effects follow the same rules as traits. All badges/medals stack EXCEPT the Badge/Medal of Anu (gives starting mana).

Elite Levels
– All troops can now gain Elite Levels via feeding them Medals only.
– There are three (3) Elite Levels [Bronze, Silver, Gold] available at 4.6 launch.
– Although troops can be fed medals of any rarity, 100% chance for upgrade needs either a medal of the base rarity of the troop, or three (3) medals of the next lower rarity.
– Stat gains from elite levels are based on the role assigned to the troop.
– There will be no special skills/effects from Elite Levels in 4.6. (Possible in future).
– Souls are also used as a currency for feeding medals to troop.
– Troops with Elite Levels have a special indicator around their mana counter on their card.
– Elite levels in 4.6 will not affect Hero(ine) classes.
– Players can see opponents’ troops with Elite Levels in PvP/Guild Wars.

Misc

– The match status screen now shows banner and mana link color bonuses for both players in the match.
– Chat has been moved to a tab on the left side of the screen.
Stunning a troop will disable special effects granted by medals for that troop (Ex: Cedric Medal auto-cleanse), similar to disabling traits. Stat medals are not affected.
– [Android] Google Play cloud saving for accounts has been enabled.

34 Likes