Gems of Streaming

And no Treasure Hunt update again.

This is a mini-update, hence the X.X.5 numbering. A rehaul of Treasure Maps would almost assuredly not be in a mini-update. Your argument will be valid if 4.4 goes by without an update to the mode.

That said… at the very end of the stream, after I posted my summary of the patch content covered on-stream, there was a brief discussion about Treasure Hunt.

The devs are definitely considering ideas on how to revamp the game mode. That said, the current major roadblock is what to do with the fact that many veteran players have quite large stockpiles of treasure maps (thousands or more). If Treasure Map rewards are significantly buffed, and nothing else changes, then those players would have access to far more resources (such as gems) easily that would wreck the game economy from their stockpiles of maps that have piled up over the years.

Inserting my personal opinion here, my reading “between the lines” of the conversation would reasonably conclude that if and when an upgraded treasure map mode is released (again IF it happens somewhere down the road), that a new currency would be used to operate that mode. That currency, similar to Vault Keys, would be very tightly controlled regarding the rate at which players earn them to keep the economy in balance. Existing maps would be used to run the Treasure Map mode, as it stands today.

1 Like

Lol…2000 follower code was a tacet code…they didn’t give us the good code for more viewers with epic ingots instead giving old boring code for it…they really like the followers…I remember when we had the best 800 follower code in world. At that time they were thankful for followers lol

Lol, why? What good will this do?

The “good” code is for 200 viewers. Salty clearly states this in the Stream.

I can see how it would be frustrating not getting codes more frequently with smaller increases in viewer milestones, but follower count has scaled naturally and is speeding up with increasing amounts. The frequency at which these are given reflects this now.

1 Like

unless they made maps practically rain gems i doubt it would get ancient players to be able to sit through thousands of maps…only im crazy enough to do that…also stop bluffing with fake excuse of ruinig a fake economy by veteran players theres no way veteran players are majority of players.also has been stated in past treasure hunt is a hugely popular new player mode which is the most probable actual reason they wont buff it. xD

1 Like

Whenever I try to use some code, two hours from the time it was posted, it always says that the code exceeded the maximum uses. We are in a different time zone, so not all can watch your live stream.

It’s been over a month and there was not a single game code, maybe just one, that I was able to redeem.
You should really consider increasing the number of uses for the same code.

Unfortunately, those codes are designed for the people that are actually watching the stream at that very time

4 Likes

Thanks for this summary. Streams are a really difficult format for me to catch and watch.

1 Like

Treasure maps are a “GoW 1” feature, but the game is being slowly morphed into “GoW 2”, so I honestly don’t expect them to ever be changed or even acknowledged again. I foresee them introducing a new game mode which is similar to treasure hunt (where it exists in its own bubble independent of any other game progress), except with its own currency (so everyone starts at 0), its own pseudo-energy (“sigils”, etc), and its own shop that lets you buy more energy.

Don’t think I agree with you on this one. The devs do keep an eye on the “veteran economy”. If that wasn’t the case, gems in LTs would never have been removed. Similarly, the pricing of tiers in shop events were very likely chosen knowing how many gems per week a veteran player freely generates.

Regarding Treasure Hunt, on the Switch Q&A, Sirrian said that Treasure Hunt does not fit in with the direction the game is going. On the other hand, as you mentioned, Treasure Hunt is immensely popular with newer players. The implication one could take from Sirrian’s discussion on the matter on the Q&A is that because of the explicit popularity of the mode, that it will remain moving forward. The core issue is likely how to “staple” Treasure Hunt onto a general game flow that is not designed for it to exist. Treasure Hunt converts trivial to obtain resources into other functionally useful resources with no barriers or consequences to obtain (outside of time needed to play a match). Everything that has been released since the beginnings of the revamp have had as a core the need to spend in order to obtain (weapons) or for the opportunity to obtain (orbs, ranking prizes, etc), and so on. Treasure Hunt doesn’t fit this model. This will be much more visible, in general, once the core game modes (explore/PvP) have been revamped.

On that note, a couple brief other things that were discussed last night on the stream that were asked:

Weapons status? → No change in answer (don’t expect anything to be publicly discussed until the solution is 90%+ done and revealed in a future update preview stream)

Orbs of Growth? → New players love them, veterans hate them. Working as intended; no changes planned for the future.

Orb skyfalling/drop mechanics/“luck factor” → Working as intended; no changes planned for the future.

I am late game/veteran player but I know there are tons of people out there with far more then I have.

Fight club today?

Updated the streaming thread.

Please come along to hang out with me today! I’ll be answering questions about Gems of War, maaaaybe talking about 4.4, and running my fight club.

1 Like

@Saltypatra is live now with some Fight Club and Chill! Invite your friends, family, or even your fish friend name Bruce to watch live now, and the more that come to visit, the more juicy codes Salty will release!

But that was 20th May, wasn’t it? Will there be another stream on 21st May?

TImezones wreck me, I’m sorry! I’ll fix it now.

No synopsis of the last stream so far? Was there nothing astounding about 4.3.5 or 4.4?

2 Likes

I am out of salt!

I need more salt!

I am unsure as to how to get you more salt but I am here and I am salty and I hope that is enough?

3 Likes