Gem Poverty a.k.a. being forced to pay

The problem with this is that the game is asking me to spend more time on it. That’s fine, if I enjoy the game I will. In this case, it is not fine because my reward for spending time on it is just leading me into a pay wall of missed troops, weapons, both, leaderboards, etc. And if all that isn’t enough, the time that I’m spending delving is punished unless I stop at a predefined secret number in accordance with my level and troops.

I’m being punished by playing, and the cherry on top is doing astrology to figure out something that should be clearly written and defined. And by this I’m talking about delves, which encourage progression, but then punishes you for it.

6 Likes

Guys gem of war is like real life. If you been in the game for years. You have the resorse. you got everything. The house the car everything. You have you’re own company. You can buy everything. Work hard and you too will become a end gamer. Aka company man. But beeing and end gamer. It’s not fun either. got nothing too fight for. Becous you have everything. But beeing a newbe. The game is fun. Enjoy gems of war aka life will you don’t have it. Or fight for it on till you have everything it’s up too you. Complaining aint gonna help. It’s only gonna make you quit the game. Lol

[quote=“Demigod, post:22, topic:45897, full:true”]
Guys gem of war is like real life. If you been in the game for years. You have the resorse. you got everything. The house the car everything. You have you’re own company. You can buy everything. Work hard and you too will become a end gamer. Aka company man. But beeing and end gamer. It’s not fun either. got nothing too fight for. Becous you have everything. But beeing a newbe. The game is fun. Enjoy gems of war aka life will you don’t have it. Or fight for it on till you have everything it’s up too you. Complanim aint gonna help. It’s only gonna make you quit the game. Lol
[/quote

If joke, haha.

If you really believe this about real life, I pity you.

It’s not about what I believe. It’s about perspectiv.
And It’s about the game. Either you play it or you don’t. Or let the game plays you.

I face this paywall, as you call it, like an investiment. If i’m interested in having all the weapons then i must review many things and decide what’s best to accomplish that, the same goes for the leaderboards, the only dangling carrot i see there are some random orbs, except for the first place, but when i consider the usage of such orbs i quickly discards any urge to spend more gems in such events… Specially if they are boring… so this makes my use of gems more modest and thanks to that i don’t miss the weapons unless i’m unable to login for a whole week. The troops are eventually added into chests so no one misses them forever.

On this i agree, i had suspicions about the whole system and spent quite some time here in the forums, in many threads, suggesting people to not rush into it without considering the consequences… By now many learned it by force.

Are you aware the weapons are available in every faction event, so if you missed the ones this week the longest you’ll have to wait to see them again is 3 weeks?

That’s what Zeddicus meant: if you miss one, then you have time to save up gems to get it on the next rotation. “One day” that’ll be too slow to be feasible, but I’d rather not write page-long essays about “one day”.

1 Like

I know. I was more referring to the Raid/Invasion weapons in my comment.

Also, as far as the Faction weapon. Yes, now it’s not so bad. But, as you said, “One Day” that will be an issue. And with a new Faction coming every month, I’m sure “One Day” will come sooner than anyone will like.