Frustrated so far (new mythic)

1 Like

Your proposal is acceptable. -MIB

2 Likes

i disagree about legendaries being hard so far (for an end gamer) but the mythics yes…

i would prefer not to kill you as then it would get other devs more busy and delay guild wars and the crafting system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

but maybe can you admit will it have any form of crafting units? :blush:

we dont need details yet, just want to know is there hope at all…
or are you considering it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Once more…

FROM MY COLD, DEAD, SHELLACED HANDS.

4 Likes

Shall we pool some money meant for purchases and order a hit on salty’s hands?

4 Likes

Google 1st link is that: From my cold, dead hands - Wikipedia
So my guess is crafting weapons.

This is some illuminati theory crafting right here.

2 Likes

“Triangle-with-an-eye-inside” crafting? New currency to buy Mythic? :slight_smile:

Will we receive a free copy of the Guild Wars troop this week? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope! You only got one Guild Wars troop because of the delay. There will be no more handing out of the Guild Wars troops without playing Guild Wars.

3 Likes

Do you mean the one-week delay? Because it seems that the GW was delayed for two more weeks :slight_smile: .
So for two-weeks delay, we don’t get a free copy… :slight_smile:

I just said that because you are going to give 3 copies as soon as a guild is registred to a guild wars. So one copy right now is not the end of the world.

But thanks for the answer ;-).

1 Like

Until you suddenly go broke throwing event keys at a legendary and aren’t able to secure it, yes. But this week marks the first time that there are 3 legendaries in an event key pool at a time, and most certainly not the last. If the frequency of this increases, being in a guild that “only” completes the base tasks to level 12 and no legendary tasks may not even be enough to secure the legendary on the week it is out, after which your chances drop to zero for a month, then raises to less than 10% of what they were during the event week. Mythics are worse, yes, because the amount of resources you gain in a given month from normal guild tasks (and even legendary tasks thrown in the mix for most people starting within the last year) is not enough to actually gain enough ground to improve your chances of obtaining a past mythic past “shot in the dark”, ever. Legendaries are an eventuality, but that doesn’t give much comfort to that one person in your guild who dumped over 3 times the average, didn’t get what they wanted, and still didn’t have it by the next time that kingdom’s event rolled back around 28 weeks later.

2 Likes

Took me 460 event keys to get 1 tesla.
Got 9 carnex, 3 dracos and 1 tesla.

Nice way to start the week :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i like to think of myself as rather patient gamer
normally when new legendary comes out i only try to get one
but if i ran out of keys i would just wait till its event comes up again in few months (or i find it while trying to get new mythic once a month)
to hunt down legendary is quite easy (legendary drop rates even if there are 3 in the pool is still heaven compared to mythic drop rates when its just 1 mythic in the pool) and once a while there comes the opportunity to do it, unlike with mythics

1 Like

I think I have everyone beat. I started out with a comfortable number of 772 Event Keys before Tesla hunting. Am now left with a grand total of 72 keys. So I spend 700! Event Keys to finally get Tesla, hope she’s worth it. At least the last pull gave me two copies, don’t know whether to laugh or cry. New Kingdom Event right around the corner too…

It also took me over 1,000 Gem Keys, 3,000 Glory Keys, all my Guild Seals, then finally 50 VIP Keys to get StormHammer. My resources took a major hit these past few days.

1 Like

RNG != FUN (RNG does not equal FUN).
There are tons of articles about this, and it applies here as well.

How it works is (percentages/chances are made up, for the example).
There is a 0.001% chance a gem chest gives a mythic, that’s 1 in 1000 chests.
That means that every chest you open has the same 0.001% chance.
Which means that you could open a million chests and never see a mythic.

You could apply this same chance to a distribution instead.
Which means that the game would determine the outcome (at least the rarity of it, not the actual card), and distribute this over a thousand chests (for example).
This would mean that you still get the same cards, but after opening 1000 chests you WILL have your mythic.

The problem of course is that this is harder to code, as this distribution needs to be stored sever side.
It’s easier to just have a little chance formula for every chest opened.

Another solution is that the chance of finding a mythic increases with every chest you open that doesn’t contain one. Or just keep track of how many chests you have opened since the last mythic, and when that number exceeds the chance ( in our case, once you have opened a thousand chests without getting a mythic), just give the mythic then, or increase it’s chance considerably.

Any real solution does however require storing extra info with the player data (server side).

2 Likes

Got lucky this time with Stonehammer, just 200 gem keys.

I’ve been on the other side twice though, spending like 10000 gems and 8000 glory keys without seeing a mythic (Abynissia and Pharos-Ra). This also caused me to miss 2 other mythics due to inability to farm up enough resources for the monthly release.

1 Like

The entire slot machine industry is outside; they’d like to have a word with you.

2 Likes

The simple solution i saw in other games is - pity timmer. If you dont get a mythic in 999 glory keys, 1000 will be a mythic.

4 Likes