Frustrated so far (new mythic)

I’m going to wait a few hours after the event starts…
…and see how frustrated everyone is with getting 8 Carnex and 6 DRACOS per 1 Tesla…

2 Likes

I feel for you. That’s crazy frustrating.

If I were you, I’d hold out hope for crafting. When Sirrian brought up crafting during that discussion with Mage, the topic of conversation was the impossibility of getting missing base mythics.

2 Likes

I wonder if they ever will let us craft Mythics tho. Mythics is like the troops the game depends on nowdays which helds the game economy and several shop packs up.

Yeah I’m not banking too much on Mythic crafting for those reasons. I’d be happy with crafting Traitstones and … freaking Commons …

I am in the same boat, desperately wanted to get Stonehammer as i have plans for him… i destroyed literally all of my resources including my whole glory stack with no luck.
Now i am stuck without ressources, working to restock (even did the elves event for the couple of gems, though my plan was to skip that one) will most probably be unable to obtain Tesla, another troop i was really looking forward to, and also be unable to stock up on the weeks event arcanes. Nothing to do to comfort myself really other than stop playing the game for a while.

1 Like

Oh, I’m going to get Tesla to mythic, even if I get 20 dracos in the process. And you will most definitely not hear me complaining. EDIT: see bleow.

I feel for you Anna. I burned quite a lot of resources to get him too. It was frustrating indeed. I was lucky enough to get him in the end, though. I hope you can get him too. Good luck!

2 Likes

probability says you’re looking at 750 event keys to mythic tesla, just fyi.

1 Like

Probability says I can open 4,000 event chests, and still have enough resources to get the next 5 mythics.

When DRACOS was released I didn’t mythic him because I thought to save gems. I was swimming in gems then, I’m still swimming in gems now, but my DRACOS is not yet mythic. This is going to finally change tomorrow, and I’m not repeating the same mistake twice.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. I didn’t realize this was a thread for people who feel bad about themselves to make them feel better by hearing about other people who feel bad about themselves. Obviously I don’t belong here. I’ll be going off to boast in some other thread that is meant for shameless boasters like me.

4 Likes

Rub it in why dontcha?

I hereby apologize for being so insensitive.

thank you, 10chars

i hope you will get tesla soon :slight_smile:

i would completely give up on tesla if i could get this tank mythic :stuck_out_tongue: tbh i think he will be some kind of meta too…
already fight him in vp and it took a while to take him own

To the OP, yeah, RNG can be very painful in this game. My best suggestion is to spend the resources you have/can afford and move on. Most of the Mythic troops are so-so. Don’t stress if you can’t get one of the mythics as I’m pretty sure Devs are working it so that you can max the kingdoms without having all mythics.

NowayJoe2Go

At least you have a chance to actually get one. Console can’t even expect to get it until sometime next year.

Slow (like other mythics), clunky (like anything with random gem spawns that doesnt make things dead), occasionally fun to use, and may open up a few possibilities for building Guild Wars single color invades around. Hardly meta, IMO. There are far too many ways to deal with heavily defensive troops if they are on defense and on invade he is pretty slow to use as a staple.

Anything short of being able to craft troops would be the ultimate troll at this point, considering the original comment Sirrian made when he announced they were making it a priority after having a discussion about how hard it was to complete collections (even after the subsequent backpedal with “we don’t know what will be craftable”). I get the sentiment about commons being so “hard” because of the volume of keys you need to go through to mythic them, but functionally, commons shouldn’t even be an issue to obtain for an endgamer if you don’t open any gold keys between kingdom releases (though that creates another issue with only being able to open 50 at a time and literally taking 15+ minutes to open gold chests). Past mythics continue to be bordering on functionally impossible to obtain and becoming more impossible with each one released. Event legendaries continue to be literally impossible to obtain from keys for a month after the event, and functionally impossible for most people for most of the next event cycle. With three legendaries in an event troop pool, a whole additional set of people may need to sacrifice even being able to reliably complete their collections to even Legendary for nearly an entire event cycle, which is also kind of gross in and of itself.

The main issue is you can’t even keep targeting the thing you want and keep dumping in resources until you get lucky. For mythics, you have a period of time to get it by being not-unlucky, then a period of time where you have to get extremely lucky (extending indefinitely, with extremely increasing in severity as time passes), with most (but not all) having intermittent periods of times where you have to be three times as lucky (cost per benefit wise) as you would have been in the first place. For legendaries, you have a period of time to be not-unlucky, followed by a period of time where you can’t do anything but pull it from a legendary task (so, absurdly lucky and in a top guild), followed by a period of time where you have to be extremely lucky (again, with increasing degrees of extreme as time goes on), then back to not-unlucky (or to slightly lucky, if another legendary is added to the kingdom) after over 6 months, then back to extremely lucky.

The easiest, cheapest, and fastest ways to obtain things are all one in the same and there is very little agency in deciding what you want your resources to go to because everything is basically throw it to the wall and see what sticks. Thats the problem with the drop system the way it is now, and thats what crafting needs to fix.

5 Likes

i got 1 from 15 vip keys,and then another from about ~300 glory keys…

2 Likes

Just got the new mythic from buying 10 glory keys.
So i got it with around 10 gem keys and around 50 glory keys.

3 Likes

My lips are sealed! You will have to pry the secrets from my cold, dead, shellaced hands.

1 Like