Forced combo breaker in PvP? THAT DOES IT!

Add I understand it, in PvP the combo breaker is just gradually being shut off, not that the troops are getting the “buff” that they get on hard mode, correct?

To be honest, I thought this post by @Sirrian was actually quite funny :smile: I don’t think I took it the wrong way either.
We’re getting quite a few updates here. A results page in TH makes me quiver so much it’s actually orgasmic…! Bugger the added awards per 15 turns, I want to see that page!
Besides, if the combo-breaker makes it unfair for the AI, the Dev’s should switch it off permanently and just not tell anyone :wink:
Any queries into whether it is still in effect due to lucky AI gem matches, should be answered by, “Working as intended”

1 Like

I understand it and of course realise that a business has to make money and striking a balance must be very tricky. I never have an issue with a change that may limit a resource or not benefit someone that will never spend anything but their time playing the game. What makes me laugh is when same said devs gush about how something is good for you when for anyone with half a brain can see it is not always so (I just qualify on the half a brain, but only just).

I always smile when I read such posts and think of it like a time when being given a medicine that tastes horrible but your mom tells you that “hey its good for you”.

Still in my 30 yrs of gaming one thing I have definately learned is there is always something new to play when the game you love changes to the point where you just don’t want to go home anymore :smiley:

Even after the changes I will still be home for dinner.

This makes you sound super adorable sirrian. I love it so much.

I notice you didn’t actually answer the question.

1 Like

You’ve been watching too many presidential debates @RiverSong :smiley:

2 Likes

Truly, I haven’t watched any presidential debates. They’re not funny enough to be good comedy, not bloody enough to be a drama and not truthful enough to be a documentary.:wink:

7 Likes

I actually took his reply as, “No, c’mon are you serious…?”, but I could also be wrong.
But truly, even if the additional 10% gold, 10% xp and 25% souls weren’t added to the end result, it’s not a big deal.
I’m a VIP player because I chose to be. Agreed GoW is free to download and play, but playing freely isn’t how it makes coin for all those involved. I don’t know the cost total to get a player to VIP of level four, (equaling an addition 25% gold, 20% exp and 25% souls), but I was quite happy to pay to get beyond this level for the amount of enjoyment I have (and will continue to have) received from GoW.
I couldn’t tell you the last time I got this value for money from any other software title

1 Like

I’m at VIP 10 and like you, I’m there because I want to be. I have no problem supporting the game with cash because I truly do enjoy it, enough to also be a level 1000 player. However, I am seriously concerned about the code breaker being turned off in the new update. I guess we’ll just have to see.

1 Like

Sorry @RiverSong, the start of my post was meant for you about @Sirrian not answering @Hairyskinback’s question. But I should have addressed the rest of my post to @Hairyskinback :slight_smile:

I always wonder in games where people pay to support and in supporting the game garnish an advantage actually think about the ways you pay to make the game their money.

I have in the past spent money on such games and may do so in the future but I would say this about the players that do not pay in cash.

I know not what percentage of this game or any free to play games player base actually never spends real cash but what they do often spend in abundance is their time and that them merely being in the game gives it a player base to give those that do pay a viable group to keep the game diverse.

Those that pay do so to support a game they love or maybe to just get a good start if joining late and of course there are those that want to “be the best” and by spending they have the chance to achieve this with less grind than those that do not pay in cash.

I do to some extent miss the more simplar days before free to play (buy your perks) became what most of the gaming industry now aims for.

I don’t think F2P is that far off from the arcade days. Feels to me like it’s come full circle more than it’s lost its way.

Only reason to pay at least for me is to get those max troop packs.

I don’t believe troops get buffs on Hard mode currently, just that the combo breaker is off. That’s the only difference from Normal (where it’s on) and Hard.