[Fixed!] Game crashing since 8.1

Xbox One, crashes on every victory.

As noted above.

To get no victory rewards either.

Meanwhile, I’ve had no problems the entire weekend. Well, almost no problems: There was some noticeable network lag in and out of occasional battles (we’re talking 30-90 seconds of waiting between the last enemy dying and “Victory” declared), and this was actually during a GAP (meaning that in 15 minutes of real time I only completed 3 Explore runs instead of 5 – but I still got 7 Vault Key drops from Gnomes, so whatevs).

Again, I am in a longstanding habit of NOT attempting to “skip” through the victory declaration (i.e. any inputs while it is syncing the victory with the servers) so this is actually quite fortunate for me, otherwise I’d definitely be in a mood to not play the game (or at least, not run any battles) until a hotfix is delivered.

Hi folks, just an update on the hotfix - it is currently in QA.

We are working on getting it released as soon as possible and will keep you updated.

2 Likes

@Kafka And Guild wars this week???

Hey what were the last few things that happened before the game froze mid battle?
Did you cast a spell? If so, which spell?
Did your opponent cast a spell (which one?) and then when it came to your turn it was already frozen?
Or literally anything else that happened immediately before this?

No, I just got informed that the in game news might have gone out for it though which is I assume why you’re asking.

2 Likes

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

ok, re: Guild Wars it’s not on this week and it did also affect the Guild menu info so the team are already aware of both places showing Guild Wars will be on this week but it won’t actually be occurring.

4 Likes

That was fixed quick :rofl:

1 Like

I think it got fixed before I even replied haha

4 Likes

@Kafka Thanks!

Ah, I’d still like to know the answers to the questions I asked but just a heads up your mid game soft lock is related to this issue another player posted about here:

We’ve been looking into this and thought it had something to do with a bug that was already fixed. I’ve updated the bug report for the programmers the info from the thread linked above, but if you could add any additional info you have about your frozen battle in that other thread that would be great.

Apologies folks, for the spammy replies.

1 Like

Nice to see that you are back, @Kafka.:lion:

I hope you are feeling better, as there are some fires for you and your team to put out.

2 Likes

I think the last thing that happened was pharaoh auto explode. Then the shield animation which blinks when you have a barrier sped up

1 Like

Yes what happened was similar to this and hasn’t happened again. I was also using titan class

Ok that tracks with the bug about Pharaoh then. Hopefully the info you and the other player gave recently helps the team pinpoint what caused it. Definitely not related to the victory screen freeze.

2 Likes

It has happened to me numerous times. Usually right after i beat a battle. I defeat the last troop and then it goes blank and i end up at the home screen of the xbox. There are no error codes no warning. Just goes belly up basically. It has happened today September 9th 5 times to me already. I figured enough people would have reported it and they did but it seems to be getting progressively worse. I know fixes take time and there are a lot of lines of code to go through but please hurry its making me not want to play. And i have over 2000 days of actual game play… i have no life except xbox due to medical issues. But please hurry lol. Love this community

Now I wanna change my name to “The Other Player” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Heh. I usually do impatiently click through the Victory screen, especially in gnome-a-paloozas, and the Continue softlock was an utter PITA for me this weekend.

Yes, I tried to retrain myself to to McDoubleDad’s “wait for the spinning wheel” workaround, and yes, that mostly worked; but in the heat of a gnome-a-palooza it was so easy to forget, click too soon, hang the game, and have to haul ass off the sofa to switch to Steam / force-quit the game / restart the game / navigate back into Explore to continue the gnome-a-palooza.

I ended up doing more grinding for verse gnomes and fewer gnome-a-paloozas so I am at least nicely stocked up for the next Vault weekend.

3 Likes

It was a pain in the arse this vault. My tactic was to open my hands after each battle to stop me clicking A until the wheel stopped spinning. I reverted to type a couple of times but was successful for most part. They should fix this and give us an extra vault weekend.

5 Likes