Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Explore mode Ghulvania drop sample

3 Likes

It would be nice if explore mode had a 0% chance of dropping major traitstones. God knows we have an overabundance of those already.

3 Likes

Interesting… about 4.7% if you add arcane and celestial together.

1/19 (ish) is what I’ve seen (combining arcane and celestials), however, I’ve had nights were I get 1 arcane and all celestials (plus the chaff)… those experiences hurt.

1 Like

Isn’t that virtually the exact same as normal mode…?

That is the exact same data as normal mode. Is explore broken?.. @Sirrian @Nimhain

Runic should be around 15% (which this data is near), Arcanes 8-9%, and Celestial 3% if it was 2x, 3x, 3x

If it’s broken it’s been that way for a while. That sample took me a couple of weeks.

It is, 7.35% + 9.93% = 17.28%.

Also, we don’t actually know the drop rates for Arcanes/Celestials, but that example is incredibly low compared to how often I get Arcanes. I’ve gotten at least one Arcane every 20-25 battles at worst and have even gotten them twice in a row 2-3 times now.

I’m calling bad luck on this sample. Pray to the RNG god, Cthyryzyx!

(If I see an RNJesus post response I’m crucifying a cat.)

1 Like

Drop rates on normal challenges:
Celestial 1%
Arcane 2%
Relic 9%
Major 29%
Minor 59%

Assuming Relic x2, Arcane x3, Celestial x3 gives us Celestial 3%, Arcane 6%, and Relic 18%

That is 27%, leaving 73%. Assuming the ratio of minor to major remains constant, the projected explore rates would be
Celestial 3%
Arcane 6%
Relic 18%
Major 24%
Minor 49%

Your results were, when rounded
Celestial 1%
Arcane 4%
Runic 17%
Major 24%
Minor 54%

Your celestial was a bit low, arcanes a tad low, minor a tad high, but certainly close.

2 Likes

Does exploring on higher difficulty matter?

Only in terms of gold and souls (and xp?)

Difficulty has no effect on Traitstone drop rates in any game mode.

2 Likes

@efh313,

2 Likes

@Zelfore @Macawi

Thanks for the responses!

Pre 1.9 means that at the time there was a chance to get nothing which i think no one accounted for when calculating drop rates which brings us to our current drop rates seeming unchanged.

Everyone accounted for them. I’m not sure why you’d think otherwise.

Every report I ever saw back then started with: “When traitstones do drop…”

1 Like

Just checked the drop rates to be absolutely certain… Explore is working correctly. That sample has an unusually low number of Arcanes & a slightly lower-than-expected number of Celestials

5 Likes

In other words;

2 Likes

I have been hitting Pridelands mostly when doing my Daily Tasks (Console player) and I have a large sample of 2257 games that has a pretty close comparison to the stated drop rates by the development team.

I can take any sequencial chunk, even 1000, and the drop rates will be high or low.

Random plays tricks with the mind. It’s not TRUELY random in the sense that, over time, you get what ratios the developers set into the game.

1 Like

Here is my tracking data. I’ve only been tracking Arcanes:

First 10 arcanes before tracking but I switched to assassin class before doing exploring at 0 battles in assassin class and 0 of the needed arcane
Arcane 11 - 198
Arcane 12 - 230
Arcane 13 - 244
Arcane 14 - 253
14/253 set
14/253 total

(changed to archer class, 2913 start)
Arcane 15 - 2950
Arcane 16 - 2974
Arcane 17 - 2977
Arcane 18 - 2989
Arcane 19 - 2992
Arcane 20 - 2993
6/80 set
20/333 total

(pvp 2994 - 3120)
Arcane 21 - 3129
Arcane 22 - 3131
Arcane 23 - 3132
Arcane 24 - 3140
Arcane 25 - 3157
Arcane 26 - 3178
Arcane 27 - 3208
Arcane 28 - 3219
Arcane 29 - 3222
Arcane 30 - 3242
Arcane 31 - 3277
Arcane 32 - 3288
Arcane 33 - 3307
Arcane 34 - 3313
Arcane 35 - 3321
Arcane 36 - 3338
Arcane 37 - 3362
Arcane 38 - 3365
Arcane 39 - 3391
Arcane 40 - 3405
Arcane 41 - 3407
Arcane 42 - 3411
Arcane 43 - 3476
23/356 set
43/689 so far

(3477-3506 pvp - 1 arcane dropped here, not counted in totals)
Arcane 44 - 3516
Arcane 45 - 3517
Arcane 46 - 3531
Arcane 47 - 3541
Arcane 48 - 3565
Arcane 49 - 3570
Arcane 50 - 3580
7/74 set
50/763 so far

(3581-3621 pvp)
Arcane 51 - 3637
Arcane 52 - 3642
Arcane 53 - 3649
Arcane 54 - 3656
Arcane 55 - 3666
Arcane 56 - 3682
Arcane 57 - 3685
Arcane 58 - 3727
Arcane 59 - 3755
Arcane 60 - 3774
Arcane 61 - 3796
Arcane 62 - 3803
12/193 set (counting the 11 battles after arcane 62 and before before PvP where I got none)
62/956 total so far
(3815-3863 pvp)

Arcane 63 - 3883
Arcane 64 - 3896
Arcane 65 - 3930
Arcane 66 - 3937
Arcane 67 - 3949
Arcane 68 - 3986
Arcane 69 - 4018
7/155 set
69/1111 total
(pvp 4019- xx)

Thats about 6.2% over the total right now, or about 1 in 16.1. Projected based on community estimated drops from challenges and past experience (1 in 50, not 1 in 30) and multiplied by 3 would have been a 6% drop rate, and I figure the actual is pretty close to that, as my sets contain more streaks than droughts.

2 Likes