Error message during ascending cards with screenshot

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I was sacrificing Ifrit cards under ascension. This error message is making me force close the game to restart it because there’s no way to dismiss it.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
I don’t know

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
yes

Must be a popular moment for the game. I got a screenshot like that myself and came here to report it.

1 Like

Got the same thing (but 8166) when opening chests.

I’m getting the same error message for the past 10 minutes.

Same and it locked up my game twice.

No worries, I am sure they will get it sorted soon.

I’ve just increased server resources… SO many people playing right now O.o

Really hope so - I was just about to post similar screenshot. It’s definitely about connecting to the server in general, not about ascending - happened to me while trying to contribute to the guild and while opening chests.
There are also other errors (login error with very strange username provided and something else, I don’t remember exactly), unfortunately I haven’t done screenshots of them.

Event changeover is our busiest time of the week, but I think it compounded with the double-gold event to bring a lot of players online this weekend.
Our daily playerbase grew by 5%-10% over the weekend, and that has carried over into today’s event changeover to spike the servers pretty hard.

I’ve added 10% extra server capacity just now, so hopefully it’ll run smoothly from here. I’ll be around in the office for an hour or two keeping an eye on things though.

1 Like

It’s been bad all weekend. Hitting retry after every other match.

That RETRY error is different issue I think.
Our server provider, Parse, is closing down in January 2017, and we (along with many of the apps/games that use it will be migrating to new servers).
I have a suspicion that with a lot of migrations taking place, their available bandwidth is creating a problem for us.

Hopefully once we’ve done our OWN migration though, things will run much better!

3 Likes

I see. It certainly seems to have gotten worse since the update and especially over the Double Gold weekend. I assumed it had something to do with extra calls both from the update and from the increase in users.

(I know folks have called out Chat and you’ve already said it’s a separate server, so not pointing fingers there.)