Enter into this dungeon if you are Furry or otherwise are interested in them

Haha, due to time investment says a guy who is completely addicted to this game :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This game is easy to play though. RP requires hours on end of creative writing.

1 Like

Very true. Creative writing is hard when you have to do it for more than an hour or so. i can’t imagine the strain some writers go through to write a whole book.

1 Like

Tacet! That is so adorable :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Hehe, no problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious, if you don’t ask me asking, how you found out/ discovered/ got into this?

3 Likes

I initially got into it at 16, 5 years ago, when I watched Legendz: Tale of the Dragon Kings. I always knew of the furry fandom, but it wasn’t until then that I really started paying attention to it. I had the concept for my fursona within a month after that. I was pretty casual with it over the years, but then got really into last year. I started getting into RP where I got to meet many people from the community as well as some that are fairly well known. Since I had money of my own by this point, I also started commissioning art and the such. Despite always having a written concept for Tacet for years, I only started getting art of him about 9 months ago. I believe that covers everything in regard to that. The only thing I do not know is when I initially learned what a furry was. I believe it wasn’t until about 8 or 9 years ago, so it took me about 4 years of knowing what it was to decide to become a fan of the fandom and then another 4 before I was active in the furry community.

Art is expensive. The below piece was $70. I was initially going to split it with my BF, but I ended up paying for it in full as a Valentine’s gift. I even had to reserve a slot just to get the commission, which despite him offering several, that filled within 5 minutes. xD

There are quite a few statistics out there about furries on various websites, such as here http://www.adjectivespecies.com/2015/08/24/furry-demographics/ . I find it interesting because I fall into nearly every demographic. There were more furries in the USA than in any other country when I first started discovering about them, the most common age for people that are furries is my current age of 21 with the average around 23, and I am an agnostic atheist (actually, I am an existential atheist, but explaining agnostic atheism is a lot easier since it can just be summed up in one line: I do not have a belief in higher powers for the influence of such powers have no applicable influence on my day to day life. Since there is no way to conclusively prove either side, I remain atheistically neutral. Getting into existentialism would take much longer than that. :stuck_out_tongue: ) So yeah, I am currently the cliche of the furry fandom.

1 Like

Last time i checked but can not find any info on is that the community of furries is at 10k give or take a handful. I beleive it was when a furry convention sold out of tickets which was around that many people.

1 Like

It should be waaay more than that. No clue what the actual numbers are but only 0-1% to 8% of all furries would ever show up to a given convention. You have to keep in mind that not all furries have the capability to drive, many furries would be too far from a given location to go there such as out of state or out of country, and many furries never go to conventions or at least not on a regular basis.

1 Like

I may not be a furry, per se, but what I AM is a brony. You know, those weird people that watch My Little Pony. I’ve been fully on this ride since Season , and I have flat zero intention of stopping until the show finally meets its end. I hope it never does :no_mouth:

Aaanyway, since we’re all nice colts and fillies/furries/whatever the hell, I feel I should bring up what I am in the form of a pony. My profile picture is my original character, who I named Power Play because from the time he was foaled by his dam Gentle Touch, which is the cutest name for a mare that has a foal in recent memory, he grew up loving to watch/listen to local hockey games, later being able to hear/see them no matter where they took place. Doesn’t hurt that I like watching hockey IRL. Also, his sire Epic Win, one of those classic ponies who used the pony equivalent of an Atari 2600 to play his games, is a hockey fan himself. Go figure.

The only reason they could afford all that? Their hometown was Manehattan; where if your income wasn’t four digits in size every week, you might as well get your trotting papers to go to Ponyville. Every day Power would sit next to Epic Win, seeing what game he was tackling this time. He himself got in on it from time to time, either finishing or outright completing the game in question when Epic was getting tired of failing at one particiular point. Epic watched his little colt finish what he started, or ptrightplay a game to competion. Each one he best, Epic had to look at Power just in case it got the colt a cutie mark; while some of them were quite challenging, they weren’t what would get the foal his butt stamp. That would come later.

At this point, you would question how this sort of stuff exists in Equestria. Well, they have arcade machines. What came after those? I’m just adapting known technology of the world to what we would have at this point.

Soon after his 12th birthday, Power decided to explore what other cities were like. The one he could take by train soonest was the idyllic town of Ponyville… which gets itself caught up in all manner of things that would lkely drive property vaules down to where the Tree of Harmony might be located. However, Power Play liked how its simplicity was also its main draw. He decided he should make a home there. A few years pass by and after Power doess all manner of fundraising… even doing some rather… questionable things, he got the bits to buy a house near the edge of town and the Everfree Forest. Soon after that he bought some furnishings, including a television and a console to hook it up to. Then he could finally rest and-- oh, that’s right, tomorrow was applebucking day. He then decides right there to snooze.

The next morning he fires up his console. One quick game couldn’t hurt, right?

Right?

(insert “wrong” meme here)

This ended up becoming the longest virtual game played on record; how fitting it was a hockey title. 15 overtimes, the game lasted, between Canterlot and Vanhoover, and Applejack was starting to wonder where Power was. Just as she came by, the blare of a hockey horn sounded. Power had just won the longest game on record, and was not shy about voicing his pleasure. He knew in his mind this was what he was going to do; his destiny. Become one of Equestria’s greatest gamers. That’s when his cutie mark of a gamepad showed up. The rest, as they say, was history.

Sorry for no tragic backstory, if you were looking for one. I don’t want to wear that cliche any further down. Also, my OC pretty much represents me, so that’s why he’s a gamer pony.

2 Likes

All very interesting.

I am relatively neutral about the series. I never go out of my way to watch the series, but I am more than willing to watch episodes. I have seen a couple dozen episodes, most of which were with my ex girlfriend. We still watch some on occasion as we are still great friends. I always thought about making a pony OC for it, but I hate having to work within a preexisting canon. I much prefer building a world from scratch than conforming with a preexisting world. No clue what I would do for back story, but the pony would definitely have this mark, which is a simplified symbol version of Tacet’s neck brace engraving:

My favorite character from the series would have to be Discord with a 2nd place tie between Spike and Gilda. If it had to be a pony, the choice would probably be Rainbow Dash.

Out of curiosity, what initially got you into watching the series and at what point of watching the series would you say you started to consider yourself a brony?

1 Like

For my introduction, it was in the primitive year of 2011. Mastodons walked the earth, the Nintendo DS was still semi-popular, and MLP was in its sophomore season. I had played a game with somepony who went by the now-long-defunct gamertag of o Lyra o, and when I asked about it, he said it was from the show; apparently, Lyra Heartstrings was this guy’s pony. I said I’d check it out sometime; I wasn’t quite ready to make the Springfield Gorgean leap. Cut to a few weeks later, and I watch the pilot. I saw there was definitely potential here, and kept it somewhere in my mind. Fast forward to 2012, because nothing really exciting happened between then and there, and the Mayan Calendar Apocalypse. It was December 15th, and the world had only about 6 days to live, if that ancient civilization had it right. What better time to really dive into the pony show?

It took me until Sonic Rainboom, but the show finally grabbed me and never let go. I binge-watched the 55 episodes I hadn’t seen between the second part of the series premiere and the episode One Bad Apple, which is where I had started seeing more of what the show had to offer. It took me 6 days, 5 nights, as I didn’t want my parents knowing about it at the time.

Oooof course, the world had decided NOT to end, and therefore I was stuck with my newfound liking to technicolor equines. I ended up settling into it. Now? I would do it over again if I had a chance. Compared to some of the crap on TV nowadays, this is one of the better shows on offer.

2 Likes

Haha, sounds like what I did with Legendz: Tale of the Dragon Kings. The full series was around 55 episodes, all of which I watched within 2 days. I slept for about 3 hours. Then soon after I became a furry. :3

2 Likes

I consider mlp a show that contains nothing but furries as they are “animals with human traits.” Of course i will not label you a furry cause you do not want to be labeled as such and they are different fandoms with overlapping “features” in each. I watch the show but it gets hard to watch because i look at the show as “should my kid be watching this?” and most of the time i am appalled and intrigued by what i see and believe it should not be watched by kids without very close guidance and monitoring. I understand why people watch it in the fandom and i understand that the reason people dislike it is because they have not given it a chance. Also i like the pony backstory.

1 Like

Too many people use tragic backstories for their OCs. I want people to smile, not cry. That’s why mine is… sort of unique.

2 Likes

it goes with the theme of mlp. Mlp is a happy go lucky place so a happy back story should come natural.

1 Like

You would think… sorry, but having a tragic backstory means nothing if your OC ends up sucking wind tunnels. At least with me, you’ll get a happy pony story.

1 Like

Just read it and didn’t see so many “anthropomorphic animals”…

You really have to read One Piece if you want a lot of “anthropomorphic animals” :stuck_out_tongue: (yes, I’m a fanboy of this manga).

1 Like

I think this whole thread should be quarantined for the survival of humanity…

1 Like

I would like to know why that is but this is a no fly zone for hate. Only acceptance and understanding and logic is allowed here. Now i wanna pet a good dog or a nice kitten.

1 Like