Enter into this dungeon if you are Furry or otherwise are interested in them

Says the talking ape.

7 Likes

One of my best friendā€™s brothers has done a huge amount of artwork for my online blood bowl teams (player portarits, etcā€¦). I was amazed at how good they were, and went looking for other work they had done.

Needless to say, when I browsed their work, they were a furry in a big way. In retrospect, it made so much sense.

1 Like

Sometimes we do not look close enough at people and because of this we miss obvious details. Also that is cool. I have this belief that furry is not a fandom and that ā€œfurriesā€ has been a staple of earth since at least 10000 B.C.E.

You just blew my mind. Youā€™re totally right.

5 Likes

Maybe you should just avoid this thread.

Personally, I donā€™t understand this subculture either, but to each their own. If they were murdering people or abducting kids then Iā€™d support your desire to be a jerk, but theyā€™re not. Theyā€™re just hanging out in this thread talking about their shared interest. Donā€™t like it? Thereā€™s a few hundred other threads you can hang out in.

3 Likes

Eh excuse meā€¦if you read my posts they are all in good humor and at no point am I being a ā€œjerkā€. I have no problem with their ā€œsub-cultureā€ and like all things on the forum I read them with interest. I guess you missed the usual british sarcasm. I would be far more worried about thought police than cute furry things :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, so your argument is, ā€œyou missed the joke in which I suggested the closely-held beliefs of the other people in this thread are a detriment to humanity,ā€ huh?

How droll.

My point stands: Whether you think people should understand your sarcasm or not, donā€™t be a jerk.

1 Like

As I said I was not being a jerk but I cannot control your point of view. Having read many of your posts the word ā€œjerkā€ gets some serious use so I will just hold up my hands and move along. Have a nice day and sorry if my attempt at humor missed.

1 Like

I know it is well meant, but i donā€™t think people openly talking about their furry passion, need someone who ā€œdoesnā€™t understand this subcultureā€ to come and rescue them from a supposed jerk making snarky remarksā€¦
we may live in the age of political correctness, but the people here seem absolutely capable of dealing with it themselves if they saw it appropriate.

Also i really hope if someone was murdering people or abducting kids theyā€™d get more than a jerky comment.

1 Like

I have to ask this because i am confused. Sometimes you say ex boyfriend, sometimes ex girlfriend. Now I am not sure if you are a guy or a girl? It doesnā€™t change anything, but you know when a thought starts poking your mind, and you just want the answer no matter it makes no difference :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have only said ex girlfriend. I currently have a boyfriend. Those are the only two I have ever been with and donā€™t intend on that being more. :slight_smile:

I am a bisexual male.

2 Likes

Hey guys if you read my general forum content unless I am making a serious point most of my replies contain some form of humor with never the intention to offend or harm. If I have stepped on any toes in the case I whole heartedly apologise and it was not my aim to be a said ā€œjerkā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with that, more girls for me eh \o/
And I probably mixed up the ex part, my bad :smiley:
Anyway thanks for your answer, I was really interested to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I NEVER got the ā€œjerkā€ vibe from any post you have ever posted. I am very sarcastic myself, and it never translates well without some training wheels. My favorite training wheel being ā€œNo offense intendedā€.

2 Likes

Cheers Kool, I did kinda figure as reference was made to my Gorilla avatar that it was clear I am not anti furry and have and always have had cats which I love dearly. Anyways more match 3 to conquer them souls sadly donā€™t earn themselves.

1 Like

Wait @Hairyskinback so thats not your actual picture :scream:

Just joking of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only on a bad day before I have my coffee and shave :smiley:

3 Likes

Youā€™re fine, but any regular also knows you. I think Nex was just trying to ensure that the Gems forums are a safe space and clearly a furry thread is a place that could bring out the trolls. One of those ā€œbetter safe than sorryā€ moments.

1 Like

Right. Iā€™ve got nothing against you @hairyskinback, but Iā€™ve been working on the internet for over a decade and I know two things for certain: Sarcasm often translates poorly through text, and the topic of furries can very quickly draw the attention of cruel trolls. Like @studs said, itā€™s my job to ensure that these forums are a safe, pleasant place, after all.

But hey, if everyone else caught the sarcasm with no harm done, cool. Iā€™m happy to say I overreacted if thatā€™s the case.

1 Like

There needs to be a sarcasm font.

2 Likes