. Dudes, did anyone get Pharos-Ra in event chest or other chest this week?

That isn’t “good enough” confirmation for me, either.

I’m afraid that the only person I know who got Pharos-Ra this past week got it randomly from a few keys on a GLORY chest, and definitely NOT the Event Chest.

I’m the one who originally kicked off this inquiry (over here on April 10th) of whether it was possible to pull Pharos-Ra during this Event week. Unfortunately I think my fears have been confirmed instead… I used 435 Event keys and 4100 Gems and came up with innumerable Bone Dragons, but no Pharos, and of course I no longer have resources to get this week’s Mythic.

I have absolutely terrible luck getting any Mythic during its release week even when I do have resources. :disappointed: So I kind of wonder whether it may be the way I actually use keys? Maybe I should try doing 1000 individual single key pulls and see if that works. (Only half joking there) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Sorry, slightly off topic but since it’s sort of “the topic at hand” I figured I’d ask since I can’t find a confirmation through the search feature…

With Pharos Ra, how does his 3rd trait (+150% souls) work in stacking with other pharos ra’s? If I had 3 Pharos Ra’s would I get +450% souls? Coupled with another necro troops for a total of +500%? Or will his 3rd trait not stack with other copies of himself? Is there a maximum soul cap per match? Or with 4 Pharos, difficulty settings and guild/armor bonuses could I theoretically get like 1500 souls a battle?

@Sirrian, just wondering a bit about something. When you say you’ve checked before launching an Event troop in chests, you’re double-checking the chest behaviour by attempting to pull that troop using play accounts at different Hero levels, yes? To see how the RNG behaves on a level 1000 endgame account, as well as for level 200 midgame, and at level 50.

I’ve seen @Nimhain on Xbox test-pull 6 copies of Gard’s Avatar, so I’m guessing she might have been testing the drop rate from VIP, Gems and Glory chests separately. But that was testing it only on the one account. Would Nimhain at level 1100 with 340 mythic-levelled troops in her possession, 48days of playtime, and an account that’s undergone active revision updates since version 1.0.1 get the same results? We don’t know. From the comments of many regulars here and on XBox One, perhaps not.

RNG seems rather finicky for players with the heaviest gametime usage. I’ve seen something similar happening in other online games, where players who have the most “stuff” attached to their profiles (purchased weapons, armor, potions, housing or ship upgrades etc) also seem to have waaaay more trouble acquiring new rare items that drop via RNG than neophytes do. It becomes even more glaringly apparent when the item is supposed to drop at 100% frequency… and when it still fails to do so for a select population.

2 Likes

Yeah, nothing against the great man (I have a lot of faith in Sirrian’s abilities) but it’s hard for me to believe everything was working as intended when nobody has stopped by this post to confirm they or one of their guild mates pulled one last week. I understand the sample size is still small and RNG do what RNG do; but still, can we get another look into this once the major GW issues have been resolved, @Saltypatra?

2 Likes

There’s always a fixed Soul Cap that directly depends on the combined traits of the troops you’re using. It’s been confirmed previously by @Shimrra that getting at least two Pharos-Ra’s will stack and boost your cap to +300%. This is on PC/Mobile.

The devs delayed Pharos-Ra from console release recently in order to rework how his traits work, though… @Nimhain mentioned March 16th that Pharos had a bug with his 3rd trait which cropped up during playtesting on console. Not sure if it’s ever been an issue on Mobile.

Anyone want to trade a pharos-ra?

I have a few super rare white cards…

1 Like

Agreed. There’s a metric ton of issues at the moment but this one still needs some love.

We’re talking about 10’s of thousands of keys and gems paid with not one confirmation that he was gotten via Event chests.

It could be bad luck but based on how many problems there are currently with GW, my gut keeps telling me it’s a bug.

1 Like

I understand the massive frustrations, by spending tons of resources and get nothing…But why would Sirrian lie about it? He already said he double checked it. So then it has to be bad luck, right?

2 Likes

I don’t know that he has any reason to lie about it. But he said he checked it BEFORE the reset. It’s always possible things didn’t deploy correctly.

1 Like

Yeah no one is saying Sirrian is lying, but bugs creep up in strange ways and there may be something new that happened that he didn’t think to check.

2 Likes

Considering what it took to get Wayfinder correctly moved into gem chests…

I really wish they hadn’t changed the API and cause the drop calculator website to break, because we would be able to answer these questions ourselves

3 Likes

But your statement was It could be bad luck but my guess is it’s not.
So actually your guess is that things didnt deploy correctly? How can you know?

No worries, possibly a wrong word from me to use. But what do you expect to be happening next?

Sorry, I edited my post to make it more clear.

I have a team of three fully traited Pharos-Ra and a Kerberos that I use for Soul Farming. His 150% definitely stacks. My soul cap in the match is 240, and with my current soul bonus level I get a little over 900 souls per explore match on Warlord IV. PVP matches net me a little over 700.

But the best part of having more than one of them isn’t the soul gain, it’s his magic ability. With three of them on a team and one other necromancer, he gains 120 souls by casting his magic ONCE. That means the second time he uses his magic, he’s doing ~140 damage. The third time he uses his magic, he’s doing ~260 damage, which will devastate any team.

Yeah pretty much… I just have the two but its good enough for most targets at 100 on the second hit ^^

Really would like a third for lols :stuck_out_tongue:

I still don’t understand why your guts is telling you that its a bug. But let it be.
You are talking about an issue that needs some love. What do you expect to be happening next?

They need to check and make sure it got deployed correctly, not just loaded before reset. And I’d still like to see some confirmation that somebody actually scored one via Event Chests.

My gut keeps telling me it’s a bug because GW literally has more bugs than battles. There’s so many bugs recently that at an emotional level, it’s hard to believe it’s not a bug. (my rational side says something different, BTW).

1 Like

So if Sirrian comes back a 2nd time and says everything was fine, which is a most likely reply to get. If he comes back with another reply at all. You do still not believe him?
And if he does not come back with a 2nd reply, will you go on and on for weeks with this?

I have problem to understand everything, thats why I ask.

1 Like

Perfect, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Good on you for pulling 3 Pharos Ra, btw!