Don’t stop believin’

Haven’t heard of any The Star found yet. Always remember, the early bird gets the worm (or bug), the second mouse gets the cheese.

2 Likes

You can find Star in the Vault - just got one

20 Likes

Congrats, and thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

EVK or VK?
Which Platform?

Is The Moon in the drop table?

regular vault key on PC. I haven’t seen Moon yet

2 Likes

Also this, I think:

Could be wrong, but I think it should be “or gain more than +5” Miles if you lose, based on the text above it.

I.e. I don’t think losing a battle actually subtracts Miles from your total that have already been collected in addition to not receiving the signposted Mile rewards.

I think I’ve already seen a couple of people misunderstand this and share that misunderstanding.

Thank you for letting us know. This is important information!

…However, the Vault is also the only source of random treasure we don’t have the drop-rates for. Could you please publish Cedric’s drop-table?

7 Likes

This event is really slow without any medals that boost the stats. I get you get a few stats here and there when doing some of the battles, but overall it is more time put in for around the same rewards tiers as before from a world event.

1 Like

?

World Events don’t award deeds, let alone Deed Books.

I quite like these new events. I like the variety of the teams faced. I like how hard it gets and how there’s no medals to insta-win.

Not a fan of the “turn”-throttling of points. I think the garish interface of the map-screen is wholly unnecessary.

But all the rest? Quite nice — rewards are good, challenge is appreciated, the variety of enemies faced makes me feel like there’s actual change (re: progression of a journey) rather than a mindless grind of same throughout, and there was new content involved, to boot! We often get World Events where only epic-rarity tokens are in the shop tiers by comparison, and I find that pretty bo-ring, myself.

5 Likes

So instead the AI gets to insta-win. :clap:

1 Like

Trickster’s Shot

2 Likes

Overall its pretty good, but there’s a few enemies I wish they would take out, I.E. enemy Persistence vs a forced Green team

2 Likes

Agreed some feel unnecessarily mean. Megavore at high levels springs to mind.

Yep, as you can tell in the SS I cast it on the Valraven. Then the goblins went into a loop and took out 3 of my troops.
The only troop remaining could crash the game if I cast it. So I guess I was just “unlucky” ignore the bug and ridiculous scale. My fault for losing.

Your fault for not putting it in the protected position of your team so that every summoned goblin would be boosting your magic with a fresh suit of tasty, tasty armor, agreed :+1:

I’d also not cast on the raven until I could one-shot it, because if it flies you lose two sigils, if you lose there goes three, but :man_shrugging:

What do I know?

I can agree that goblins with high stats are really annoying. Anything that loops is annoying — looping at 5x stats is 5x as bad.

But that does not an “instant win for the AI” make. A strong position does not need to employ hyperbole.

3 Likes

Hey Thursday morning GoW QB. Regardless who I cast on the enemies next turn resulted in 3 deaths to my troops. Wtf are you talking about that’s not an insta win for the AI?

Yeah maybe if the stats were even one bugged troop could come back against the other 4. But given the circumstances the only real hyperbole is the notion that any team, or any positions…or any cast on one troop would of altered the match any shape or form.

You sound like a dev right now… You’re better than that.

Mana blocking, avoiding skulls, putting your hero at the bottom of the team where it’s relatively safe against goblins sans truffle, using a class with snap freeze because goblins, etc…

I mean, I get it — at a certain point, goblin stats are just too high, just like how Megavore can one-shot anyone you bring past a certain point. The latter doesn’t loop, the former does — the former is more dangerous, just as a Queen Bee encounter at level 500 surely will be in the future. It’ll suck, losing to that, just like losing always does.

What I don’t understand is the complaint — what would the alternative be? What is the solution as you would propose it?

Never facing goblins? Never facing Megavore? Never losing?

Maybe a level cap, as in delves, so that enemies can’t ever be too far beyond a reasonable reach?

I can’t get behind the first three posits, could maybe get behind the fourth (but a cap already exists where everything’s at 1k :man_shrugging:), but at the end of the day the scoring thresholds are going to be adjusted down and, achievement gained, there won’t really ever be a reason to encounter the fight that frustrated you so badly.

I’ll end by saying that, although I enjoy these events, they are probably terrible for new players. They get iced out way too soon, lacking mythics like Sycorax or weapons like Trickster’s Shot to level the playing field. How does one fix this, making it more accessible without watering it down for the endgamers it was built for? That’s a tough one — I’m not sure it’s even possible to do in a fair way.

And in a future event where restrictions take away any sycorax or trickster’s shot — no megavores, mangs, or the like — from everyone such that we’re all “new players,” in effect, I just might change my tune and cry bad event design… :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

This has been answered many times over (and ignored by this company just as many times) since World Event restrictions came in: deduct points from my battle score if I don’t use the corresponding weapon/troop color/kingdom/type , but let me choose my own team from whatever my full arsenal is, so I can use my Mang or EoE if that’s all I have / what I like to do.

#GuildWarsStyle
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

I don’t think @Magnusimus meant anything they said as a personal attack. There’s no need to act defensive and make personal attacks like “you’re better than that” when someone civilly disagrees with you.

That said, the new event is certainly different, and I’m not sure yet if that’s good or bad. While I agree with @Magnusimus about the fun of having harder fights and actually having to think to win, I also agree with @awryan in that high stats and loops, ESPECIALLY loops, can suck the fun out of the game, especially for new players who don’t have access to all the troops. Loops are becoming more of an issue with current metas and troops in general. Being completely crushed after 1 turn due to an empowered infinite loop team isn’t uncommon in PvP and GW, and there’s not (m)any good ways to counter it in only one turn. Add crazy stats to infinite loops, and ouch.

@AMT has the right idea, I think, in allowing other troops but detracting points. While it’s been suggested and ignored before, I may make a suggestion thread later today anyhow.

6 Likes

Ah, great reminder! I have seen that suggested before, and it would work just like Guild Wars so the framework is already there.

Great solution — all but the newest of players have Mang, so there’d always be a way to win no matter how high the stats of the opponent rose :+1:

2 Likes